Does Sabat do commercials?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Does Sabat do commercials?

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:17 am

I could swear I am hearing him in a lot of commercials these days
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE2pJmU3MTM

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Does Sabat do commercials?

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:38 am

eledoremassis02 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:17 am I could swear I am hearing him in a lot of commercials these days
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE2pJmU3MTM
Yes, Sabat has a history of doing commercials. I used to have a copy of his on-camera commercial with Garth Brooks but here's him talking about it.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:13 pm

If we want to make the scope of this topic more international, Vegeta's Italian dubber (Gianluca Iacono) often does commercials, too.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:12 pm

nineko wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:13 pm If we want to make the scope of this topic more international, Vegeta's Italian dubber (Gianluca Iacono) often does commercials, too.
I think thats totally cool. Does he sound like Vegets? It'd be cool seeing DB VAs doing other things.

I forever want to hear Nozawa in the Japanese dub of Doug. I think she was doug?

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:48 pm

Sabat has a certain inflection in his voice that always makes it obvious it's him :lol:
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:07 pm

My favorite Sabat story is the one where he talks about pretending to be his dad (because his voice changed so early and so starkly) in his early teens and calling in sick for himself to school. What a king.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:59 am

eledoremassis02 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:12 pm
nineko wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:13 pm If we want to make the scope of this topic more international, Vegeta's Italian dubber (Gianluca Iacono) often does commercials, too.
I think thats totally cool. Does he sound like Vegets? It'd be cool seeing DB VAs doing other things.
Yes, he's still easily recognizable.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:08 am

I recall João Loy (the portuguese Vegeta) also participated in commercials like this one

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:37 pm

Oh sure, most voice actors have done a commercial at some point. Some do them more frequently than others, but most voice actors are taught that their most important demo is their commercial demo since it's one of the more lucrative genres of VO (hell of a lot more lucrative than dubbing, that's for sure). I'm sure he has a commercial demo posted somewhere online--most likely on his agent's website--but I've had a hard time tracking it down since I don't know who his agent is.

There used to be a site called VoiceBank where all the demos of all the actors with agency representation had their demos posted, but to make a long story short, that site was bought by a company called Voices.com, which has a (frankly, well-earned) reputation for being one of the least actor-friendly businesses for voice actors, so that site was basically abandoned after the change of ownership when agents refused to work with them.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:57 pm

I have seen Steve Blum do ads for cars and pizza stuff before. Not surprising here.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/