"Remastered" movie singles canceled!?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:18 pm

SSJ Helldog wrote:I got the Trunks/Bardock steelcase, but now that I know we're getting actual 4:3 releases I've suddenly become obsessed with having everything in the proper aspect ratio. Anybody have a guess as to whether or not the TV specials will be in the series Dragon Boxes?
The Dragon Box movies are in widescreen. :P
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Velasa » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:32 pm

So why is everyone forgetting the original releases of the movies? Can't thost still be found fairly easily secondhand?
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:37 pm

Velasa wrote:So why is everyone forgetting the original releases of the movies? Can't thost still be found fairly easily secondhand?
That's what I'm wondering, as well as why guys didn't get them when they came out. I understand with SSj Rambo and any other teenagers, but all the 20+ guys I'm were a lot of guys poor or something, or had only videos and want the dvds or what?

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:40 pm

I meant the original DVD releases, that's how I own all of the movies. All of this other stuff came years afterwards.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:32 pm

Velasa wrote:I meant the original DVD releases, that's how I own all of the movies. All of this other stuff came years afterwards.
That's what I was talking about as well. Also have the original movie releases on dvd exept for 2 and 4 due to middle class folk not having dvd players in 1999 and didn't get dvd player until month after movie 4 came out.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:26 pm

Velasa wrote:So why is everyone forgetting the original releases of the movies? Can't thost still be found fairly easily secondhand?
They can be found for pennies on the dollar almost.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:19 pm

*Tires screech*

Does the GT Dragon Box have a picture of Super Saiyan 3 Goku in orange uniform (no less) on the cover? Why?

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:29 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:*Tires screech*

Does the GT Dragon Box have a picture of Super Saiyan 3 Goku in orange uniform (no less) on the cover? Why?
Uh... What does that have to do with this thread?
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:48 am

Alrighty, I was just a little confused by the last line in there. I guess you meant about not getting them when they came out because of not having a DVD player yet.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:45 am

lmao Sorry! I was on the "recent purchases" or "show off" Thread.

Let me express my emotions for THIS Thread...

Hehe...hehehe...hehehe...he-he...hehehe...ahhh

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:58 am

Honestly, it's a good thing they cancelled them.

If they were the Dragon Box footage, they would get better sales-

...........!!

Wait a minute... If they will release the Dragon Box version of "Za" Movies... will they use the same cover arts?!

That will be confusing...!!
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:03 am

They kinda used the same cover art for the Dragon Box set they're releasing (aside from a FUNimation logo and probably what shouldn't be a full-length Goku picture on the cover since the original spans much more than just these episodes), so they might try it... "Try" could also mean them doing whatever they want. I don't care what the cover art is to be honest. Would be nice, and would be nice to have the original menus and all that, but just the footage is good enough for me. I'm not expecting miracles...that being FUNimation going out of their way to do a perfect release.

james039

Post by james039 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:36 pm

This makes plenty of sense. I expect to see the Dragon Box Movies set (with all 13 DBZ films) come out, and then after that, you'll probably see singles versions of the Dragon Box versions of the movies, at which point you'll get a superior copy, and that way everyone's a winner. 8)

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:51 am

How would the singles be a superior quality over a set? It would basically be the same thing I'd say. I mean if there was one movie per disc and it would just come with 13 discs.

Come to think of it, they could just do what they did with the Double Features. There will be seven Dragon Boxes (by all logic, if they will each have 40 or more episodes) and they could release seven sets (Broly having three movies in one set and the TV specials) and have one come out with each Dragon Box. They missed the boat this time, but next time they could release movies 1 and 2 and the TV specials. That seems logical.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:57 pm

So I suppose it is safe to say the January releases of Movies Three and Four are also now canceled? http://www.rightstuf.com/rsstatic/main/ ... atalog.pdf

Woot, One Piece Season Two Fifth Voyage in January!!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:10 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:
SSJ Helldog wrote:I got the Trunks/Bardock steelcase, but now that I know we're getting actual 4:3 releases I've suddenly become obsessed with having everything in the proper aspect ratio. Anybody have a guess as to whether or not the TV specials will be in the series Dragon Boxes?
When in this post did I say anything about the movies?
Officer Hippoface sez: "I don't take kindly to vigilantes in my town."

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:51 pm

SSJ Helldog wrote:
The Tori-bot wrote:
He's saying that the movies were made for widescreen...or that they are in the original Dragon Box.

I dunno all the mumbo jumbo, but here is the Rumor tidbit on the site:

http://www.daizex.com/guides/rumors/mov ... ials.shtml

It's the first one.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:03 pm

Big Momma wrote:
SSJ Helldog wrote:
The Tori-bot wrote: The Dragon Box movies are in widescreen. :P
He's saying that the movies were made for widescreen...or that they are in the original Dragon Box.

It's the first one.
The TV specials aren't movies, though. They were never intended to be widescreen.
Officer Hippoface sez: "I don't take kindly to vigilantes in my town."

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:09 pm

SSJ Helldog wrote:
Big Momma wrote:
SSJ Helldog wrote: When in this post did I say anything about the movies?

It's the first one.
The TV specials aren't movies, though. They were never intended to be widescreen.
Crap, you're right. I keep grouping the specials with the rest of the movies. >.<

My bad, forget that. :P
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:16 pm

Good to know! X3

Dragon Box, plz.