Do you think will ever get a jaco the galactic patrolman ova series or anime series?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Re: Do you think will ever get a jaco the galactic patrolman ova series or anime series?

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:55 am

We should, but we probably won't get one. But well, stranger and older things have been adapted, so who knows.

Majin Man 101
Beyond Newbie

Re: Do you think will ever get a jaco the galactic patrolman ova series or anime series?

Post by Majin Man 101 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:53 am

supersaiyamangod wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:41 pm Do you think will ever get a jaco the galactic patrolman ova series or anime series?
I do think that this will happen when the anime returns (Hopefully late 2022 or 2023) Doing a Jaco TV special, or even a mini 3-4 episode arc of the Jaco manga would be a great way to produce filler within the series. I know that Jaco has a lot of fans. We always need more Jaco and I do believe that this will happen IN DRAGON BALL SUPER

However, for it to be its own series. Highly doubtful. While having a Jaco series would be an amazing way to go with the Dragon Ball franchise, I do think that Toei would be skeptical about having a Dragon Ball series that doesn't feature Son Goku front and center. This is a mistake on their part as the series has a lot of potential with spin-offs.

supersaiyamangod
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyamangod » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:03 pm

Majin Man 101 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:53 am
supersaiyamangod wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:41 pm Do you think will ever get a jaco the galactic patrolman ova series or anime series?
I do think that this will happen when the anime returns (Hopefully late 2022 or 2023) Doing a Jaco TV special, or even a mini 3-4 episode arc of the Jaco manga would be a great way to produce filler within the series. I know that Jaco has a lot of fans. We always need more Jaco and I do believe that this will happen IN DRAGON BALL SUPER

However, for it to be its own series. Highly doubtful. While having a Jaco series would be an amazing way to go with the Dragon Ball franchise, I do think that Toei would be skeptical about having a Dragon Ball series that doesn't feature Son Goku front and center. This is a mistake on their part as the series has a lot of potential with spin-offs.
It’s sad toei doesn’t understand something called world building.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:49 pm

They should adapt it into Dragon Ball Super 2. Instead of having some crappy "filler" arc they could just take the chance to adapt Jaco.