The Dark Secrets of the Arabic dub

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Khalid Shahin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:57 am
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Post by Khalid Shahin » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:57 pm

Sorry. I couldn't help myself to not ask. Anyways back to Dragon Ball.

When I saw their Dragon Ball when I was there it seemed like their editing was done with a pair of scissors and tape since it would seem like the general area of what they were censoring was gone. I could've sworn one episode was 10 minutes long because of this.

User avatar
Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here
Posts: 3393
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:21 am
Location: QLD, Australia
Contact:

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:35 pm

You know, it gets to the point where it goes from horrible to just plain impressive that they can be stuffed making so many pointless changes.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

FPSSJ4_Goku
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:33 pm

Re:

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:47 pm

Herms wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:12 pm
So was there ever an Arabic dub of GT? How would they handle the whole Golden Oozaru into SSJ4 thing, if Oozaru are just creatures Saiyans summon from nowhere?
There was neevr an Arabic dub of GT made due to low popularity in Japan and most countries, according to the Dragon Ball Wiki.

User avatar
MasenkoHA
I Live Here
Posts: 2691
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Re:

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:36 pm

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:47 pm
Herms wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:12 pm
So was there ever an Arabic dub of GT? How would they handle the whole Golden Oozaru into SSJ4 thing, if Oozaru are just creatures Saiyans summon from nowhere?
There was neevr an Arabic dub of GT made due to low popularity in Japan and most countries, according to the Dragon Ball Wiki.

I wouldn’t take anything that dumpster fire of a site says to heart

FPSSJ4_Goku
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:33 pm

Re: Re:

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:21 pm

MasenkoHA wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:36 pm
FPSSJ4_Goku wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:47 pm
Herms wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:12 pm
So was there ever an Arabic dub of GT? How would they handle the whole Golden Oozaru into SSJ4 thing, if Oozaru are just creatures Saiyans summon from nowhere?
There was neevr an Arabic dub of GT made due to low popularity in Japan and most countries, according to the Dragon Ball Wiki.

I wouldn’t take anything that dumpster fire of a site says to heart
You really don't need to shit on the DBZ wiki that much, man

FPSSJ4_Goku
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:33 pm

Re: The Dark Secrets of the Arabic dub

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:37 pm

So a dub of Super is currently being made for Arabian audiences. And HOLY SHIT, the opening rules!

here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqim6i81pmw

Dragun Bol!

User avatar
mute_proxy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1168
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Planet 4032-877

Re: The Dark Secrets of the Arabic dub

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:16 am

Reviving ancient threads for no reason is a no no.

User avatar
Robo4900
I Live Here
Posts: 3943
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:24 pm
Location: In another time and place...

Re: Re:

Post by Robo4900 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:14 pm

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:21 pm
MasenkoHA wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:36 pm
FPSSJ4_Goku wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:47 pm

There was neevr an Arabic dub of GT made due to low popularity in Japan and most countries, according to the Dragon Ball Wiki.

I wouldn’t take anything that dumpster fire of a site says to heart
You really don't need to shit on the DBZ wiki that much, man
TBH, we don't shit on it enough.

The Fandom Dragon Ball Wiki (formerly known as Wikia) is completely and totally loaded with unsourced nonsense. If you read a piece of information on there that you can't find a reputable other source for, then you can be fairly sure it's completely wrong. Do not use it, ever.
Dragon Ball is a goofy kids cartoon from a long time ago. You take it too seriously at your own peril.
Debate the plot, characters, adaptations, dubs, etc., criticise the home video, but never lose sight of the fact that it's all just entertainment. You're supposed to enjoy it. If you're not enjoying it, just walk away.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:33 pm

Re: The Dark Secrets of the Arabic dub

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:06 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:16 am
Reviving ancient threads for no reason is a no no.
Are you sure? People do it all the time

And I don't think you're in any position to say what we can and can't do in this thread

FPSSJ4_Goku
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:33 pm

Re: The Dark Secrets of the Arabic dub

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:09 pm

Do u guys like the opening of the DBS Arabic dub or no? Also they only made all those changes because it conflicts with religion and they didn't want kids seeing nudity before the age of 18, or whatever the age of consent is in Egypt (where the DBZ Arabic dub first aired).

User avatar
SuperSaiyaManZ94
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:01 pm
Location: Alabama, USA

Re: The Dark Secrets of the Arabic dub

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:40 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:16 am
Reviving ancient threads for no reason is a no no.
No reason??? I believe the site rules and admins say that bumping threads with posts that don't contribute anything of note to the topic is frowned upon. However, if the posts by members actually have relevant points and add to the discussion in some way then i really don't see why that would be considered a "no no" as you say. Even if this thread is indeed over a decade old i doubt that the age would be a factor there.

Also, the Dragon Ball Wiki is indeed a cesspool of inaccurate information up the wazoo and i definitely wouldn't consult it as a resource like i do on this forum (or Kanzenshuu as a whole by extension) when looking up something about the series like trivia or the like. I've been on there a lot of times and seen so many completely wrong bits of info that was clearly not double checked or properly sourced by whoever posted them.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Locked