Is this the worst DBZ opening?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TVfan721
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Is this the worst DBZ opening?

Post by TVfan721 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:57 pm

This post has been deleted.
Last edited by TVfan721 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:02 pm

That was crap. It seemed more like a commercial then an intro, and they focused way to much on Gohan.
You must have faith in who you are.

_StreetSonic_

Post by _StreetSonic_ » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:08 pm

I like it. Used to hear it all the time when I watched DBZ in Belgium.

TVfan721
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TVfan721 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:18 pm

This post has been deleted.
Last edited by TVfan721 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:34 pm

The opening video itself was crap. They could'a just remixed the Head Cha-La opening video or something. However, as for the song, I thought it was kinda cool. It was definitely closer in tone to other Dragonball Z songs out there than anything we ever got here in the US.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:38 pm

It's not good by any stretch, but it's somewhat cute and catchy in it's own weird way (not to mention far better than than that weird-ass Sailor Moon intro they had over there).

Worst DBZ opening? Far from it. It's godly compared to shit like this.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:45 pm

Adamant wrote:It's not good by any stretch, but it's somewhat cute and catchy in it's own weird way (not to mention far better than than that weird-ass Sailor Moon intro they had over there).

Now that really comes off as senseless dub bashing, considering this is far and away much more of an actual opening than the other ones posted in this thread.

Still not good, though, but better than the others to me.

Edit: Disregard the first comment, it was an unnecessary and assumptive reaction on my part.
Last edited by KaiserNeko on Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:50 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
Adamant wrote:It's not good by any stretch, but it's somewhat cute and catchy in it's own weird way (not to mention far better than than that weird-ass Sailor Moon intro they had over there).

Now that really comes off as senseless dub bashing, considering this is far and away much more of an opening than the other ones posted in this thread.
Not senseless to me. Sure, FUNi put a ton more effort into the video, but the music is not... well, to use an analogy I've been fond of lately:

"I always felt Batman was best suited to the role of gritty urban crime detective, but now you guys have got him up against Santas, and Easter bunnies? I'm sorry, but that's not my Batman!"

Last edited by Kendamu on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Re: Is this the worst DBZ opening?

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:52 pm

tvfan721 wrote:This is the opening song that's used for many versions. I think around 3 or 4. I'm not saying Rock the Dragon is good, I don't like that song either but this is terrible. I appreciate the uniqueness of the song, it's interesting that they took a different approach and made a really happy cheerful song but it just doesn't work really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcOSNxwo ... re=related
It's pretty bad. I don't think anything can top the English one though...aweful as any dub may be. There isn't anything as bad as the link you linked to. What am I saying? I dunno...it's bad okay?
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:55 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:Now that really comes off as senseless dub bashing, considering this is far and away much more of an actual opening than the other ones posted in this thread.

Still not good, though. But better than the others.
If other people are able to comment about openings from other countries being bad, why isn't Adamant... who doesn't even live in North America... not able to comment about, for him, some other random country's terrible dub opening...?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:04 pm

VegettoEX wrote:If other people are able to comment about openings from other countries being bad, why isn't Adamant... who doesn't even live in North America... not able to comment about, for him, some other random country's terrible dub opening...?
You're right, I'm considerably jaded thanks to the amount of people who resort to terrible hyperbole when it comes to anything regarding the dub. So when I see somebody compare something that I find utterly terrible to something from the dub, I often have a knee-jerk reaction to it.

I shouldn't have said that I thought it was senseless dub bashing as it was unfair to assume.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:19 pm

Dan Dan is the worst I've bothered to watch. I'm sure random dub opening #674 is worse, though.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:50 pm

The OP's choice is absolutely hypnotic in melody.

~Da Lemmy

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:10 pm

Haha, I can't say nothing bad about it, because I was raised on French dub, always watching it with this opening and then this Hyped-up version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdZAYAA85eo right after school :lol:
This opening resembles my memories on my early Dragon Ball interest....
But this opening itself isn't that good, but way better then that Italian 8)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:22 pm

MCDaveG wrote:Haha, I can't say nothing bad about it, because I was raised on French dub, always watching it with this opening and then this Hyped-up version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdZAYAA85eo right after school :lol:
This opening resembles my memories on my early Dragon Ball interest....
But this opening itself isn't that good, but way better then that Italian 8)
Aw, but I love "What Is Your Destiny?"! Although, it's always a tough call with songs in another language, the lyrics may be terrible. But I love the actual tune, it's very imaginative and expressive. Funny enough, that one singer does many, many Anime themes in Italy.

Although, yikes, a 2 minute long opening? o.o

If anyone's interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYGYH9f8Qyg

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:39 pm

That Ultimate Uncut intro was incredibly awful. The Funi season 3 intro wasn't all that great either. Come to think of it I didn't like that "ROCKAN TUNE" in the orange bricks intro either. Talk about a strike out.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:44 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:That Ultimate Uncut intro was incredibly awful. The Funi season 3 intro wasn't all that great either. Come to think of it I didn't like that "ROCKAN TUNE" in the orange bricks intro either. Talk about a strike out.
None of them will ever be as good...

... as Rock the Dragon!

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:46 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote:That Ultimate Uncut intro was incredibly awful. The Funi season 3 intro wasn't all that great either. Come to think of it I didn't like that "ROCKAN TUNE" in the orange bricks intro either. Talk about a strike out.

... as Rock the Dragon!
DRAGON DRAGON ROCK THE DRAGON DRAGON BALL ZEEEEEE!!!!!!

At least that seemed intentionally cheesy. :lol:
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Jurik
Beyond Newbie

Re: Is this the worst DBZ opening?

Post by Jurik » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:50 pm

tvfan721 wrote:This is the opening song that's used for many versions. I think around 3 or 4. I'm not saying Rock the Dragon is good, I don't like that song either but this is terrible. I appreciate the uniqueness of the song, it's interesting that they took a different approach and made a really happy cheerful song but it just doesn't work really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcOSNxwo ... re=related
I prefer that opening that Rock The Dragon :?

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:51 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:

... as Rock the Dragon!
Indian Style!
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash