WeeklyTubeShow (DBZ Parody Dubs) (NSFW)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

WeeklyTubeShow (DBZ Parody Dubs) (NSFW)

Post by Innagadadavida » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm

NOTE: I originally started this thread to share WeeklyTubeShow's videos on Kanzenshuu (Daizex at the time). Since then I joined forces with Remix to work on these videos. This thread has been modified since I first posted it to showcase the WeeklyTubeShow YouTube channel as it exists now (as of this update).

What is WeeklyTubeShow?
Long before TeamFourStar, there was WEEKLYTUBESHOW! WeeklyTubeShow is a YouTube channel that first gained traction in 2006 with dubbed parody clips of Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball. Voice actor Remix began creating these videos in his spare time as a way to practice voice acting and writing. I began working with Remix in 2008 on the WeeklyTubeShow channel to edit the videos and write. Everyone is familiar with Dragon Ball Z Abridged, WeeklyTubeShow is similar but rather than retelling the whole story, each video is just a short skit with the DBZ characters and footage. This project actually began before DBZ: Abridged started; WeeklyTubeShow even began before the first abridged series ever, Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged, made its debut. It's not really a contest though because Remix and myself are both friends with TeamFourStar and we have worked with them on several projects. As the channel grew in subscribers Remix and I expanded the content to include full abridged parodies. The most popular of which is Dub of the North Star, an abridged parody of Fist of the North Star. I also post How-To Tutorials for video editing on WeeklyTubeShow.

Dragon Dub Z
Way back in 2006, Remix used Windows Movie Maker and extremely low quality clips of Dragon Ball Z, and dubbed over the footage with his own voice in real time. They were very poor quality videos but they made so folks like myself laugh. The most famous video was Piccolo Lays A Beating, which was even referenced in the TeamFourStar DBZ Abridged Movie 7. The WeeklyTubeShow channel grew in popularity and viewers made fanworks of the WeeklyTubeShow version of Piccolo, including a techno song. The following videos are part of the Dragon Dub Redux series which are refreshed "Kai-ified" versions of the old videos. The ones labeled Dragon Dub Returns are more recent.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Dub of the North Star
Dub of the North Star is an Abridged Parody of Fist of the North Star. Recently Kenshiro from Dub of the North Star made a cameo appearance on Dragon Ball Z Abridged facing off against Cell. If you like Dragon Ball Z Abridged, you'll probably like this too!

Image Image Image Image

And Much Much More
The following videos are parody dubs that do not include any material from Dragon Ball Z or Fist of the North Star.

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Innagadadavida on Tue May 30, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 27 times in total.

Wojak
Regular

Post by Wojak » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:38 pm

Yes, those are awesome!
I think that the guy that makes those videos is a member of Daizex too.
No more time for Daizex. Goodbye folks!

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:40 pm

Yea that guys videos gave me a good laugh when I first saw them. I loved "Pimp Of The Year"
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:30 pm

He actually has an account on here. His username is Remix.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:20 am

Does he still post? I haven't noticed anybody of that name since I have been here.

Zuhalter2000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zuhalter2000 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:31 am

[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
[quote="Tenshinhan (Ocean Dub)"]This three-eyed cowboy is going for one last ride![/quote]
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Zuhalter2000[/url]

DBZOceanHD
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZOceanHD » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:27 am

Innagadadavida wrote:Does he still post? I haven't noticed anybody of that name since I have been here.
http://db.schuby.org/daizex/search.php? ... thor=Remix - His last post was in October 2008.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:32 am

Oh, yeah, he was the one with those great avatars :lol:

These vids are pretty funny, I hope he keeps it up.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm gonna stand by this statement that I've been saying for years: If Piccolo was a human, he'd be black.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:26 am

I wonder where he went. I wonder if he's gonna do more. I wonder if the other Piccolo will ever get that shine. So many questions.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:18 am

Innagadadavida wrote:I wonder where he went. I wonder if he's gonna do more.
IIRC someone brought this question up to him here on Daizex. He said he didn't want to make more because his audience would still be expecting dick jokes and he wanted to make his humor a little more witty.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:26 pm

Pfftt... What a cop out. He can do what ever he wants. He'd only be expanding his audience.

What I mean to say is this... He made something that people genuinely enjoyed. He made people laugh. Then for what-ever reason he decided he didn't want to do it anymore. That's fine. What's not fine is putting the blame on the people who enjoyed his work. His fans' taste isn't refined enough for him to continue? He started the whole thing, he shouldn't blame the people who appreciate him and his work.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:36 am

Big Momma wrote:Oh, yeah, he was the one with those great avatars :lol:

These vids are pretty funny, I hope he keeps it up.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm gonna stand by this statement that I've been saying for years: If Piccolo was a human, he'd be black.
Same here, and Piccolo's dub voice (UUC, Movie 1) further convinces me of this.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:18 pm

WeeklyTubeShow was removed by the user.

WHAT THE HELL, MAN!? Why would he take that down!? People love his videos.

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:40 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:WeeklyTubeShow was removed by the user.

He got tired of doing the dubs a while ago.
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:20 pm

Pain wrote:
Innagadadavida wrote:WeeklyTubeShow was removed by the user.

He got tired of doing the dubs a while ago.
Yeah, it's one thing to not do them. But it's completely different to just take them all down so that nobody can see them. What an ass.

I'm going to re-upload some of his better ones.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:56 am

Huh, that really is weird. I had kind of figured he wasn't going to do any more, judging from the time gap, but I don't understand why he would take them down.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:04 am

Innagadadavida wrote:I'm going to re-upload some of his better ones.
You know, you should ask him first.

It's his right if he wants to post them, not yours. He made them available to the public, but to re-post them without his permission, after him taking them down... It's rude. People may do it all the time, but that doesn't make them any less rude either.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Daijuken
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Daijuken » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:20 am

Ah, no! His videoooooosss... :cry:

They were awesome. He could of least kept them on, I mean what harm is it doing? If he doesn't want to dub anymore that's fine, but taking his old ones down just seems a bit...strange. :?

It'll be like TeamFourStar taking their's down all because they don't want to dub anymore.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:03 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:You know, you should ask him first.

It's his right if he wants to post them, not yours. He made them available to the public, but to re-post them without his permission, after him taking them down... It's rude. People may do it all the time, but that doesn't make them any less rude either.
I've tried everything in my power to get a hold of him. The only contact information I could get was his AIM screen name and he hasn't been on since I got it. If he wants me to take it down, I will - no questions asked. But I would love nothing more than to talk to him about it first.

I don't think it's rude at all, I will not be taking credit for them.

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:08 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:I've tried everything in my power to get a hold of him. The only contact information I could get was his AIM screen name and he hasn't been on since I got it. If he wants me to take it down, I will - no questions asked. But I would love nothing more than to talk to him about it first.

I don't think it's rude at all, I will not be taking credit for them.
But they're not your videos in the first place and it's his right to take them down if he wants. Listen, this is coming from a guy who's been doing this kind of thing for a while, it's assumptive and just because you can't get a hold of him doesn't mean it's ok.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/