Jump Anime Tour Special DVD Released (incl. Orange Hero)!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Jump Anime Tour Special DVD Released (incl. Orange Hero)!

Post by Hujio » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:59 pm

April has turned into such a great month. We have a "new" series currently airing on TV, another "Super Exciting Guide" was released, and we're only 8 days into the month. What more could you ask for? Well, the mail-in order DVD for the DragonBall Jump Anime Tour Special, "Heya! Son Goku and Friends Return!!", has finally started being shipped to people in Japan. Luckily, the person (no, not Herms) in Japan that I had get me some copies of the DVD got them in the mail last night. So naturally I couldn't wait a couple of days for them to get here, so I had him open one of the DVDs and rip it so he could send it to me. When I got home this evening, I went to town on this bad boy. Now obviously I don't have said DVD in my possession at the moment, so I can't take any photos or make any scans. But rest assured, I will, and at some point I'll make a page for it in the "DVD Guide" on Kanzentai.

Here's the DVD menu. It's a simple static image with no music, which is a shame, since they really could have done a lot more with it. There are two buttons, one to play the special, and another to play the Non-credit Ending.

And now, what everyone really wants to know about... the ending! The ending animation is completely new, and it looks gorgeous! The ending theme is of course "Orange Hero" by jealkb, a song that was kept under raps very well. I have put a page for the theme up in Kanzentai's "Theme Guide" and uploaded both versions of the ending on YouTube.

"Orange Hero" by jealkb
- Information Page @ Kanzentai
- Video w/ Credits @ YouTube
- Non-credit Video @ YouTube

Funny enough, in the credits themselves the theme is credited as "Orenge Hero", even though on jealkb's own website they said the title was "Orange Hero". Looks like someone made a mistake and is bad with English... Also, there's still no word about an actual CD release for the theme, but now that the DVDs available, maybe that will change.

I know everyone has already seen it a million times, but I've also put up the opening animation with "CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA". The only difference is, there's no Jump 40th logo in the corner. ;) I would have liked to get a non-credit version of this too, but Toei is stingy like that.

CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA (Jump Anime Tour Animation) @ YouTube

Anyway, here are some screen shots from the non-credit ending animation for everyone to drool over!

Last edited by Hujio on Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:23 pm

ORANGE HERO OMG!!!!!

[/fangirling]

I've been waiting since NOVEMBER! TTuTT

*Goes to seek out the ending to see it in motion and hear what the song is like*.

EDIT: Just watched it, and it was AWESOME. I hope a full version of Orange Hero gets released soon. X3
Last edited by Chuquita on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:27 pm

The song is pretty neat, it doesn't really feel like a Dragon Ball song (to me), but regardless I still like it. Also I love the animation used for the ending. It so cute!
Last edited by mysteriousdbzgt on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just another Dragon Ball fangirl in the world.

DB & Tiger and Bunny are my main fandoms, along with many other animes.

Deviantart Profile/ Tiger & Bunnyftw tumblr/ mysteriousdbzgt tumblr / My Anime List Profile

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:32 pm

Holy shit, that has to be the best looking Dragon Ball anything I've ever seen. And that's quite possibly the best Dragon Ball related song ever. My mind is blown.

I may actually get this myself if FUNimation doesn't bother with the special, just for Orange Hero. thanks a bunch, Hujio.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:33 pm

Cool....

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:34 pm

Ending is better than the entire special.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:37 pm

JAPPO wrote:Ending is better than the entire special.
Agreed! This "jealkb" should do future Kai OPs and EDs if we are to get any.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Hao_Kaiser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Hao_Kaiser » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:38 pm

Holy crap...

That's gorgeous.

I have to say, all of this really awesome, super-well animated Dragon Ball stuff makes Kai look like a big "Fuck you, Dragon Ball fans!"

No menu music, though? I know this isn't a retail release, but, seriously? Is it that hard to make "Cha-La Head Cha-La" loop in the background?

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:58 pm

WOW! :D :D :D
14 years later

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:00 pm

That was awesome! I can't wait to get my copy!
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Rod
Regular

Post by Rod » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:10 pm

I'm so jealous, I loved that special

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:14 pm

My word, what's up with this month in terms of new awesome dragon ball stuffs?

With the opening animation being a new take on the old one, I thought the ending would be done in a similar way... not like I'm disappointed, or anything. If anything, this is frikkin' awesome! I already brought it up in the youtube video, but I really like the colors in the ending. It kinda reminds me of the style you'd find in a kid's storybook. Good times.

Now, if only FUNi would get their grubby little hands on this and release it in the states already.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:30 pm

Schway. That was friggin' epic.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:42 pm

I wish I had some friends in Japan that could do me such favors. :lol:
I hope it comes out over here some time. By the way, has Funi even acknowledged its existence?
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:07 pm

Thank you so much Hujio for putting up these full-res screenshots, and uploading the creditless version! Definitely one of the best endings of all of the movies and specials!!

The respective pages also look amazing, and I can't wait for a dissection of the actual box!
Forgotten Hero wrote:By the way, has Funi even acknowledged its existence?
No, not yet; but there's no way they don't know about it.
Last edited by SSj_Rambo on Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:10 pm

I could have sworn that someone reported that Funi knew about it at one of the recent anime conventions. This ring a bell to anyone else?

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:13 pm

SSJ Helldog wrote:
I could have sworn that someone reported that Funi knew about it at one of the recent anime conventions. This ring a bell to anyone else?
Didn't someone at a convention ask a FUNi representative if they knew of it, and only get a "yes" about something else in return? That's all I can remember.

Tweaker
Regular

Post by Tweaker » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:35 pm

That ending animation is totally ace! The animation quality is breathtaking, the song is outstandingly fitting and atmospheric, and I found myself totally immersed and loving every bit of it. Thanks for sharing! :)

Incidentally, do you have a higher quality rip of that creditless ending laying around without YouTube's compression taking away from the quality? I'd like to take some screengrabs and such. :3

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:30 pm

Shit man, that ending animation looks friggin great. I can't wait to get mine! Oh... thats right, I have no way of getting this. Awesome. :evil:

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Re: Jump Anime Tour Special DVD Released (incl. Orange Hero)

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:43 pm

Even though the Special related to Vegeta and introduced his little brother, Kakarrot gets the spotlight once again. :roll:
The Saiyans are very much like the Klingons and Jem'Hadar.