I hate when people are stupid

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

I hate when people are stupid

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:57 am

http://board.dragonballgttcg.com/msgs.c ... =25&tz=480

http://board.dragonballgttcg.com/msgs.c ... 6&forum=25

Look at this Gozar/Trunks Master Swordsman03 guy trying to prove that the dub=the manga, as in, the dub's facts, even when they contradict the manga, are just as correct as the manga :shock:
Anyone want to join and just...PWN him? :lol:
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:12 am

I'd help, but I actually agree with him on Kid Boo being the strongest (although not because of his argument), and that argument never ends.

El_Diablo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by El_Diablo » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:46 am

Darkprince410 wrote:Toriyama openly protested Toei making GT
When did that ever happen?
Where's the beef?

omae no kaasan
OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INF0RZ D00D

Post by omae no kaasan » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:15 pm

I'd help, but I actually agree with him on Kid Boo being the strongest (although not because of his argument), and that argument never ends.
:shock:

SOMEONE ACTUALLY AGREES WITH ME!!!!!????????

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:06 pm

Honestly, I couldn't get though those posts. But if we're talking about Kid Buu being the strongest Buu...

I've never done the research and that means my opinion doesn't count, but I think Kid Buu is the strongest. I thought I heard something about Toriyama saying that, and then there's the rule that smaller = stronger (except when the thing is cute). Plus, it makes the battle more climactic. Or something.

If we're not talking about the strongest Buu, I'm going to be embarrassed. Probably.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:20 pm

I like when people ignore the rule of "Villain << Villain << Villain << Villain" that is, ya' know... like... THE STANDARD RULE. The next villain is strongest than the last. It's not like Toriyama breaks any common molds.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:27 pm

some guy wrote:Nope, in DBZ Movie 8, Gokuu and Gohan were losing to Burori while in their FpSsj states, which is far stronger and far faster than Torankusu's USsj state. LSsj Burori is around to a little above Suupaa Perfect Seru in strength, which in short means that Torankusu would stand no chance against Burori.
Oh my.

And, um, "Suupaa Perfect Seru"?

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:38 pm

Haha, again, fans attempt to sound smarter by using the Romanized Japanese character names...
I don't like to get all technical and do research and analyzing when it comes to Dragon Ball. I've always held Kid Boo to be the strongest simply because he was the last enemy and he could kick everyone else's ass.
Anywho, what's with the "Chao" they keep saying?
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:59 pm

*PINHEAD* wrote:Haha, again, fans attempt to sound smarter by using the Romanized Japanese character names...
I don't like to get all technical and do research and analyzing when it comes to Dragon Ball. I've always held Kid Boo to be the strongest simply because he was the last enemy and he could kick everyone else's ass.
Anywho, what's with the "Chao" they keep saying?
Who knows? Maybe they're weird Sonic fans.

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:07 pm

*PINHEAD* wrote:Anywho, what's with the "Chao" they keep saying?
My guess is they're trying to say "chou" ("Super"), but I don't know where they'd get "chao" from. The Chinese reading is "tiao," but even if it was "chao," I have no idea why they wouldn't just use "Super" (since they always say "suupaa" when that kanji's used, anyway). :?
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Caracal
Regular

Re: I hate when people are stupid

Post by Caracal » Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:16 pm

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:http://board.dragonballgttcg.com/msgs.c ... =25&tz=480

http://board.dragonballgttcg.com/msgs.c ... 6&forum=25

Look at this Gozar/Trunks Master Swordsman03 guy trying to prove that the dub=the manga, as in, the dub's facts, even when they contradict the manga, are just as correct as the manga :shock:
Anyone want to join and just...PWN him? :lol:
Ugh >_< I've encountered idiot's like him before! It wasn't long after they started to air DB in the UK. I made a reference to the "sweet" Bulma gives Oolong and used the term she used in the manga. Then some kid say that it isn't that term but whatever Blue Water used -_-; Dumb little twit!

Milton
Patreon Supporter

Post by Milton » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:46 pm

No, because after Seru pointed out the weakness of USsj, he made a comment that Torankusu isn't in the same league as him, suggesting that Seru, even after witnessing the power of Torankusu's USsj state that he felt confident that he could win.
Also, after Gokuu and Gohan came out of the RoSaT and after Bejiita commented as to what their stage of transformation allowed them to do, he made a comment to himself which went something like, "Kakarotto, once again you've surp***ed us all!"
God...people actually do this? They spell out the romanji to get the most literal of translations?

Also, I love how the filter for that board took the "ass" out of "surpassed". :lol:

IncredibleGuy
Beyond Newbie

Post by IncredibleGuy » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:57 am

"I like when people ignore the rule of "Villain << Villain << Villain << Villain" that is, ya' know... like... THE STANDARD RULE. The next villain is strongest than the last. It's not like Toriyama breaks any common molds."

Well, he sort of had to considering he made Goku state at least two times that he couldn't defeat Super Boo.
Signatures are stupid and I wish there was a way to turn them off
edit- neato

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:29 am

VegettoEX wrote:I like when people ignore the rule of "Villain << Villain << Villain << Villain" that is, ya' know... like... THE STANDARD RULE. The next villain is strongest than the last. It's not like Toriyama breaks any common molds.
Heh heh, but Super Buu>>>Goku+Vegeta, and Fp-SSj Goku>Kid Buu, so Super Buu>>>Kid Buu
And Darkprince using romanji isn't him trying to be UBER 1337, it's because we're like the only ones on that board that can read Japanese. I choose not to use "Furiiza", "Torankusu", "Gokuu", "Seru", ect, even though I know every characters Japanese names, it's just that I feel that the English names are more natural when speaking, well, "English". I have told him that saying "suupaa" and stuff is over doing it a little, but, hey, if he wants to type out 6 letters instead of 5, let him.
If you want to bash people, bash the losers that say "Gokou", and "Trunksu".

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:00 am

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:If you want to bash people, bash the losers that say "Goku", and "Trunksu".
What's wrong with saying 'Goku'?

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:15 am

Rocketman wrote:
Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:If you want to bash people, bash the losers that say "Goku", and "Trunksu".
You're supposed to call him "Sky Monkey."

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:48 am

Mugenmidget wrote:
Rocketman wrote:
The word filter altered his word. He probably wrote Goku-u

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:50 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:
Mugenmidget wrote:
Rocketman wrote: What's wrong with saying 'Goku'?
For the sake of making the quote matrix bigger and testation, here comes Gokuu!

Frobman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Frobman » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:01 pm

Only names I'd go with in Japanese would be Kuririn, Tenshinhan, Mr. Satan, (anything else which doesn't come to mind), maybe Kakaroto, but that's all!
Fry: Wow. The jungles on Mars look like the jungles on Earth.
Prof. Farnsworth: Jungles? On Earth? ([i]laughs[/i])

Futurama

visit [url]http://uk.geocities.com/amrks@btinternet.com[/url]

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:32 pm

Rocketman wrote:
I said Go-ko-u, but it changed it.
Deus ex Machina wrote:
No, Go-ku-u is his Japanese name, why would I care?