DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:20 pm

Dragon Shortz: Android Date-Teen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap_93c3bKJI

Quirky, threatening, and a little sweet. Just like Eighteen. :lol:

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:51 pm

I really liked this episode. A nice showcase of the sweet and funny romance between 18 and Krillin.

You can tell how these 2 were made for each other in this.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:41 am

FoolsGil wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:20 pm Dragon Shortz: Android Date-Teen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap_93c3bKJI

Quirky, threatening, and a little sweet. Just like Eighteen. :lol:
Not the funniest short they made, but definitely the most adorable one. I loved it.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:27 am

Surprised there were no jokes about Krillin's mighty schlong. Either way this was very cute, animation on 18's face looks a bit weird though. This could quite easily pass for real Dragon Ball content, the obnoxious effeminate sleaze is a classic archetype.

StonewallJackson

Post by StonewallJackson » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:19 pm

The other two were okay, but I didn't like this one at all. It was a jokeless blatant shipper bait that I thought TFS was above.

Who does what for these videos anyway? Who does the animation, writing, directing, etc?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:07 am

StonewallJackson wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:19 pm The other two were okay, but I didn't like this one at all. It was a jokeless blatant shipper bait that I thought TFS was above.
Can it really be considered 'shipper bait' when the characters are already in a relationship, much less one that's existed since the 90's in the original franchise?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:12 pm

StonewallJackson wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:19 pm The other two were okay, but I didn't like this one at all. It was a jokeless blatant shipper bait that I thought TFS was above.

Who does what for these videos anyway? Who does the animation, writing, directing, etc?
So, Krillin & 18 making some dark jokes on their date, then some other small things intended for jokes makes it "jokeless"? Then, the fact that the characters have been together in canon for over 20 years by now & that TFS played up Krillin's attraction to 18 even more than Z did & they gave 18 dialogue to show it's a mutual attraction, since Toriyama didn't really do much for the pairing himself, means that it's "blatant shipper bait"? Do you not like the pairing? And, how is TFS above showing a relationship from DB & their take on it? It's cute & not meant to be their normal brand of comedy, so I think you had the wrong expectations here, since these ShortZ are meant to be more of portraying character dynamics a lot better than Abridged allowed than parodying any situation from canon.

As for the questions, the descriptions always have at least SOME of this information & they've given some of the. others have others, but...
Animation: BeruangaMation.
Writing: Kaiser, Lani, & Taka.
Direction: I'm pretty sure Kaiser voice directs the series.
Storyboards: Zito.

The others might be different for at least a few of those.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:17 am

As far as dining experiences in the DBZA continuity go, a knife held at someone's throat and a broken table qualify this as a very calm outing.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:57 am

An entire Date Night episode for all characters would be hilarious.

You got your Chi-Chi and Goku, 18 and Krillin, Vegeta and Bulma, Zarbon and Princess Snake...

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:37 pm

I don't think anyone's under any illusions that the animation on the ShortZ is great. It does the job, though.

Ultimately, though, what's always kept us coming back to DBZA is the writing. And the writing here? Top-notch. This was a delightful little thing TFS has given us. :)
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat May 02, 2020 3:43 pm

Brikikoz wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:01 pm Someday, some years in the future, someone will figure out a way to do a Dragonball Multiverse abridged. Not the comic, a genuine multiverse of the various anime timelines that happen post Cell.

Buu, Super, GT, and whatever the best game is at the time. On their own, the various stories are weak, but mixed into a multiverse pot, there's potential there.
Huh? This already exists and it's called Dragon Ball Legends.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

DBTurnip

Post by DBTurnip » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:19 pm

I think I just found another reason why the team stopped before doing the Majin Buu arc. And that reason would have created a plot hole for the Abridged continuity if not adressed.

Daisetsu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daisetsu » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:02 pm

Okay... Mind sharing what that plot hole potentially is?

DBTurnip

Post by DBTurnip » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:47 am

Daisetsu wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:02 pm Okay... Mind sharing what that plot hole potentially is?
You know how Abridged!Popo is REALLY powerful, to the point that TFS said that only Zeno was superior to him in power?
Well, recall what happens with Super Buu at the Lookout after he escaped from Gotenks and Piccolo. Yeah.

Recall how Dende was the only survivor from there due to Mr. Popo throwing him out before Super Buu eats everyone there? If Popo's so powerful in the Abridged world, why would he be eaten? Wouldn't Abridged!Super Buu try to absorb Popo instead?

Not only that, why would Popo even let Super Buu do his business if not only he's more powerful than him but this time, his OWN life is directly in danger?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:37 pm

DBTurnip wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:47 am
Daisetsu wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:02 pm Okay... Mind sharing what that plot hole potentially is?
You know how Abridged!Popo is REALLY powerful, to the point that TFS said that only Zeno was superior to him in power?
Well, recall what happens with Super Buu at the Lookout after he escaped from Gotenks and Piccolo. Yeah.

Recall how Dende was the only survivor from there due to Mr. Popo throwing him out before Super Buu eats everyone there? If Popo's so powerful in the Abridged world, why would he be eaten? Wouldn't Abridged!Super Buu try to absorb Popo instead?

Not only that, why would Popo even let Super Buu do his business if not only he's more powerful than him but this time, his OWN life is directly in danger?
They commented on this a while ago. They said something like 'if you think we can't make it so Popo survives, you're underestimating our editing skills'.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:48 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:37 pm

They commented on this a while ago. They said something like 'if you think we can't make it so Popo survives, you're underestimating our editing skills'.
That, and Popo most likely beating the ever loving snot out of Goten and Trunks were the two things I was looking forward to, when it came to the Buu Saga, when it was still on the cards.

DBTurnip

Post by DBTurnip » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:43 am

Yeah, no, they would break the story if they do that, tho. Popo would have NO good reason to not beat Super Buu's ass at that point.
I love their editing skills, but even there are limits.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:54 pm

DBTurnip wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:43 am

Yeah, no, they would break the story if they do that, tho. Popo would have NO good reason to not beat Super Buu's ass at that point.
Popo could have stopped every threat and chose not to, it wouldn't break the stroy any more then him being that strong anyway. Personally I would have had Popo and Beerus equal not have him close to Zeno.

Popo and Beerus not knowing which one was stronger would have been gold to me.

Also surprising they made 18 a smoker in the date night episode.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:30 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:54 pm
DBTurnip wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:43 am
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:37 pm They commented on this a while ago. They said something like 'if you think we can't make it so Popo survives, you're underestimating our editing skills'.
Popo could have stopped every threat and chose not to, it wouldn't break the stroy any more then him being that strong anyway. Personally I would have had Popo and Beerus equal not have him close to Zeno.

Popo and Beerus not knowing which one was stronger would have been gold to me.

Also surprising they made 18 a smoker in the date night episode.
Honestly, if you think that would cause a plot hole in Abridged, I've got some news for you. As many plot holes Abridged tried to fix from the original Z, it also made a lot of its own. This isn't anything new.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:44 pm

It summarises how seriously DBZA took itself towards the end that Mr. Popo's power level is now being discussed.