Dragon Ball Super Gets Cancelled Overseas Over Sexual Harassment Claims

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
PurestEvil
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1103
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:34 pm
Location: Constantinopolee!

Re: Dragon Ball Super Gets Cancelled Overseas Over Sexual Harassment Claims

Post by PurestEvil » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:42 pm

Cipher wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:46 pm
Being more comfortable with nudity is part of Japanese culture? Hey, yeah, sure! Make that argument all day long. Being more comfortable with making light of sexual harassments is part of Japanese culture? Eeeeeergh, yeah, I don't know; you might want to talk to some of the people negatively affected by it.
Yeah, there’s a reason why there are rapid transit trains with cars exclusively for women in Japan...
This post was brought to you by 魔族

kemuri07
Regular
Posts: 693
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:09 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super Gets Cancelled Overseas Over Sexual Harassment Claims

Post by kemuri07 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:00 pm

Duo wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:22 am
MasenkoHA wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:39 pm

Sexual assault is normalized and minimalized all the time.


This. Isn’t. Hard.
This honestly does not apply to my life experience. Every workplace I've been in, along with most social situations....do not condone that type of behavior. I feel bad for folks who have to deal with it, but it's probably not as prolific as certain parties tend to claim.

My point is that a 1980's gag manga is going to do it's thing. There's no point in dwelling on it, and it's certainly not helpful to focus on perverted jokes made 30 years ago. Cancel culture can move the fuck on.
Dude. Seriously? Let me put it this way. Just because you don't see people literally starving on the streets does not mean that starvation is not an issue in the modern day world. To say that "because I don't see it, then it's not happening (or as frequently) is so misguided and is endemic of a lot of the issues here: I don t see it there for it can't exist (see no evil. speak no evil. hear no evil.)

Except the large amounts of testimony and actions of the #MeToo movement would beg to differ. Christ are you living under a rock and not hearing what the hell is going on with Blizzard-Activision in which they are being sued by the state of California for providing a toxic and harmful workplace that in one scenario led to a woman's suicide. The problem is is that your argument would only make sense if you were capable of providing an infallible perspective, which of course you can't because all people have blindsights. Because a lot of cases of sexual assault is not of the "beat a woman on the head and drag her into a dark corner" variety. A lot of it is power dynamics: people using their statuses and power to gain favors from people who are vulnerable. And that includes both men and women. This is why these stories tend to come up nearly years later after the fact. Fear of reprisals, loss of job, or worse keep people silent. So just because you don't see it doesn't mean there isn't a problem.

People who whine about cancel culture are really whining about being held accountable of their actions. No longer can you skate through life doing the bare minimum, and that's what pisses people off--because now you have to show that you're a decent person, that you don't get the benefit of the doubt.

User avatar
Miracles
I Live Here
Posts: 3391
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:31 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super Gets Cancelled Overseas Over Sexual Harassment Claims

Post by Miracles » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:13 pm

Wow, so we cancel Dragonball in a specific region because Roshi admits he is a pervert. Demonstrating that this is wrong, even takes steps further to overcome this perversion.

I wonder if perverts like Cardi B and Stallion's WAP also got canceled in that region too. Along with a bunch of other filthy mainstream music kids listen to as well.

User avatar
MasenkoHA
I Live Here
Posts: 4172
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Gets Cancelled Overseas Over Sexual Harassment Claims

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:11 pm

Miracles wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:13 pm
Wow, so we cancel Dragonball in a specific region because Roshi admits he is a pervert. Demonstrating that this is wrong, even takes steps further to overcome this perversion.

I wonder if perverts like Cardi B and Stallion's WAP also got canceled in that region too. Along with a bunch of other filthy mainstream music kids listen to as well.
Imagine thinking you were making a valid point


Master Roshi, a character in a series intended for kids who touched and grabs at women without their consent, including when they’re knocked out and has to “discipline himself” to not do it to win a tournament, instead of just not doing it. And no he does not demonstrate that it’s wrong. He just identifies it as a liability in a fighting tournament where he might get distracted by sexy women fighters and lose. It had nothing to do with identifying it as morally reprehensible behavior.


And WAP a song that clearly isn’t made for kids that is being sung by a woman enjoying her own sexuality of her own volition. (funny of all the sexually charged songs to exist in music since ever WAP is the one conservatives go after i wONdEr wHy tHaT iS)

You really thought you were making a solid argument like…wow.


Image

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 14706
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Super Gets Cancelled Overseas Over Sexual Harassment Claims

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:02 pm

I can't believe women enjoy control over their sexuality. Who do they think they are, human beings?
She/Her | Want to be a girl? Click here! | What's gender dysphoria, you ask? Click here to find out!

User avatar
Kunzait_83
I Live Here
Posts: 2866
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:19 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Gets Cancelled Overseas Over Sexual Harassment Claims

Post by Kunzait_83 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:13 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:02 pm
I can't believe women enjoy control over their sexuality. Who do they think they are, human beings?
And as Masenko alluded to with the WAP example, the visceral intensity of the revulsion that gets expressed in the conservative mind when its black women who are doing it tends to usually be a billion times worse and more over the top. Women generally who actually enjoy sex on their own terms for them is bad enough: but black women? That's basically an existential horror to these twisted freaks.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

User avatar
Miracles
I Live Here
Posts: 3391
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:31 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super Gets Cancelled Overseas Over Sexual Harassment Claims

Post by Miracles » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:16 pm

MasenkoHA wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:11 pm
Miracles wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:13 pm
Wow, so we cancel Dragonball in a specific region because Roshi admits he is a pervert. Demonstrating that this is wrong, even takes steps further to overcome this perversion.

I wonder if perverts like Cardi B and Stallion's WAP also got canceled in that region too. Along with a bunch of other filthy mainstream music kids listen to as well.
Imagine thinking you were making a valid point


Master Roshi, a character in a series intended for kids who touched and grabs at women without their consent, including when they’re knocked out and has to “discipline himself” to not do it to win a tournament, instead of just not doing it. And no he does not demonstrate that it’s wrong. He just identifies it as a liability in a fighting tournament where he might get distracted by sexy women fighters and lose. It had nothing to do with identifying it as morally reprehensible behavior.


And WAP a song that clearly isn’t made for kids that is being sung by a woman enjoying her own sexuality of her own volition. (funny of all the sexually charged songs to exist in music since ever WAP is the one conservatives go after i wONdEr wHy tHaT iS)

You really thought you were making a solid argument like…wow.


Image
Licentious behavior or expression in the arts is immoral, regardless if one enjoys it or not. Just like Master Roshi's perverted actions. At least the Paur woman, in the DBS episode let kids know it's wrong. Also, master Roshi's weakness is labeled what it is...A perversion.

User avatar
MasenkoHA
I Live Here
Posts: 4172
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Gets Cancelled Overseas Over Sexual Harassment Claims

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:25 pm

Miracles wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:16 pm
MasenkoHA wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:11 pm
Miracles wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:13 pm
Wow, so we cancel Dragonball in a specific region because Roshi admits he is a pervert. Demonstrating that this is wrong, even takes steps further to overcome this perversion.

I wonder if perverts like Cardi B and Stallion's WAP also got canceled in that region too. Along with a bunch of other filthy mainstream music kids listen to as well.
Imagine thinking you were making a valid point


Master Roshi, a character in a series intended for kids who touched and grabs at women without their consent, including when they’re knocked out and has to “discipline himself” to not do it to win a tournament, instead of just not doing it. And no he does not demonstrate that it’s wrong. He just identifies it as a liability in a fighting tournament where he might get distracted by sexy women fighters and lose. It had nothing to do with identifying it as morally reprehensible behavior.


And WAP a song that clearly isn’t made for kids that is being sung by a woman enjoying her own sexuality of her own volition. (funny of all the sexually charged songs to exist in music since ever WAP is the one conservatives go after i wONdEr wHy tHaT iS)

You really thought you were making a solid argument like…wow.


Image
Licentious behavior or expression in the arts is immoral, regardless if one enjoys it or not. Just like Master Roshi's perverted actions. At least the women in the DBS episode let kids know it's wrong. Also, master Roshi's weakness is labeled what it is...A perversion.



Yeah you don’t get to pull the pearl clutching holier than thou puritanical “all sex in media is bad consensual or not!” after whining about a country’s tv station choosing to temporarily pull the show for content editing.

And no Roshi’s perversion isn’t treated as a moral failing just a potential weakness as a fighter. It’s not framed as repugnant behavior that ignores consents it’s framed as “silly old man is just so damn horny and needs to keep it in check so he doesn’t get knocked out of the ring by the first sexy lady fighter he might come across”


Also thinking consensual enjoyment of sex and sexual assault are on equal grounds is a huge fucking red flag.

User avatar
Miracles
I Live Here
Posts: 3391
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:31 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super Gets Cancelled Overseas Over Sexual Harassment Claims

Post by Miracles » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:36 pm

MasenkoHA wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:25 pm
Miracles wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:16 pm
MasenkoHA wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:11 pm


Imagine thinking you were making a valid point


Master Roshi, a character in a series intended for kids who touched and grabs at women without their consent, including when they’re knocked out and has to “discipline himself” to not do it to win a tournament, instead of just not doing it. And no he does not demonstrate that it’s wrong. He just identifies it as a liability in a fighting tournament where he might get distracted by sexy women fighters and lose. It had nothing to do with identifying it as morally reprehensible behavior.


And WAP a song that clearly isn’t made for kids that is being sung by a woman enjoying her own sexuality of her own volition. (funny of all the sexually charged songs to exist in music since ever WAP is the one conservatives go after i wONdEr wHy tHaT iS)

You really thought you were making a solid argument like…wow.


Image
Licentious behavior or expression in the arts is immoral, regardless if one enjoys it or not. Just like Master Roshi's perverted actions. At least the women in the DBS episode let kids know it's wrong. Also, master Roshi's weakness is labeled what it is...A perversion.



Yeah you don’t get to pull the pearl clutching holier than thou puritanical “all sex in media is bad consensual or not!” after whining about a country’s tv station choosing to temporarily pull the show for content editing.

And no Roshi’s perversion isn’t treated as a moral failing just a potential weakness as a fighter. It’s not framed as repugnant behavior that ignores consents it’s framed as “silly old man is just so damn horny and needs to keep it in check so he doesn’t get knocked out of the ring by the first sexy lady fighter he might come across”


Also thinking consensual enjoyment of sex and sexual assault are on equal grounds is a huge fucking red flag.
I didn't whine about the show being pulled. I acknowledged it, despite it labeling Roshi's antics what it is, perversion. I said make sure not to play hypocrisy and drop the hammer on other filthy media outlets as well.

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 14706
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Super Gets Cancelled Overseas Over Sexual Harassment Claims

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:44 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:13 pm
JulieYBM wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:02 pm
I can't believe women enjoy control over their sexuality. Who do they think they are, human beings?
And as Masenko alluded to with the WAP example, the visceral intensity of the revulsion that gets expressed in the conservative mind when its black women who are doing it tends to usually be a billion times worse and more over the top. Women generally who actually enjoy sex on their own terms for them is bad enough: but black women? That's basically an existential horror to these twisted freaks.
Yup. They reject anything that is different and not about them from their status quo that they re-enforce through societal and generational repetition.

Finally got off my executive dysfunction ass and watched the wap video. Fuck me!
She/Her | Want to be a girl? Click here! | What's gender dysphoria, you ask? Click here to find out!

User avatar
Kunzait_83
I Live Here
Posts: 2866
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:19 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Gets Cancelled Overseas Over Sexual Harassment Claims

Post by Kunzait_83 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:44 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:44 pm
Finally got off my executive dysfunction ass and watched the wap video. Fuck me!
Honestly, its mostly pretty par for the course as far as pretty much any given sex-focused hip hop song goes. And its not even like black female hip hop artists with explicit as all hell lyrics about their own sexuality is something particularly new either. Salt-N-Pepa, Lil' Kim, Queen Latifah, MC Lyte, Eve, Missy Elliott, Foxy Brown and countless others have all covered this sort of territory in hip hop at one time or another going back more than 30 years ago (longer even).

The fact that there's so many tight-assed, sheltered, prudish weirdos in the current climate who are freaking out about this song/video like its 1956 when this type of thing was literally a dime a dozen in the hip hop world even back in the 90s (and well within the mainstream: we're not exactly talking obscure, underground indie rappers here) is just beyond embarrassing and cringe as fuck.

Christ, if WAP is enough to give today's conservative men an aneurysm, I'd hate to hear how they react to decades old tracks like How Many Licks or most anything by Queen Pen (who was a queer female rapper who's was known, among other things, for often boast rapping about being able to steal away most straight dudes' girlfriends on the strength of her pussy-eating technique).

To say nothing of Salt-N-Pepa, who all the way the fuck back in 1991 had a major, mainstream hit single about braving the fucking AIDS epidemic during its absolute apex to still enjoy casual sex and hookups in spite of it.
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 14706
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Super Gets Cancelled Overseas Over Sexual Harassment Claims

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:54 pm

Oh to be a bisexual woman who can't tell if she wants to date a woman or just look like her. 😭😭
She/Her | Want to be a girl? Click here! | What's gender dysphoria, you ask? Click here to find out!

User avatar
Soppa Saia People
I Live Here
Posts: 2912
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:26 pm
Location: an apartment complex huh...i find it quite simple, really.

Re: Dragon Ball Super Gets Cancelled Overseas Over Sexual Harassment Claims

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:12 am

three 6 mafia wasn't really main stream when she was a major part of it, but you gotta wonder how some people would react to some of the things 16 year old gangsta boo was rapping about on those old dj paul tapes.

but i mean it's just objectively silly to act like music hasn't had people saying this same stuff or getting pulled because of stuff like this, it's been going for longer then everyone on this forum has been alive. and it's been like almost every genre about every hot topic, it's just how it goes. it's like saying that why would funimation censor the videl spopovich fight* if smack my bitch was allowed to exist.

*i don't know if funimation did censor that fight lol, i just like smack my bitch up

User avatar
Yuji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 464
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:20 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Gets Cancelled Overseas Over Sexual Harassment Claims

Post by Yuji » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:34 am

Concerning amounts of ace erasure going on in this thread.

User avatar
PurestEvil
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1103
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:34 pm
Location: Constantinopolee!

Re: Dragon Ball Super Gets Cancelled Overseas Over Sexual Harassment Claims

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:09 am

Yuji wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:34 am
Concerning amounts of ace erasure going on in this thread.
Care to explain?
This post was brought to you by 魔族

User avatar
Yuji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 464
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:20 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Gets Cancelled Overseas Over Sexual Harassment Claims

Post by Yuji » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:33 am

PurestEvil wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:09 am
Yuji wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:34 am
Concerning amounts of ace erasure going on in this thread.
Care to explain?
Ace people, or even just generally straight and queer people, who are not comfortable with sexuality being paraded around in media and advertisement are not necessarily "prudish conservative weirdos." I speak from experience talking to A and Q people on the left who share the same sentiment. It's not because it's "normal" or "not the first time" that it makes these people feel more comfortable. My asexual's girlfriend tolerance to sexuality in any kind of media ranges from tolerable (when it comes to media she agrees to consume, such as voluntarily clicking on a YouTube video or watching a movie) to absolute, visceral disgust (when it comes to non-consensual viewings of sexuality such as advertisement or radio), for example. I remember her first experience of WAP was the latter because she caught it on TV.

WAP and other music videos or art with the same inclination being so prevalent is fine, express yourself how you want to, but to ignore how someone left of Trump may have some legitimate grievances with the popularization of such an interpersonal thing - sexuality - shows narrow-mindedness.

I may have misinterpreted Kunzait's points, but in my experience he (and others) consistently jumps the gun and makes broad generalizations when it comes to aligning certain attitudes with a certain political side.

User avatar
MasenkoHA
I Live Here
Posts: 4172
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Gets Cancelled Overseas Over Sexual Harassment Claims

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:52 am

Yuji wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:33 am
PurestEvil wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:09 am
Yuji wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:34 am
Concerning amounts of ace erasure going on in this thread.
Care to explain?
Ace people, or even just generally straight and queer people, who are not comfortable with sexuality being paraded around in media and advertisement are not necessarily "prudish conservative weirdos." I speak from experience talking to A and Q people on the left who share the same sentiment. It's not because it's "normal" or "not the first time" that it makes these people feel more comfortable. My asexual's girlfriend tolerance to sexuality in any kind of media ranges from tolerable (when it comes to media she agrees to consume, such as voluntarily clicking on a YouTube video or watching a movie) to absolute, visceral disgust (when it comes to non-consensual viewings of sexuality such as advertisement or radio), for example. I remember her first experience of WAP was the latter because she caught it on TV.

WAP and other music videos or art with the same inclination being so prevalent is fine, express yourself how you want to, but to ignore how someone left of Trump may have some legitimate grievances with the popularization of such an interpersonal thing - sexuality - shows narrow-mindedness.

I may have misinterpreted Kunzait's points, but in my experience he (and others) consistently jumps the gun and makes broad generalizations when it comes to aligning certain attitudes with a certain political side.
So, it’s not the bothered by WAP part. It’s the “let’s pretend sexual assault on a kids cartoon is the exact same grounds as a woman singing about her own sexuality”

I have no grievances with someone who is bothered by sexually explicit lyrics and doesn’t want to hear them. I do have grievances with someone who says “Well if someone doesn’t want to see sexual assault portrayed comically on a kids cartoon they should also be offended by a woman singing about her wet ass pussy!!!!!!!!!!” And you can turn it into whatever you want, it is by no means a coincidence that of all the thousands upon thousands of sexually explicit songs in the mainstream it’s the one sung by a woman of color that has the Ben Shapiro types in a tizzy.

User avatar
Nagyzöld
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:02 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super Gets Cancelled Overseas Over Sexual Harassment Claims

Post by Nagyzöld » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:18 am

Yuji wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:33 am
Ace people, or even just generally straight and queer people, who are not comfortable with sexuality being paraded around in media and advertisement are not necessarily "prudish conservative weirdos."
Well, it's one thing feeling uncomfortable yourself, and deciding to avoid media that is making you feel this way because it's just who you are and you can't help how you feel about it. And a totally different thing to insult or moralize these people and claim that this kind of art needs to be censored or erased altogether just because it doesn't align with whatever's going on inside your head.

It's like when straights complain about homosexuality in media. There's these people who just feel uncomfortable about seeing same sex action but will avoid watching media that's making them feel uncomfortable without disrespecting others and making a big fuss about it. And then there's this other category of internalized homophobes who will angrily complain on social media how they "are perfectly fine with gays...ya know, nothing against them...but they should stop including them in sooooo much media nowadays...they are eve ry where...why they push this agenda of diversity so much on us they should leave us alone *drool dripping from the corner of the mouth*"

It's all about the attitude!

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 14706
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Super Gets Cancelled Overseas Over Sexual Harassment Claims

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:31 am

It always blows my mind when cishet people push their gender agenda and sexualities onto others. Like, eww, enough with the gender reveal parties and the cishet romances in media, please.

Also, please stop making the only queer characters non-human. Thanks.

(Actually, no, I wanna self-insert as a girl dating a guy and a girl dating a woman and a girl dating an enby).
She/Her | Want to be a girl? Click here! | What's gender dysphoria, you ask? Click here to find out!

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6637
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super Gets Cancelled Overseas Over Sexual Harassment Claims

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:09 pm

Shaddy wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:18 am
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:23 pm
Not the same, just prone to similarly bad points of extremism.
A false equivalence is a false equivalence.
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:23 pm
And if those posts don't represent what you're saying, then maybe you're just a bad communicator.
So I should blame myself for your dishonesty? How very rational and big-brained of you.
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:23 pm
You did say that the USSR and China were right-wing and that communism could work if 'done properly', didn't you?
If I'm such a bad communicator, maybe you couldn't tell what I said.
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:33 pm
And of course some people will go and say 'no, no, no, that's not real communism', but that is what we got when they tried to create communist states.
You can't create a "communist state". It is by-definition stateless. Anyone who calls themselves a communist and then builds a government is a liar.

But I guess no matter how many times I go over that, you'll continue spouting red-scare propaganda, as if capitalism doesn't cause more deaths every year than the black book of communism reports, even when it buffs its numbers with nazis killed in World War 2 as "victims of communism".
Seems you have your own peculiar definition of communism and ignore all of the other ways it's been conceived of and implemented throughout history. I see no evidence that a completely stateless, anarchist society would ever work on a large scale either.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Post Reply