Why haven't we seen female Namekians?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Re: Why haven't we seen female Namekians?

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:02 pm

Jord wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:30 am
Are you sure? Not calling you a liar but that would be strange considering we did get female aliens in the show like the bug queen, Princess Snake, Zangya etc. (I know those are filler) so it would be weird to not have any female aliens in the manga itself.
I’m pretty sure there are no female characters with non-human or alien designs in the manga. As you said, those characters you mentioned were Toei creations.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:42 pm

I said it before, but while it might be possible to have a more feminine looking and acting Namekian, a true "female" Namekian wouldn't be possible (without a wish from the Dragon or some other plot device).
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Yuli Ban
Regular

Post by Yuli Ban » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:29 pm

Huh.... Just thought of something out of that ^

What if Namekians are the way they are from abusing the Dragon Balls in the past? Maybe they were once very humanlike, but a series of crises forced them to seek magical solutions. Fertility crisis? Wish to become asexual. Scarce food? Wish to be able to only drink water to survive. Severe racism? Wish to all become green. And so on and so forth. And the cataclysm that forced Kamiccolo or whatever his name once was to flee to Earth was actually the consequences of abusing the Dragon Balls.

Just a fun thought.
The Yabanverse
Stories about Legally-Not-Saiyajins and those they interact with

Skar
Advanced Regular

Post by Skar » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:28 am

King Piccolo was the first Namekian introduced in the story and reproduced asexually so maybe Toriyama thought he had to make their entire race male. The Kais and Kaioshin are born from a fruit and genderless but also appear male (at least the ones drawn by Toriyama). Not sure about the Angels since there are both male and female Angels and they have a father so maybe we'll see a Grand Priestess one day.