DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Attitudefan » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:36 pm

I still think Dragon Ball movie 3 and Dragon Ball Z movie 1 had the best animation in the franchise. Tao vs Goku and Arale is absolutely beautiful. Same goes for Goku vs Nikki and Ginger.

Somewhere down the line the animation started to look ugly and the character models looked off.

Though, the last 2 DBZ movies in the 90s looked really good.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:40 pm

Hey Kaiser! Instead of dubbing the DB how about dubbing the DB movies which are basically retelling the story.

Akumaito Beam
Regular

Post by Akumaito Beam » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:42 pm

The editing always really impresses me. I love it best when you just fix shit that the original animators fucked up on like 18's stockings or derp eyes. It's completely seamless to my (admittedly untrained) eyes. In my ideal fantasy world I'd just love to see you guys touch up all 291 episodes of the anime. I know that's completely impossible for many reasons but it sure would be neato.

Watching your production videos makes me curious about what the limitations of editing are. Like I'm pretty sure with some adjustment you guys could fix derpy fish eye Goku from the Cell games.

But would fixing fucked up Yogi Bear Vegeta be plausible without a complete redraw?

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:05 pm

I don't know what I'm looking forward to more...

Cell's time in the limelight (I liked what little hints we got)

Trunks' future (so much potential there)

Super Android 13, because Cooler 2's dick-punching joke had to be set up for Vegeta's revenge (poor Goku)

No matter which comes out first, though, I know I'm going to enjoy it.

*sits back, glass casually in hand*
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:09 pm

Akumaito Beam wrote: But would fixing fucked up Yogi Bear Vegeta be plausible without a complete redraw?
Was that scene kept on Kai?

Anyway, i just remembered this particular moment from the Buu Saga filler.
Nappa clone filler guy here... and if i remember right he was a movie director or something.

You sly foxes, i finally figured out what you guys want to do with the character.
It's gonna be great!
Last edited by Flame Dragon on Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:53 pm

Flame Dragon wrote:Nappa clone filler guy here... and if i emember right he was a movie director or something.
Not quite, it was the Red/Black lookalikes that were the film directors. This guy was just some generic street thug. Still wouldn't doubt them playing with it some though. :mrgreen:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:10 am

Valerius Dover wrote:Can't wait to see how you guys handle Movie 7. The dub of that movie is already practically a parody of the original. :lol:
At the very least, we've already seen 17 make fun of 13's accent and "trucker hat," so it seems like TFS intends to play up that particular... eccentricity of his English-dub self.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:37 am

If they ever do DBZKai Abridged, when they reach Boo arc, they should barely make it faster than the Z version. :lol:
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:09 am

Kaboom wrote:
Valerius Dover wrote:Can't wait to see how you guys handle Movie 7. The dub of that movie is already practically a parody of the original. :lol:
At the very least, we've already seen 17 make fun of 13's accent and "trucker hat," so it seems like TFS intends to play up that particular... eccentricity of his English-dub self.
And it shall be glorious. :mrgreen:

I stand by what I've said before though - I can scarcely blame FUNi for what they did with Android 13, because at least that way he had some semblance of personality. I still cannot believe how drab he is in the original Japanese version.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:49 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I stand by what I've said before though - I can scarcely blame FUNi for what they did with Android 13, because at least that way he had some semblance of personality. I still cannot believe how drab he is in the original Japanese version.
Exactly. 13 in Japanese sounds like (insert generic bad guy).
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:57 pm

Still really wanna know how Broly is gonna be handled.

Perhaps itll just be Takahata being Vic Mignogna and constantly complaining about his vocal cords.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:59 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Still really wanna know how Broly is gonna be handled.

Perhaps itll just be Takahata being Vic Mignogna and constantly complaining about his vocal cords.
We thought about that, but nope.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:08 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Still really wanna know how Broly is gonna be handled.

We thought about that, but nope.
Have him played off as a well mannered British gentlemen like Dudley from Street Fighter?

Turn him into a Ivan Drago like character with a thick accent.

"Kakarot..I must break you...like a Kit-Kat bar.."
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:14 pm

Broly can be funny just by being Broly.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:17 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Have him played off as a well mannered British gentlemen like Dudley from Street Fighter?
That would be great. Have him well mannered until he goes SSJ, then GRAAAUGHHJHGH!!!! Then he's all Hulk speech and grunts...

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:44 pm

Maybe he could be a not so bright but good hearted giant that is only trying to help but his inability to control his power makes everybody think he is evil. Probably a lot of editing to make that work though.

Broly: "Oh the poor people of planet Shamo, you can't go back to your home world because of the terrible space storm... Here I will get rid of the storm for you"
*blows up planet*
Broly: "Ahhh sorry sorry sorry"
Goku: "Get him everybody"
Broly: "wait no it was a accident!"

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:56 pm

I think I'm the only one who can see Abridged Broly like Abridged Jack Atlas. Just screaming everything, even when he's not Legendary and completely inappropriate.

Paragus: "Broly, son, would you like a sandw-"
Broly: "SAAAANDWIIIIIIIIIIICH!!!"
Paragus: "Broly, calm do-"
Broly: "CAN I HAVE TURKEY AND CHEESE?!"
Paragus: "Fine, you can have turkey and cheese."
Broly: "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!"

Goku: "Get him everyone!"
Broly: "I DON'T APPRECIATE YOUR TONE!"
Goku: "Look out Gohan!"
Broly: "HUUUUGS FOR EVERYOOOONE!"

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:23 pm

"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:19 pm

Gentleman Yandere Russian Broly? Nah, too outlandish.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:59 pm

The memories. Instead of "Kakarot"... chocolate.