DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fulicer
Beyond Newbie

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Fulicer » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:55 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Have him played off as a well mannered British gentlemen like Dudley from Street Fighter?

Turn him into a Ivan Drago like character with a thick accent.

"Kakarot..I must break you...like a Kit-Kat bar.."
"like Keet-Kat bar.."

Broken English sounds better

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:57 am

I still kinda want Broly to end up the most intelligent well mannered character and the opposite of Goku and Vegeta.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:25 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:I still kinda want Broly to end up the most intelligent well mannered character and the opposite of Goku and Vegeta.
I've wanted to see that as well but I'll be fine with whatever we get.

Here's a repost from many pages back.
KaiserNeko wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:"Excuse me Kakarot, I hate to be rude but I must closeline you now. Good day Sir."
"But dontcha gotta wash them firs--BLARGH"

Man, I will admit, Movie 8 is one of those "fucked no matter which way you go" movies. SOMEONE'S gonna be pissed with how we go with it, no matter which way we do take it. Especially considering the many options have already been played to death by many others before us.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:34 pm

Me and Iced imagined that quite a while ago. It seems British gentleman Broli is a popular re-imagination of the character.

"Well Kakarot, it's about time for a good round of the ol' fisticuffs. Tally-oh!"
"Good show Vegeta, ol' boy! Put it there ol' chap! Oop, there goes your spine."

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:24 pm

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if they just outright skipped the Broly movies, seeing as how Toei already abridged them. :lol:

Okay, so I made that joke at A-Kon, so what?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:13 am

CaBrPi wrote:Well, I wouldn't be surprised if they just outright skipped the Broly movies, seeing as how Toei already abridged them. :lol:

I hate to be that guy that asks for a joke to be explained...but do what now? :shock:

And as far as 'British gentleman Broly' goes, yeah...honestly I think as funny as that would be, it's 'too expected' at this point in time. I'd love it if they did go that route, but I'm actually hoping for something pretty unexpected. Kind of like Cell's little rendition of 'Sandman'. That came out of f-ing NOWHERE, and I loved it. :lol:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:05 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
CaBrPi wrote:Well, I wouldn't be surprised if they just outright skipped the Broly movies, seeing as how Toei already abridged them. :lol:

I hate to be that guy that asks for a joke to be explained...but do what now? :shock:

And as far as 'British gentleman Broly' goes, yeah...honestly I think as funny as that would be, it's 'too expected' at this point in time. I'd love it if they did go that route, but I'm actually hoping for something pretty unexpected. Kind of like Cell's little rendition of 'Sandman'. That came out of f-ing NOWHERE, and I loved it. :lol:
Well, for one, I found the first Broly movie hilarious in the first place. The second one less so, but still amusing. Haven't seen the third yet though.

And I made a similar joke about DBGT during the TFS 18+ panel at A-Kon this month. :P

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakarot88 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:22 am

I'd love for Broly to sound like Ronny Coleman! :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCiJwHqtugQ, http://youtu.be/apu9QAYRIA8?t=23s,

OR like Schwarzenegger!!
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me, but really, you're not even CLOSE."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Sir Winston Chruchill / Dragon Ball Z in a nutshell

How I enjoy the anime:

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:06 am

I think he'll be a lot funnier mute.. :lol:

matt0044
Advanced Regular

Post by matt0044 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:32 am

TFS has such great VAs. I really hope they manage to make it as pros, they've got potential.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:47 pm

Personally I like the Ivan Drago idea
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:39 am

dario03 wrote:Maybe he could be a not so bright but good hearted giant that is only trying to help but his inability to control his power makes everybody think he is evil. Probably a lot of editing to make that work though.

Broly: "Oh the poor people of planet Shamo, you can't go back to your home world because of the terrible space storm... Here I will get rid of the storm for you"
*blows up planet*
Broly: "Ahhh sorry sorry sorry"
Goku: "Get him everybody"
Broly: "wait no it was a accident!"
I legitimately laughed! Haha, brilliant! It just seems so right! And because TFS Goku is so unaware, dumb, and socially inept, his reaction would be exactly that! HA!
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:58 pm

Just to see the magnitude of KaiserNeko's genius editing, I decided to watch the Cooler 2 breakdown. Besides being in awe in how much was changed and how he did it, he mentioned abridging World's Strongest next, so yeah.

The First World's Strongest Abridged was the second abridged movie when it was just Lani, Vegeta3986, Masokox and Itouchedyusuke under the Neighboorhood Cluck moniker. While the first Dead Zone abridged is a nostalgia trip/so horrible it's good for fans and old shame for the writers, I wonder what the feelings about World's Strongest Abridged are.

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:28 am

The breakdown videos are really neat! Goes to show how much is actually edited and how much work is put into it. I never noticed some of those edits while watching the movie too! :shock:

Just makes me appreciate the abridged series more.

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:22 am

Sooo...

Who's ready for DBZ Kai Abridged Episode 2 this Sunday?
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:27 am

KaiserNeko wrote:Sooo...

:wave: OOOH OOOH....I AM I AM...I'M READY EDDIE SPAGHETTI :wave:
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Sun-Wukong
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sun-Wukong » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:34 am

My body has never been more Reggie for anything in this life or any past lives.
This will never not be my sig:
VegettoEX wrote:"Snoop Lion" is just a character he's playing for his reggae album and documentary. Him saying that it's his new name is all part of the character.

I can't believe this is on-topic.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:36 am

dbzfan7 wrote:

:wave: OOOH OOOH....I AM I AM...I'M READY EDDIE SPAGHETTI :wave:
Why did that make me laugh so hard I cried?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:37 am

So the "Next Episode Progress" bar on the site....does it refer to said Kai Abridged 2, or Episode 43?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:10 am

And here I thought we were never gonna get an actual second Kai episode. :lol: I look forward to how you guys manage to (I assume anyway) cram the entirety of the Freeza arc into one video.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)