Favorite Filler Moment

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:09 pm

Big Boss wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I second "Goku and Piccolo learn how to drive".

I'd also like to throw in "Goku and Vegeta travel inside Buu; run into giant foods, giant worms, and Vegeta gets slimed a few times and does not enjoy it". :3
The dub of it was even funnier. There were some awesome lines:

Vegeta: Son of a Namek!

Vegeta: Great Galaxies!!!! If I know my anatomy, then we're headed straight for the...the...southern exit!

*about to get crapped out by Buu*
Vegeta: Aw, Crap!
Goku: ...We're about to become that, aren't we?

Vegeta I won't become part of that Pink monster's excrement. I am the Prince Of All Saiyans - I go out through the front! (that's not the EXACT line, but close)

*waiting for one of the holes in Buu's head to open up again*
Goku: OPEN SESAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vegeta: ...genius

Goku: Look Vegeta, people popcorn!
Vegeta: What is he on?!
Are those lines new? Like re-dubbed in Season 9? I don't remember those lines the dub...
I think the "Oh, crap!" line was the Japanese version instead, but I'm pretty sure everything else was in the actual dub.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World
"They say assholes grow on trees/But I'm just here to trim the leaves"
"If a girl is over 35 and not married, then she must be nuttier than squirrel shit." - Reverend Pastor Father Uncle Ruckus (no relation)

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:32 am

Of course the driving episode. ^.^

My favorite filler arc is Goku's training for the 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai. The demon realm, Inoshikacho, Tenron, that random Gourd..... those were the days!

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:53 pm

I haven't seen it in full, but the driving episode seemed pretty funny. That crazy woman Piccolo has with him is really something, which doesn't seem that way at first!!

Otherwise, I don't know if we can consider that as a filler since it only lasts a few seconds, but there's an unexisting moment in the manga that I always thought made the scene more emotional and stylish in the anime (that's the only scene I actually prefer a bit in the anime than in the manga): Gohan's absent look and tears in his eyes when turning into a Super Saiyan 2, as if something had broken inside. Then after a few seconds, the tears fly off and his look changes to a fierce look (which is what the manga directly shows). This teary absent look, which doesn't appear in the manga, makes the scene one of the greatest of the whole show!

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:29 pm

Chi Chi: You are the only one who hasn't gotten the driver license!
Goku: *looking at Piccolo* He ain't got license either.
Piccolo: Stay me out of this!

Instructor: Cut the wheel! Cut the wheel!
Goku: Are you sure?
Instructor: Just do it!
Goku: AHHHHH!!! Here!
Instructor: Uhh....
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:56 pm

Dayspring wrote:I actually liked the Saiyan history episode (the one that introduced the Tsufuls). While briefly mentioned in the manga, the flashback seems to be what truly sets the tone for the scene.
I would have to agree.
Dragonball and One Piece are two totally different stories, except one author has a fanboy hard-on for another Author.