How can I meet a woman who likes Dragon Ball?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

How can I meet a woman who likes Dragon Ball?

Post by Peach » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:32 pm

29 year old male here and a College graduate with a master's degree. I like to think of myself as a pretty down to earth guy. Friendly, non-judgemental.

Unfortunately, i haven't really dated in a few years.

Was wondering how i can meet a woman who likes Dragon Ball? Or i guess, anime or nerd shit. Really just want to get to know someone who shares my interests or is willing to show an interest in stuff i like.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Re: How can I meet a woman who likes Dragon Ball?

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:38 pm

Take some cool pictures and download a dating app.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:51 pm

I'm a woman who likes Dragon Ball dating a woman who likes Dragon Ball and even I don't know how to find a girlfriend who likes Dragon Ball.

My advice is to not looking for a girlfriend who likes Dragon Ball. Look for a partner who has the qualities of character you like in a person and go from there. If there is a pre-established like for Dragon Ball then work from there. If they are not familiar with Dragon Ball and are open to checking it out work from there. If they don't have an interest in it don't force the issue, it's just one interest and hobby.

I suggest just socializing in general and building a platonic bond first. If dating apps are your thing then try those, too. I met my girlfriend on a message board when I was a wee little girl. We were friends, then enemies, then friends and now gay-ass bitches who talk on the phone 2-4 hours a week. 😆

Nothing turns a woman on more than a man who isn't pushy, listens to her concerns and thoughts and has a personality outside of their hobbies. Don't just expect to go into a relationship without being willing to do some work on yourself, too.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:02 pm

Most women tend not to watch shonen anime unless they grew up with it when they were kids. There are of course a lot of female Dragon Ball fans out there, but I would imagine the vast majority of fans are male.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:09 pm

I'd personally watch some shoujo and jousei. Hell, read books by women--fiction and non-fiction--and learn about our experiences. Just don't be a manipulative asshole. Sincerely emphasize.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Goku da Silva

Post by Goku da Silva » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:48 pm

Peach wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:32 pm 29 year old male here and a College graduate with a master's degree. I like to think of myself as a pretty down to earth guy. Friendly, non-judgemental.

Was wondering how i can meet a woman who likes Dragon Ball? Or i guess, anime or nerd shit. Really just want to get to know someone who shares my interests or is willing to show an interest in stuff i like.
Forget it mate, DB is an old school anime (mostly for boys) from the time when being a nerd/otaku wasn't "cool" like it is today. I know from experience, i'm 30 and grew up with Dragon Ball.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:55 pm

Get some hobbies like martial arts or bodybuilding...drawing even. You'll get some real baddies with that 'Dragon Ball' swagger. :thumbup:

Have the Goku mindset.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:04 am

Goku da Silva wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:48 pm
Peach wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:32 pm 29 year old male here and a College graduate with a master's degree. I like to think of myself as a pretty down to earth guy. Friendly, non-judgemental.

Forget it mate, DB is an old school anime (mostly for boys) from the time when being a nerd/otaku wasn't "cool" like it is today. I know from experience, i'm 30 and grew up with Dragon Ball.
Fandom has been pioneered and built by woman. We're the progenitors of organized fandom and forums for discussion. This naturally does spill over into Dragon Ball.

Female Dragon Ball fans do exist it's just that like in many fandoms we have to carve out separate spaces because toxic men make us feel unwelcomed and uncomfortable.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:18 am

From what I can tell most female fans these days are into "newer" shonen anime like Naruto, My Hero Academia etc. than Dragon Ball. Besides that I'd recommend getting into Sailor Moon as that has a ton of female fans in the west, you can look at the Sailor Moon reddit and fansites for that.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:20 am

Tinder.

Met a woman on there that just so happened to like Anime more than me. Married her? Damn straight.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:39 am

Right here. :wink:
:P
No, but you can go join some anime-based social media stuff, I guess, like a Discord server or a Facebook group or something like that, or you can directly try a dating app and look for people who share your interests. After a while you'll probably get a connection with someone. Basically, just put yourself out there, be outgoing, go searching. There really are plenty of fish in the sea, you just have to use the right fishing pole in the right part of the ocean.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:34 am

Once the pandemic is over, you can try going to a convention.

Personally I dislike going to nerd gatherings for other reasons, but if you're looking to meet someone whose interest is nerd stuff that's probably your best bet.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:00 am

I think it’s less about finding someone who loves DB and would be more about finding someone who you can connect to in other ways. There are tons of people out there that like DB, unless you happen to find Terez 2.0 you probably won’t get far, which is fine. I personally think you shouldn’t be looking for that specifically in someone, it will make it incredibly difficult to find. But finding someone who likes anime in general is easier. Be yourself, download an app, meet people, communicate 👍

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:03 am

Surprisingly or not so surprisingly depending on your POV, there are many women who are into Dragon Ball. DB is a remarkably popular franchise worldwide. Since you're not much younger than myself, I know for sure our age group is one that was heavily influenced by DB. The other thing is most people have only engaged on a surface level with the show, so you'll likely easily find someone who knows the characters and big moments, but the chances of having a discussion like we have here on the forums probably aren't that high. But that's a start at least.

I think it's best to just focus on finding someone who genuinely cares about you and someone you genuinely care about, basically someone you want to see everyday. If they aren't into DB then it probably shouldn't be a deal breaker. JulieYBM and goku is a krump dancer gave some fantastic advice. What I'd add to what they said, is you can put your passions and love of anime/DBZ in your dating bio. You can always ask your date if they are into Dragon Ball or anime in general as a point of conversation and common interest. There's a ton of women into anime or other nerd shit and even more who like the art and cosplay from various shows.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:03 am

While I know you mean well OP, the best advice anyone can give on this is to focus on meeting someone loyal, loving and caring, and then focus on what they like, etc.

You could have a girlfriend who is really into Dragon Ball, but mightn't be with you for the right reasons, which wouldn't be good either. It may be better to go on a few dates with girls you meet from different places and different means, some will work out, others won't but then at least you know whether to take it further before getting to know what they are interested in.

By meeting several girls you can get to know them to see if they tick all the boxes for personality, and then if you feel things are going smooth, and it feels like someone you could have a loving relationship with ask them if they like Dragon Ball. If not, there would be no harm in recommending it and watching it with them, especially if you meet a girl into other anime and nerdy stuff who may be willing to give it a chance.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:51 am

You could say in your big you're into "Dragon Ball and chill." :lol:
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:53 am

Just find a girl you click with period. Superficial TV interests are immaterial.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:04 pm

I think shooting for a girl who likes anime in general is probably a safer bet than shooting for someone who likes a specific show. As much as I would love to use Lawrence's lines from Spice & Wolf on my prospective girlfriend - namely "I believe your charms may be too powerful", and "ARE YOU POSSESSED BY THE DEVIL?!??!?" - I'd be willing to sit down for an episode or two of Seven Deadly Sins. :P
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:43 pm

jjgp1112 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:53 am Just find a girl you click with period. Superficial TV interests are immaterial.
Yeah I was gonna say this yesterday but didnt want to come across as trolling. Either way there's more to life than just media.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:04 pm

Alruneia wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:39 am Right here. :wink:
:P
No, but you can go join some anime-based social media stuff, I guess, like a Discord server or a Facebook group or something like that, or you can directly try a dating app and look for people who share your interests. After a while you'll probably get a connection with someone. Basically, just put yourself out there, be outgoing, go searching. There really are plenty of fish in the sea, you just have to use the right fishing pole in the right part of the ocean.
Discord seems interesting for making friends. I'm just not sure about dating though, because long distance dating is a bit challenging. Facebook might be easier.
Cursed Lemon wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:04 pm I think shooting for a girl who likes anime in general is probably a safer bet than shooting for someone who likes a specific show. As much as I would love to use Lawrence's lines from Spice & Wolf on my prospective girlfriend - namely "I believe your charms may be too powerful", and "ARE YOU POSSESSED BY THE DEVIL?!??!?" - I'd be willing to sit down for an episode or two of Seven Deadly Sins. :P
Yeah. It might be easier to find someone who just likes anime, or nerd stuff in general.

I saw a Great Saiyaman-Great Saiyawoman couples cosplay before at a convention. It was the sweetest thing.