Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:47 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mooreish » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:12 am

kemuri07 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:08 am
Mooreish. I don't think you understand the fact that people tend to have a public and private persona. Meaning that how a person acts in a public setting is not necessarily the way they act all the time. Vic Mignogna is an actor. Vic Mignogna is experienced in working a crowd and dealing with the public. I'm not saying that Mignogna is some evil sociopath who deliberately hides behind a false persona. What I am saying is that even people who are considered "chill and kind" can do some bad stuff. Because we're human. And how we get better is when we're held accountable for our actions.

So pointing to a couple youtube videos is not helping your case at all.
And yet you keep insulting me for having faith in the good of people.

User avatar
Shaddy
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 882
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Shaddy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:15 am

Anyone who has insulted you has done so because you're constantly denying reality under the guise of feelings, and condescending to them, which is, really, a form of insulting them, in the process. Nobody is obligated (or inclined) to act like your frame of mind is equal to theirs. There is no rule that states that such things are true, there is only the sentiment that to deny it is "rude", an idea that Vic stans have never held themselves to and that you are in no place to invoke.
Last edited by Shaddy on Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

kemuri07
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 411
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:09 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by kemuri07 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:16 am

Mooreish wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:12 am
kemuri07 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:08 am
Mooreish. I don't think you understand the fact that people tend to have a public and private persona. Meaning that how a person acts in a public setting is not necessarily the way they act all the time. Vic Mignogna is an actor. Vic Mignogna is experienced in working a crowd and dealing with the public. I'm not saying that Mignogna is some evil sociopath who deliberately hides behind a false persona. What I am saying is that even people who are considered "chill and kind" can do some bad stuff. Because we're human. And how we get better is when we're held accountable for our actions.

So pointing to a couple youtube videos is not helping your case at all.
And yet you keep insulting me for having faith in the good of people.
No I keep insulting you because you keep on engaging in bad faith arguments and trying to martyr yourself for being a contrarian.

faith in the good of people? Please. You're not doing God's work for defending Vic, dude.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:47 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mooreish » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:19 am

Shaddy wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:11 am
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:48 am
Despite despising Vic for what he did, I did like that Mooreish gave a more human and likeable plea for his side...Until I saw his posts and they are almost ALL from this thread! Something you arent sharing with us Mooreish? I think its pretty suspicious that you seem to be here only for this thread.
Let's not get out the black helicopters and kool-aid for that one. The problem is that that post takes only the perspective of Vic and his side (most notably, Vic in public, the way he wants to be seen), and is entirely based on the idea that he's innocent "because I feel like it". It doesn't take into account where the allegations are coming from, how long they've been going on, the sheer fucking mass of them, who is and isn't supporting them, the statistics and trends of how false accusations happen, what they entail, who makes them, the percent of total allegations they make up, how many sexual assaults go unreported, and why that is. If you educate yourself at all on the background of this stuff, looking past the social media drama and "well this Vic supporter said this so that means it's all wrong", and take just a second to get a more complete picture rather than just being motivated by either "well I like Vic" or "well all men are innocent obviously", you'll see that the answer to this is more than obvious.

Vic being innocent is a conspiracy theory. It's functionally impossible by any measure of human behavior and caters to a fake idea of scheming, evil women that just want to take down the white christian men at all costs!!!1!!!!11!!! I'm not 100% certain as it's hard to find statistics of this, but I'm reasonably certain that would have to be the biggest and longest-standing case of false allegations against a single individual in human history, by a wide margin. It's a fantasy to put people in boxes so they don't have to take what they're being told seriously, or to internally protect someone they idolize for (almost always irrational) reasons. The fact that this guy is literally stating that basically all he's done is submerge himself in pro-Vic stuff and only looked into Vic is pretty outstanding confirmation of this.
Mooreish wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:00 am
kemuri07 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:58 am


Well...you said it not me.
And there it is.
Yeah. Because when you say something racist, people call you racist. The 'jokes' you made, regardless of the obvious and blatant minimization and rationalization you're pulling here, were racist. Similarly, people are calling you apologetic of sexual assault right now, because you are defending someone who sexually assaulted women. Funny how that works, the cause and effect of your actions being linked and all that? weird.

Now am I calling you a racist and sexual assault apologist? No. I don't know you, I can't be certain of that. But things you have said are racist and apologetic of sexual assault. If you don't want to be labeled as those things, stop saying them. And as usual, do your fucking research. You have admitted several times now and seem to actively hold pride in your unwillingness to even look up things that could benefit the other side, choosing only to judge based on the behavior of us detractors rather than what anyone actually believes.
Why do you always have such a bad attitude when talking about this stuff man? You have so much faith in your belief that Vic is an awful human being how can you just blow off the idea that people could have faith in their belief that he isn’t that bad of a guy? It’s like you’re eager to believe that he’s horrible. That and the fact that this year has had a track record with people being accused of thing ending up not being true.


Also you’ve been the biggest insulter.


Also kemuri, I don’t have to be a martyr. I’m not doing “gods work”. I just legit believe people write people off too quickly nowadays and it’s getting too frequent.

User avatar
miguelnuva1
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1715
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:24 am

You know who else was a good guy in public, Bill Cosby. You want another one, I personally think he's innocent but Michael Jackson was also nice in public.

Vic has way too many accusers to be 100% innocent. It's near 100 now isnt it?

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:47 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mooreish » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:29 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:24 am
You know who else was a good guy in public, Bill Cosby. You want another one, I personally think he's innocent but Michael Jackson was also nice in public.

Vic has way too many accusers to be 100% innocent. It's near 100 now isnt it?
Mj is innocent, and he had a lot of accusers too I believe.


Also Vic has already apologized for the unasked for hugs and cheek kisses. That’s probably the only factually thing thats been done legitimately by him. And to be honest it’s not as bad as the other stuff he’s been accused of.

User avatar
Shaddy
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 882
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Shaddy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:32 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:24 am
You know who else was a good guy in public, Bill Cosby. You want another one, I personally think he's innocent but Michael Jackson was also nice in public.

Vic has way too many accusers to be 100% innocent. It's near 100 now isnt it?
If you go by who has come out just in the wake of kickvic, it's probably close. If you count everyone on the internet in the last decade and a half plus, it's well over that.

Vic is kind of like a 1/1000th-scale version of the Michael Jackson controversy, there was quite a long discussion with a ton of sources listed as to how he was almost certainly a pedophile, and most likely did molest children.
Mooreish wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:19 am
Why do you always have such a bad attitude when talking about this stuff man?
I don't, really. You may notice that the people saying "I hope this isn't true" or "wow this is surprising" got no flak from me. Even several of the Vic stans who aren't you have been respectful enough that I didn't bother.
Mooreish wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:19 am
You have so much faith in your belief that Vic is an awful human being how can you just blow off the idea that people could have faith in their belief that he isn’t that bad of a guy?
Because my beliefs are not working off of "faith". It's evidence. We have evidence that this man's behavior has made tons and tons and tons of people uncomfortable. It's been reported, he's publicly apologized for it more than once, he's acknowledged it, and nothing's changed. We have photos of it, we have the people in said photos giving their word to what happened. It's what he's been banned from cons for, it's what he got fired for. You spout the "we just don't have all the facts" narrative constantly because you think that if he can't be proven guilty in a court then that means he's 100% innocent, even though that's not how people work, or even how courts work.
Mooreish wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:19 am
That and the fact that this year has had a track record with people being accused of thing ending up not being true.
It really hasn't. You yourself listed examples that you think were fake, or have cherrypicked ones that are, while ignoring that some of what you listed is either entirely unconfirmed or outright has compounding evidence against you, and most importantly, acting like no real cases ever happened, to push this fake SJW boogeyman narrative that you people always fucking push.
Mooreish wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:19 am
Also you’ve been the biggest insulter.
You act like that's some scar on my reputation. I insulted a person for defending the dude in a pretty fucking obvious case of being fired for sexual harassment. God what a monster I must be.
Last edited by Shaddy on Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

Son Dragon
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:39 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Son Dragon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:34 am

Wanted to talk about this for a second but technically I do think Vic mignogna's general interaction and personality is something someone could argue in court case actually. Each of those video interaction are both evidence for and against the information out there. I wouldn't underestimate it too much although at the same I wouldn't overestinate it either.

kemuri07
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 411
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:09 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by kemuri07 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:34 am

Mooreish wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:19 am
Shaddy wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:11 am
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:48 am
Despite despising Vic for what he did, I did like that Mooreish gave a more human and likeable plea for his side...Until I saw his posts and they are almost ALL from this thread! Something you arent sharing with us Mooreish? I think its pretty suspicious that you seem to be here only for this thread.
Let's not get out the black helicopters and kool-aid for that one. The problem is that that post takes only the perspective of Vic and his side (most notably, Vic in public, the way he wants to be seen), and is entirely based on the idea that he's innocent "because I feel like it". It doesn't take into account where the allegations are coming from, how long they've been going on, the sheer fucking mass of them, who is and isn't supporting them, the statistics and trends of how false accusations happen, what they entail, who makes them, the percent of total allegations they make up, how many sexual assaults go unreported, and why that is. If you educate yourself at all on the background of this stuff, looking past the social media drama and "well this Vic supporter said this so that means it's all wrong", and take just a second to get a more complete picture rather than just being motivated by either "well I like Vic" or "well all men are innocent obviously", you'll see that the answer to this is more than obvious.

Vic being innocent is a conspiracy theory. It's functionally impossible by any measure of human behavior and caters to a fake idea of scheming, evil women that just want to take down the white christian men at all costs!!!1!!!!11!!! I'm not 100% certain as it's hard to find statistics of this, but I'm reasonably certain that would have to be the biggest and longest-standing case of false allegations against a single individual in human history, by a wide margin. It's a fantasy to put people in boxes so they don't have to take what they're being told seriously, or to internally protect someone they idolize for (almost always irrational) reasons. The fact that this guy is literally stating that basically all he's done is submerge himself in pro-Vic stuff and only looked into Vic is pretty outstanding confirmation of this.
Mooreish wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:00 am


And there it is.
Yeah. Because when you say something racist, people call you racist. The 'jokes' you made, regardless of the obvious and blatant minimization and rationalization you're pulling here, were racist. Similarly, people are calling you apologetic of sexual assault right now, because you are defending someone who sexually assaulted women. Funny how that works, the cause and effect of your actions being linked and all that? weird.

Now am I calling you a racist and sexual assault apologist? No. I don't know you, I can't be certain of that. But things you have said are racist and apologetic of sexual assault. If you don't want to be labeled as those things, stop saying them. And as usual, do your fucking research. You have admitted several times now and seem to actively hold pride in your unwillingness to even look up things that could benefit the other side, choosing only to judge based on the behavior of us detractors rather than what anyone actually believes.
Why do you always have such a bad attitude when talking about this stuff man? You have so much faith in your belief that Vic is an awful human being how can you just blow off the idea that people could have faith in their belief that he isn’t that bad of a guy? It’s like you’re eager to believe that he’s horrible. That and the fact that this year has had a track record with people being accused of thing ending up not being true.


Also you’ve been the biggest insulter.


Also kemuri, I don’t have to be a martyr. I’m not doing “gods work”. I just legit believe people write people off too quickly nowadays and it’s getting too frequent.
See. this is why I don't like you. Because you keep doing this thing where you're trying to position your defense of Vic as some sort moral code. That you can't help but back him because you see the good in humaaaanity. So you must be a good person because everyone's being mean and ganging. up on him, and you're the good boy helping him out.



Funny how that empathy doesn't seem to extend to any of the victims. (Probably because they don't have penises).

User avatar
Shaddy
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 882
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Shaddy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:36 am

kemuri07 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:34 am
Funny how that empathy doesn't seem to extend to any of the victims. (Probably because they don't have penises).
Again, let's maybe stick away from this a little bit. Sexism is inarguably at the heart of a lot of Vic defense but it's not inherent. A lot of them are just gullible and want to believe anime screech man is innocent because they like his voice.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:47 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mooreish » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:37 am

kemuri07 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:34 am
Mooreish wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:19 am
Shaddy wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:11 am


Let's not get out the black helicopters and kool-aid for that one. The problem is that that post takes only the perspective of Vic and his side (most notably, Vic in public, the way he wants to be seen), and is entirely based on the idea that he's innocent "because I feel like it". It doesn't take into account where the allegations are coming from, how long they've been going on, the sheer fucking mass of them, who is and isn't supporting them, the statistics and trends of how false accusations happen, what they entail, who makes them, the percent of total allegations they make up, how many sexual assaults go unreported, and why that is. If you educate yourself at all on the background of this stuff, looking past the social media drama and "well this Vic supporter said this so that means it's all wrong", and take just a second to get a more complete picture rather than just being motivated by either "well I like Vic" or "well all men are innocent obviously", you'll see that the answer to this is more than obvious.

Vic being innocent is a conspiracy theory. It's functionally impossible by any measure of human behavior and caters to a fake idea of scheming, evil women that just want to take down the white christian men at all costs!!!1!!!!11!!! I'm not 100% certain as it's hard to find statistics of this, but I'm reasonably certain that would have to be the biggest and longest-standing case of false allegations against a single individual in human history, by a wide margin. It's a fantasy to put people in boxes so they don't have to take what they're being told seriously, or to internally protect someone they idolize for (almost always irrational) reasons. The fact that this guy is literally stating that basically all he's done is submerge himself in pro-Vic stuff and only looked into Vic is pretty outstanding confirmation of this.



Yeah. Because when you say something racist, people call you racist. The 'jokes' you made, regardless of the obvious and blatant minimization and rationalization you're pulling here, were racist. Similarly, people are calling you apologetic of sexual assault right now, because you are defending someone who sexually assaulted women. Funny how that works, the cause and effect of your actions being linked and all that? weird.

Now am I calling you a racist and sexual assault apologist? No. I don't know you, I can't be certain of that. But things you have said are racist and apologetic of sexual assault. If you don't want to be labeled as those things, stop saying them. And as usual, do your fucking research. You have admitted several times now and seem to actively hold pride in your unwillingness to even look up things that could benefit the other side, choosing only to judge based on the behavior of us detractors rather than what anyone actually believes.
Why do you always have such a bad attitude when talking about this stuff man? You have so much faith in your belief that Vic is an awful human being how can you just blow off the idea that people could have faith in their belief that he isn’t that bad of a guy? It’s like you’re eager to believe that he’s horrible. That and the fact that this year has had a track record with people being accused of thing ending up not being true.


Also you’ve been the biggest insulter.


Also kemuri, I don’t have to be a martyr. I’m not doing “gods work”. I just legit believe people write people off too quickly nowadays and it’s getting too frequent.
See. this is why I don't like you. Because you keep doing this thing where you're trying to position your defense of Vic as some sort moral code. That you can't help but back him because you see the good in humaaaanity. So you must be a good person because everyone's being mean and ganging. up on him, and you're the good boy helping him out.



Funny how that empathy doesn't seem to extend to any of the victims. (Probably because they don't have penises).
Actually no it’s just the pattern, this is just gonna be the next one in that pattern.covington, Jessie smollett, Michael Jackson, Johnny Depp, it’s just logical to assume that this is just gonna be like the rest of them.


It just makes sense.

kemuri07
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 411
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:09 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by kemuri07 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:42 am

Shaddy wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:36 am
kemuri07 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:34 am
Funny how that empathy doesn't seem to extend to any of the victims. (Probably because they don't have penises).
Again, let's maybe stick away from this a little bit. Sexism is inarguably at the heart of a lot of Vic defense but it's not inherent. A lot of them are just gullible and want to believe anime screech man is innocent because they like his voice.
I think it's valid. And I think the knee-jerk defense of Vic very much is inherently sexist. Because the reasoning behind is very much being positioned as another mark in the culture wars between The SJWS and the Alt-right.

WE GOTTA DEFEND VIC OR THE FEMINIST WILL WIN!!

You're not wrong....a lot of Vic's defenders are dumb fucking kids who haven't given enough thought to this beyond "THEY'RE ATTACKING MUH ANIME!!" but I don't think that really lets them off the hook considering the sentiments being shared and how much time is being spent crafting this narrative that Vic's accusers are all liars trying to get that DRAGON BALL MONEY.

kemuri07
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 411
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:09 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by kemuri07 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:42 am

Mooreish wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:37 am
kemuri07 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:34 am
Mooreish wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:19 am


Why do you always have such a bad attitude when talking about this stuff man? You have so much faith in your belief that Vic is an awful human being how can you just blow off the idea that people could have faith in their belief that he isn’t that bad of a guy? It’s like you’re eager to believe that he’s horrible. That and the fact that this year has had a track record with people being accused of thing ending up not being true.


Also you’ve been the biggest insulter.


Also kemuri, I don’t have to be a martyr. I’m not doing “gods work”. I just legit believe people write people off too quickly nowadays and it’s getting too frequent.
See. this is why I don't like you. Because you keep doing this thing where you're trying to position your defense of Vic as some sort moral code. That you can't help but back him because you see the good in humaaaanity. So you must be a good person because everyone's being mean and ganging. up on him, and you're the good boy helping him out.



Funny how that empathy doesn't seem to extend to any of the victims. (Probably because they don't have penises).
Actually no it’s just the pattern, this is just gonna be the next one in that pattern.covington, Jessie smollett, Michael Jackson, Johnny Depp, it’s just logical to assume that this is just gonna be like the rest of them.


It just makes sense.
Oh yeah...this one is following the Alt-right rule book to a T.

User avatar
Shaddy
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 882
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Shaddy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:47 am

kemuri07 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:42 am
I think it's valid. And I think the knee-jerk defense of Vic very much is inherently sexist. Because the reasoning behind is very much being positioned as another mark in the culture wars between The SJWS and the Alt-right.

WE GOTTA DEFEND VIC OR THE FEMINIST WILL WIN!!

You're not wrong....a lot of Vic's defenders are dumb fucking kids who haven't given enough thought to this beyond "THEY'RE ATTACKING MUH ANIME!!" but I don't think that really lets them off the hook considering the sentiments being shared and how much time is being spent crafting this narrative that Vic's accusers are all liars trying to get that DRAGON BALL MONEY.
You're not wrong. It's similar to Gamergate, where at it's core most of the opposition is horrible, harassing misogynists trying to keep women from exposing any man for anything, but they wear masks to get people that are either stupid or just don't have the full story to pack in around them and get it branded as some kind of legitimate movement that deserves respect or something. Thankfully these people are really bad at that.

But mooreish is probably somewhere inbetween the former and latter, obviously coming in with some weird conspiracy baggage with all of these fabricated ideas like this """pattern""" he's just posted. Acting as if those are the only allegations against any famous person in the last year, and therefore they're all fake. Nevermind that about half of them are questionable or outright true, or else found out almost immediately or with completely different contexts and conditions to this. It's entirely emotion-motivated argument with no logic to back it up.
Last edited by Shaddy on Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:47 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mooreish » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:47 am

kemuri07 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:42 am
Mooreish wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:37 am
kemuri07 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:34 am

See. this is why I don't like you. Because you keep doing this thing where you're trying to position your defense of Vic as some sort moral code. That you can't help but back him because you see the good in humaaaanity. So you must be a good person because everyone's being mean and ganging. up on him, and you're the good boy helping him out.



Funny how that empathy doesn't seem to extend to any of the victims. (Probably because they don't have penises).
Actually no it’s just the pattern, this is just gonna be the next one in that pattern.covington, Jessie smollett, Michael Jackson, Johnny Depp, it’s just logical to assume that this is just gonna be like the rest of them.


It just makes sense.
Oh yeah...this one is following the Alt-right rule book to a T.
...what in the actual *u** are you talking about?

User avatar
Shaddy
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 882
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Shaddy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:51 am

Your rhetoric and mindset somewhat resemble those of the hate group calling themselves the "Alt-right". I think that's jumping to conclusions, but you have expressed sentiments with no shortage of ideas they would very happily agree with. I'm surprised you're not familiar with these people or their terminology.

Actually, the phrase "alt-right playbook" brings to mind a familiar youtube series that would do a great job getting you educated on the subject.

Also, who the hell censors the word "fuck" like that?
Last edited by Shaddy on Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:47 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mooreish » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:53 am

Shaddy wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:51 am
Your rhetoric and mindset somewhat resemble those of the hate group calling themselves "the Alt-right". I think that's jumping to conclusions, but you have expressed sentiments with no shortage of ideas they would very happily agree with.

Also, who the hell censors the word "fuck" like that?
Eh everybody usually censors vowels, I like doing consonants. Besides, what about the children?

Paulo Gabriel
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 3:28 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:54 am

Shaddy wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:33 am
You mean where one person said "9/11 was a good thing", everyone told him he was crazy, and he got banned? That seems like a pretty reasonable reaction to a stupid statement.
Stupid or crazy? I suspect it's the second.

User avatar
Shaddy
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 882
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Shaddy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:58 am

Mooreish wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:53 am
Eh everybody usually censors vowels, I like doing consonants. Besides, what about the children?
Swear words are a meaningless social construct that most of western society has done well to give less and less of a shit about over the past few years. If children are in danger of anything on this forum, it's learning that as long as you're not obviously rude and name-calling, it's okay to defend a known creep whose misbehavior has been an open secret for over fifteen years.
Paulo Gabriel wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:54 am
Stupid or crazy? I suspect it's the second.
It can be two things.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

User avatar
JazzMazz
I Live Here
Posts: 2184
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:28 am
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:05 am

I always find arguments around having faith in people coming from the #IstandwithVic people, kind of distasteful personally. I just find it a little absurd that people would, to uphold the idea that one man is good natured, basically condemn the character of the dozens of people who have victim stories around Vic, but also the character of people who witnessed that bad behaviour like con staff, or people who told their story. For Vic to be completely innocent as people claim, not just a few people who came out need to have questionable or be of bad character, but every single one of them.

To me at least, its pretty easy to see what conclusion in this case is more logical, and which conclusion is more absurd. The fact that some IStandWithVic supporters use that sort of line of reasoning, kind of bothers me, because it completely undermines their supposed "moral high ground".

Post Reply