Girlfriends?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gabool The Wild
Not-So-Newbie

Girlfriends?

Post by Gabool The Wild » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:43 pm

Okay, so I hardly ever post on here.
I'm more of a lurker than anything, but today something awesome happened.
So, I play on this game called "AQWorlds" a lot and I convinced my girlfriend to make a character and play with me.
She thinks it's nerdy and dumb, but she got bored and finally gave in.
While we were playing, I got her to take a Dragon Ball inspired picture with me:

If you think Cell was bad, then you should meet my girlfriend.
:lol:

I did an amazingly horrible editing job with this in MS Paint, but hey, I think it's hilarious.

So, do any of you guys have any funny stories concerning your girlfriends/family and Dragon Ball, or any other anime for that?

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:20 pm

I'm guessing boyfriends count too? Well, I frighten guys with my major love for this series... although a while back a friend of mine went with me to a DBZ marathon... After that I hardly talked to him, I'm guessing I was being a bit to geeky for him @_@

It's pretty funny how I can only find female friends who are into DragonBall. I think guys of this forum would love me as a girlfriend though =P Hahaha :oops: :lol:

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:07 pm

My girlfriend walked in on me screaming "KAIOKEN!" She was like o_O

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:23 pm

Not really into the average anime chick (at my school, at least), at all. But one of my best friends had to make a fan-dubfor school, and used a Kung-Fu film and added a line about going "Dragonball Z on yo' ass". Though, now that I think about it, a girl (this one I would definitely date) in my P.E. class was walking when a guy came up to her and she (jokingly) spun around and through a volleyball at his head and yelled "Dragonball Z". Other than that, nothing really. My family doesn't really give a shit, and my brother only has a faint dub-based interest in the series now.

Gabool The Wild
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gabool The Wild » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:06 pm

RoarkVegeta wrote:My girlfriend walked in on me screaming "KAIOKEN!" She was like o_O
That's awesome.

What did she say to you?

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:10 pm

More importantly, why were you screaming it...?
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:24 pm

I was watching it, then when Nozawa screamed I was like "Kaioken!!!". She walked in and said "Hey---uh..."

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:40 pm

Every girlfriend I've ever had has had no interest in Dragon Ball or anime in general except for one. That one was a huge anime junkie, but not Dragon Ball. As such, every girlfriend I've ever had has found my love for DB to be outstandingly nerdy.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:13 pm

I went out with a girl in high school who liked Dragon Ball Z (casual fan), the ironic part was that I wasn't interested in DBZ back then. Other than that I recently met a girl who's a huge fan we hit it off pretty well for a couple of weeks but it didn't really go anywhere.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:32 am

Agh, I'll probably never find a girlfriend, let alone one that likes Dragon Ball.

Though I'm going back to college in a few months, who knows? :D
Last edited by The Time Traveller on Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:41 am

My ex used to like Dragon Ball, so no surprises there.

She gave me her Dragon Boxes for $100 each. Oh, those were the days.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:44 am

My girlfriend isn't a Dragonball fan, but she does know what I like, and what I have in my collection, so occasionally she'll surprise me with a Gashapon or some other random Dragonball merch just for the hell of it.

Dan no saisei

Post by Dan no saisei » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:27 am

all of my ex-girlfriends where into anime in genral, but none of them was a huge DB fan, but the most of them watched it back in the days when it was still on TV in germany.

the only thing i realy can conect with DB is my first-time...we were watching the 1st Episode of GT (suptiteled, very low Quality) on our 2nd Date. well one was leading to the other and the next morning i had my first girlfriend^^

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:55 am

Dan no saisei wrote:the only thing i realy can conect with DB is my first-time...we were watching the 1st Episode of GT (suptiteled, very low Quality) on our 2nd Date. well one was leading to the other and the next morning i had my first girlfriend^^
... O_o
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:14 am

I wish I had a boyfriend who was interested in Dragonball Z :( Actually I kind of wish I had a boyfriend! All the guys I seem to meet are just idiots who only want one thing... I'm always attracted to the bad guys! Why!!!??
I guess there have been two exceptions... But both were just a little too boring. One lasted a few days and I woke up and thought... "What Am I doing?" The other I just conveinently forgot to phone back... blocking all calls from his name.

Still neither even remotely knew what a dragonball looked like, And I'm pretty sure they couldn't have a detailed discussion with me about the Super Saiyan transformations... Dang...
[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:38 am

My boyfriend is into anime, even claiming back in the day to being more of an otaku than I am now. We love watching a bunch of stuff together like Utawarerumono, One Piece, Death Note, yadda yadda yadda, but he does not enjoy how much I love Dragon Ball. Oh he watched it when he was younger on Toonami, but that's all.

I always wanna try and catch him in the best mood possible and try and get him to watch it with me, but he always insists that if we do, it's gotta be dubbed........which I can't stand. I tried it once and I was squirming in my chair the whole time.

I had him watch a little bit of Kai after I threw it up on the living room television, Japanese raw, and he said he didn't mind it at all and that maybe its only feeling compelled to read subtitles that disturbs him (though he watched through .hack//SIGN subtitled before it came out stateside with no problems and LOVES Tokyo Godfathers when all it is is subtitled), but he still would rather wait for the dub to watch it.

Oh well, you win some, you lose some.
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:31 pm

My past girlfriends have been generally the girly-type, and it would surprise me a great deal if any of them had even the slightest knowledge of Dragon Ball.

One of my best friends' wife is a major fan though, and they even watched the first Season together. I don't think you could ask for that kind of luck as far as women. :roll:

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:54 pm

... Well, I met my so-far only boyfriend here. Does that count? :P

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:02 pm

I met my fiancee through these boards~
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:05 pm

Stab you.