I'm going to Japan - Help Please

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Minigt
Beyond Newbie

I'm going to Japan - Help Please

Post by Minigt » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:30 am

Hi guys,
I'm going to Japan at the end of May and looking for all things Dragonball. Its really the main reason why I am going.

Can anyone give me some advice regarding where to go and what to do -relating to DB??

Any help / thoughts would be appreciated.
Chuncho Stretchy Pants

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:52 am

The Toriyama Exhibition has run its course, right? If not, definitely hit it up. As for places to buy Dragonball stuff, Mandrake (in Nakano, Tokyo) has recieved wonderful reviews.

There was a similar thread here.

ultimateemail5000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ultimateemail5000 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:48 am

I suggest a quote from America's favotite hidieously deformed creature of super human size and strength, The Toxic Avenger. Buy a book called "Gidgit goes to Tokyo." It will teach you basics. Not sure if this is a real book, anybnody know if it is?

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:52 am

What part of Japan are you going? Hermes is probably the dude you want to talk to, He has lived there for a few months so will be the perfect guy to PM.

I am green with envy, I think if I went I would have to visit both rural and urbanised areas of Japan; The rural areas just look so beautiful it would be a shame to stay in a concrete capital. I'm not sure, but you might even time it for the pink blossum trees.
Try and bring back several copies of the new special movie DVD... - You would be loved by many on this site.
[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]

Minigt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Minigt » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:22 am

I'm staying in Tokyo for a week. If time permits, I'm hoping to get to Kyoto for a night / day but will have to see how it goes. Appreciate the help so far...thanks. Oh yeah, gotta get me some of the new DVD action!

Anyone else got some tips.
Chuncho Stretchy Pants

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:31 am

If I were you, I'd grab up those new Super Exciting Guides that were just released. I think they're fairly cheap.

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:54 pm

Try checking out these websites... Might help... The best thing to do would be to purchase or rent a couple of travel books before you jet off.

http://gojapan.about.com/od/attractions ... _Japan.htm

http://www.thereareplaces.com/Guidebook ... /jppts.htm

http://www.jal.com/en/guidetojapan/uky/see/eastern/

This one did make me giggle...

http://www.thejapanfaq.com/FAQ-Manners.html
[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]

Minigt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Minigt » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:23 pm

Thank you all, especially Saiyanprincess. Awesome sites.

Anyone else got any tips on where to go for my DB fix??? I've only got a week and I want to maximise my Japanese DB experience.
Chuncho Stretchy Pants

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:26 pm

Minigt wrote:Thank you all, especially Saiyanprincess. Awesome sites.

Anyone else got any tips on where to go for my DB fix??? I've only got a week and I want to maximise my Japanese DB experience.
Like SSJ_Rambo said, Mandarake in Nakano (an area of Tokyo) has all sorts of DragonBall stuff. Any Kinokuniya will also have lots of manga.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.