DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:38 am

Kataphrut wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:59 pm I was actually expecting SS4 to be higher. Like, top 3 even. Are they really gonna put SS2, the least visually distinct one above it?
It may not be visually distinct from Ssj1, but it had a far bigger impact than Ssj4 within the story and the franchise as a whole.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:01 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:11 pm

DAMMIT, MISSED IT AGAIN!

But yeah, Cell definitely had the best overall "permanent villain transformation attaining" in the series.

That leaves only 3 more spots for SS2, Ultra Instinct, and the original Super Saiyan.

We all know that the first Super Saiyan form is number 1, no questions asked, but I'm more curious to know whether SS2 or Ultra Instinct will pull ahead for number 2. There are strong arguments for both, honestly.

SS2 definitely had more of an emotional and plot-centric buildup, but Ultra Instinct's whole concept and progression is an absolute treat compared to SS2 being just a raw angered power boost. SS2 remained the defacto main power-up to SS1 for the longest time, but Ultra Instinct is so fresh and balanced by its strengths and weaknesses by comparison.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:28 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:11 pmI'm curious to know whether SS2 or Ultra Instinct will pull ahead for number 2.
Also, which Ultra Instinct will make it, Omen or mastered ? That's of course assuming they're categorizing them as 2 separate forms.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:41 pm

I already figured from the beginning that Super Saiyan 2 would be ranked above 3 and 4, but I’ve never personally cared for it. Of all the main Super Saiyan forms, it’s the most generic to me. Even when Gohan uses it during the Cell Games, it more or less follows the same general idea that the first Super Saiyan form followed when Goku fought Freeza.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:47 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:28 pm
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:11 pmI'm curious to know whether SS2 or Ultra Instinct will pull ahead for number 2.
Also, which Ultra Instinct will make it, Omen or mastered ? That's of course assuming they're categorizing them as 2 separate forms.
I reckon they'll include both, but give a shout-out to Sign for being the better design and having the better execution (in the anime, at least).

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:09 pm

Since they’ll probably include Ultra Instinct either in the next video or the one after that, I’m just going to preemptively say that I don’t really like the manga design for that form. Making Goku skinnier was a neat idea for Super Saiyan God, but following that same design choice with UI makes it feel too derivative. I’d rather Goku’s physique not change at all when he’s in that form.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:12 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:09 pm Since they’ll probably include Ultra Instinct either in the next video or the one after that, I’m just going to preemptively say that I don’t really like the manga design for that form. Making Goku skinnier was a neat idea for Super Saiyan God, but following that same design choice with UI makes it feel too derivative. I’d rather Goku’s physique not change at all when he’s in that form.
Toyotarou has backtracked on that idea both for Sign and the completed form in the Moro arc, where Goku is substantially more muscular.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:02 pm

3- Ssj2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN3aDN8tk6A

That leaves the second spot for Garlic Jr's transformation and the first spot for the original Ssj.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:42 pm

Alright, Ultra Instinct number 2, baby!

I had a feeling that SS2's downsides would drag it down just that smidge!

zDBZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by zDBZ » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:22 pm

Starting to get the feeling that the treatment of Gohan in the Buu saga was a contributing factor to the burnout :P

Funny how Gohan's SSJ2 ended up at the #3 spot on yet another of their lists.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:56 pm

Ultra Instinct might not make it...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:06 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:56 pm Ultra Instinct might not make it...
I don't see how.

While it is partially a technique, it's also definitely a transformation for Goku. And what other form could honestly make number 2 after Super Saiyan out of the ENTIRE franchise?

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:32 pm

What options we have right now for the second place?

I can remember Garlic's transformation, the Grades, Blue, Rosé, Rage (Trunks), Oceanus Shenron, Barry Khan, Bojack, Cooler, Baby, Ribrianne and Moro.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:50 pm

Yeah, none of those really stand out based on the criteria that Lani, Kaiser, and Kirran set.

Seriously, if Super Saiyan 2 only makes it to number 3 and Super Saiyan is still left, it can really only leave Ultra Instinct.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:12 am

SSJgogeto wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:32 pm What options we have right now for the second place?

I can remember Garlic's transformation, the Grades, Blue, Rosé, Rage (Trunks), Oceanus Shenron, Barry Khan, Bojack, Cooler, Baby, Ribrianne and Moro.
Glad you remebered all of these(Especially with Ribrianne and the U2 girls being my favorite Transformations now), but honestly I am surprised Gohon SS2 was 3rd place, though that would be an easy 2nd at the very least. :eh:

My guess is that it will be;

2.) Ultra Instinct
1.) Goku SSJ 1

Really if UI is 2nd I will be pretty surprised it made it this higher even above SSJ 2 and Cell.

Also my favorite villain Cell seems to can’t get beyond 4th place in a poll with this crew.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:27 pm

Top 12 Transformations of Dragon Ball | #02 | DBCember 2020

Ultra Instinct, baby!

How fitting that I achieved Ultra Instinct in posting this! FINALLY!

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:57 pm

Definitely worthy of the top 3. It's such a shame the Moro arc has turned it into just another conscious transformation. I also prefer Omen over MUI, as I think it's by far one of the best concepts introduced in the franchise.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:38 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:57 pm Definitely worthy of the top 3. It's such a shame the Moro arc has turned it into just another conscious transformation. I also prefer Omen over MUI, as I think it's by far one of the best concepts introduced in the franchise.
I think most fans of the form (myself included) agree that the precursor state is better executed and just plain better looking.

It truly exemplifies Toriyama's idea of "less is more", which is even more ironic considering he didn't come up with the idea and originally envisioned Ultra Instinct as a Super Saiyan God recolour.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:46 pm

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.