DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by KaiserNeko » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:32 am

Hey there, this is KaiserNeko!

Now, before I begin, I'd like to rest assure people that I searched the forum the best I could to find if anyone had posted about this and I found no trace. I also would like to say that what I did find pointed me to this section of the forum to post this.

DragonBall Z Abridged Episode 1

This stars the voices and brains behind Naruto Abridged, Berserk Abridged, Yu Yu Hakusho Abridged, Sailor Moon Abridged, G-Gundam Abridged, and Lupin The 3rd Abridged... the last one being me.

Would love some feedback from some of the biggest DBZ fans on the planet!
Last edited by KaiserNeko on Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:15 am, edited 5 times in total.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:30 am

That was some of the funniest stuff I've seen in a long time! I also really liked the cast. I wish FUNi would hire them to dub DBZ. Of course, it would all be a waste of FUNi doesn't give them proper translations to work with.

At the same time, though, I wish FUNi would actually hire these guys to do DBZ Abridged and put it on DVD. It'd be like the MXC of Dragonball.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:32 am

Kendamu wrote:That was some of the funniest stuff I've seen in a long time! I also really liked the cast. I wish FUNi would hire them to dub DBZ. Of course, it would all be a waste of FUNi doesn't give them proper translations to work with.
I really enjoy the Goku we're using. MasakoX is a huge fan of Masako Nozawa and has been terrific for us. We can't wait until episode 2, where we all get to hear his KameHameHa! :D
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:11 am

Kendamu wrote:That was some of the funniest stuff I've seen in a long time! I also really liked the cast.
Ditto on both counts, had me rollin' much more than I expected. :lol: :lol: :lol:
14 years later

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:46 am

That was amazing, haha.

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:50 am

I like it it's funny, they made the "Play Boy He Who should not be named' rumour better by putting Puar in there instead of a hooker named Becky Haffer. :D

and the voices are funny as hell XD

SSj Gogito
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSj Gogito » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:03 am

This was much funnier than i thought it would be, Great Job
Where's The Beef

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:13 am

Voices are nothing but class, Masakox REALLY shines in this one, the perfect Goku.
Aside from the great talent, you've managed to develop a pretty great dialouge, I was laughing the whole way through.
A lot of effort has been put into this, it really shows, and it really pays off.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:59 am

Yeah, I saw this the other day. High-quality stuff, and certainly a big step above most other attempts at "Abridged" series.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:59 am

This, my friend, kicks so much ass, that the pile of kicked asses is visible from Space. If someone needed to go Oozaru, they could stare at the pile of kicked asses and go SSJ4.

Now, I'll be bugging everyone I know with this link. :D Have a nice day.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:05 am

That is my favorite fan-dub ever! I love the "bow-chicka-wow-wow" part by Roshi, I always wanted that to be brought up. I love the other Dragonball Abridged commercials they made, I'll link to them as soon as I can, I'm at school and Youtube and all of the proxy sites are blocked. Great find!
Last edited by SSj_Rambo on Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:22 pm

Wow, that was amazing :p I think I laughed the whole time watching having to rewatch stuff like 20 times. I love it :p I hope those guys do more :D

DominatorLost
Beyond Newbie

Post by DominatorLost » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:36 pm

Amazing stuff guys, I'm looking forward to how this thing is gonna unfold.

"Double Sun--! But that's the real name!"

"I was bitchslapped through a house!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:14 pm

That was awesome parody.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:21 pm

Noticed this the other day. Very funny. Not sure why it never occured to me to post it here. Any idea what the wait between episodes will be?

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:29 pm

Seriously, KaiserNeko, if any of the people on this project are near Ft. Worth, TX or is willing to relocate, they need to apporach FUNimation about voice talent for Dragonball-related stuff. Especially MasakoX.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:45 pm

I found this a while back, but completely forgot to bring it up here. Good to know we actually have someone from the cast of the series to bring it up though. Good job voicing the space pod :wink:!

What I really like about the work you guys in general have been doing with these abridged series is that the writing in it is pretty witty, making some references to some stuff that only fans of the show would get. Stuff like "keep your eye on the birdie" and Roshi's changing beverage was awesome.

And what's better is that since all you guys (Team Four Star) are already "well versed" in abridging series, the viewers won't be faced with things like bad video quality or shoddily made opening title logos. Sure, you guys are using the widescreen footage, but it's better than nothing, I guess. Maybe you guys'll even take a crack at FUNi for widescreening the series in later episodes :nudgenudge:..?

The only two problems I had (and they really weren't all that big) were the misspelling of Toriyama's name at the beginning and Gohan being four instead of five. Hilariously entertaining stuff overall, though.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:08 pm

Yeah, it's really good. With all the crap floating around on Youtube nowadays, one pretty much expects anything titled "<anime name> Abridged" to suck horribly, but this one was a pleasant surprise.

GokuSoul
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GokuSoul » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:37 pm

Wow I didn't find that funny at all...I only watched the whole thing because of that fantastic quality...

email2003
Beyond Newbie

Post by email2003 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:30 pm

GokuSoul wrote:Wow I didn't find that funny at all...I only watched the whole thing because of that fantastic quality...
I loved the voices though. It was good.