Mike's Upcoming JPNS Toy Releases Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Son Satan
Beyond Newbie

Re: Mike's Upcoming JPNS Toy Releases Thread

Post by Son Satan » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:23 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote: Yeah, I was a little worried when I saw that shortly after I placed my order once I was aware of the restock the other day. Made me wonder if he hadn't already sold out before mine got reviewed. But, I was just charged today, so he should be shipping out sometime soon. :D
Lucky you! I didn't see StarRot's post until this afternoon, when it was already out. :x
Hopefully they'll get more in soon.
DanielGClapp wrote:Every time my dad sees anything anime, he always say "When are these goddam Japs gonna learn how to draw?".

son veku
Banned

Post by son veku » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:40 pm

is this a capsule neo figure

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:29 am

son veku wrote:Image
is this a capsule neo figure
No, that's a Bandai Imagination figure.
I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:52 am

Well, as speculated earlier, Gohan is getting a SDCC 2012 anime color repaint:

Since these repaints/rereleases are only being done as SDCC yearly, I really hope I don't have to wait until 2013 to get a Piccolo Figuarts. They should really either reissue the original, or just go ahead and release a repaint at retail. Piccolo hasn't been available on the US market anyway (now he's the only one to have only been released exclusively to the Japanese market, now that Goku and Gohan have US re-releases.)

I'd have purchased the Piccolo Figuarts from HLJ's random restock, but I lacked the funds at the time. He really needs a re-issue of some sort, whether it be a straight up restocking or a repaint.

I worry that a repaint might not come for Piccolo, as they only repainted Gohan to "go with the upcoming Cell figure". But Piccolo would go with Gohan (and the upcoming normal Goku, which I want to recreate scenes from their fight as it's one of my favorites), so I hope they don't pass up this opportunity.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Son Satan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Satan » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:01 pm

Huh, well I'm pleased to see that the repainted Gohan doesn't have that "orange"-ish tint like Vegeta, SDCC Goku and SSJ3 Goku have. I honestly think it seems more natural without it.
DanielGClapp wrote:Every time my dad sees anything anime, he always say "When are these goddam Japs gonna learn how to draw?".

son veku
Banned

Post by son veku » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:12 pm

what are the shipping rates for hlj and manderake to U.S.
and is the S.H figuarts piccolo discontinued

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:14 am

son veku wrote:what are the shipping rates for hlj and manderake to U.S.
and is the S.H figuarts piccolo discontinued
For the HLJ side of the question, they had a seemingly random restock of the figure, though I have seen some sites say it was planned restock and they actually produced more of the product. Their site says backordered, so there is a chance you could still get one if you place an order, but there is also a chance that they won't get any more of them. As for shipping, I chose SAL and it cost about $9 and took about half a month to arrive.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

son veku
Banned

Post by son veku » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:40 am

If i have achance to get this for 30 bucks should I?
Also does anyone know what SH figuart or sculture is being discontinued next.
will ss3 SH figuart be around in october? 8)

Minigt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Minigt » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:26 am

If i have achance to get this for 30 bucks should I?I've been away from the DBZ toy scene for a while but that figure i believe is worth about 20-25$.
Also does anyone know what SH figuart or sculture is being discontinued next.
will ss3 SH figuart be around in october? 8)
not sure about sculpture figures, someone here should know. SSJ 3 Goku will still be around in October but I would guess prices will creep up between now and then.
Chuncho Stretchy Pants

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:45 am

If i have achance to get this for 30 bucks should I?...
*edited to fix the quote ^_^'*

I think for $30 you shouldnt but that is just me. That looks a lot like the soft vinyl Bejito
The series overall to me is pretty bad. I did not like the material it is made of it reminds me of bath toys( A rubber duckie). I bought the Gotenks and Gogeta version of this line because there are no good figures of them and I was dissapinted to see that those ones weren't good either. The top and the bottom have to be attached(at the waist) but it is FORCED on. If you put it and take it apart too many times(2 times) the plastic has a chance of cracking where it is supposed to attack and then you will have 2 halves of a figure that only glue can save.
If that picture isn't the figure you are getting then disregard this little review/rant xD

son veku
Banned

Post by son veku » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:32 pm

What the next character Sculture and S.H figuarts will release does any one know
Also Is the piccolo sculture going anywhere soon becaus I'm not paying 100$ for that ,but I want it.
PS is the Gohan S.H worth getting because I've seen it from 150 dollars to 45
Is 45 a good investment.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:46 pm

son veku wrote:What the next character Sculture and S.H figuarts will release does any one know
Also Is the piccolo sculture going anywhere soon becaus I'm not paying 100$ for that ,but I want it.
PS is the Gohan S.H worth getting because I've seen it from 150 dollars to 45
Is 45 a good investment.
The next announced S.H Figuarts is an anime colored repaint of Gohan. So if you're wanting one you should wait until it's released, as it's going to have a better paint job than the original. THough, it may end up more in the $50 price range, as it's a SDCC "exclusive", so if you see a normal one for $45 and don't care about the paint, then that's a good deal. Any more than that, and just wait until the repaint arrives this year.

Also, after that, Cell (perfect I think) may be released, as it's been hinted at on Bluefin's Facebook page for some time now.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:17 pm

Cell would go great with that Gohan figurarts...

son veku
Banned

Post by son veku » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:22 pm

Why arent they making any Kid buu or Freeza figuarts or scultures I could care less about Cell.
What is wrong with Gohan's paint?

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:26 pm

son veku wrote:Why arent they making any Kid buu or Freeza figuarts or scultures I could care less about Cell.
What is wrong with Gohan's paint?
I want Cell. :mrgreen:

As for the paint, I think the SDCC version is looks way better than the original. Better coloring. I'm glad they're re-releasing him, because I sold the original one a couple months ago. (couldn't help cashing it in for $100) :lol:

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:28 pm

Chibi Gohan wrote:Cell would go great with that Gohan figurarts...
In the teaser for Gohan before he was revealed, they hinted that he would go great with... (then they had a smiley that looked like Cell), so surely Cell is next.

I also hope that when we get normal Goku we also get Saiyan-arc normal Vegeta.
son veku wrote:Why arent they making any Kid buu or Freeza figuarts or scultures I could care less about Cell.
Because they had a poll a while back and Cell was at the top.
son veku wrote:What is wrong with Gohan's paint?
Nothing. It's not very detailed though, and it's just that when they switched to anime colors, the paint jobs greatly improved and they now have much more shading and highlighting, as well as better overall color choices.

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:46 am

Metalwario64 wrote:
Because they had a poll a while back and Cell was at the top.
I guess I am glad they made a new Cell figure but no love for the first two forms of cell. I was hoping since I like to think of the HQ DX as the Freeza line since all of them were terrific, that they would maybe make all the forms of Cell in one series. Semi-perfect Cell's design wasn't...well..."perfect" :roll: but he still deserves a figure bigger than 3 inches high...

Does anyone know what the Sculture line is going to next? because I'd love for them to make a
-Bulma from any time period (preferably Dragon Ball) I don't like any of the ones out so I guess I'm picky
-ANDROID 17! no love for this character in the figure making world! they made a 18 and a 16 at almost the correct scale even though they are different lines but there has never been a good 17!
-A movie villains line? *dies*. They made Broly... and only Broly. I'd settle for just a Janemba and Cooler cmon xD

*btw if there is a figure of there at around HQ DX /sculture size someone could correct me here. I know cooler has a resin but it is too much for the quality.
I was going to say Buu's but they have plenty of fat buus and an HXDX super buu and a very nice kid buu resin for cheap when u look around :lol: but I'd love a line with GOTENKS SSJ OR BASE FORM, buutenks and buuhan

Also Kai Play arts has been picking up a lot of different series of figures lately. What would your views be if they came out w. that scale Dragon Ball with the same quality they have been making?

*EDIT* [ 1337 posts ] YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!(sorry)

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:57 pm

I agree with you on the Android 17 part, I've noticed that too. There are literally no DX representations of him. I had all my Androids out yesterday and I was wishing they'd make a 19 and a 17, then all the Androids would be complete. (Android 18 Pichi Pichi Gal fits in REALLY nicely with the others):

I notice Cell Arc hasn't gotten much love DX wise, and they've only scratched the surface of the Buu arc in DX representation. I thought HQDX would do it, but apparently not. Also HQDX missed Base form Vegetto, Mystic Gohan, Base form Gotenks, SSJ Gotenks, SSJ4 Goku, Omega Shenron, Super Buu (in his various outfits after absorbing Piccolo, Gotenks, and Mystic Gohan), a proper SSJ2 Goku, and Imperfect Cell/Semi Perfect Cell (I don't count the "creature" lines since even though there was a Gero in that line, SCultures redid him). Also needed would be a proper preteen SSJ2 Gohan in his Piccolo outfit with cape (only one we have is a kuji prize), Teen/Young Adult Gohan (Saiyaman Arc-ish) I GUESS you could say SCultures covered that, supreme Kai(s), King Kai... there are still many figs to see the light of day. (Roshi got his own set if you remember about 2 years ago, done by Beams). Oh how could I forget HQDX versions of Goku and Gohan in their Saiyan Combat outfits from the Hyperbolic time chamber, and also Trunks in his Saiyan outfit at max power (SSJ 1.5), and also in his SSJ base form, and Base form (Long purple hair + ponytail) for that matter (all in Saiyan outfits). I believe the closest thing we have to that in those forms are some HG gashapon, and ultimate effects figure, a digital grade and an HSCF (with long purple hair + ponytail).
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:35 pm

I'm really hoping for more SCultures figures after the Dragon Ball releases this summer....... need more characters. And there's no shortage on what they can do.

I'll expand a bit from what Raithos mentioned.

DBZ
-Trunks (Kid)
-Goten (If they can give the DX treatment to characters like Videl, I see no reason why they can't do it for Goten)

Dragon Ball
-Piccolo Daimao
-Jackie Chun
-Tenshinhan
-Early Dragonball Yamcha

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:00 pm

Oh crap I forgot that SCultures part II was focusing on Dragonball, so there's no telling what else they can do. I really hope they announce more parts soon. These affordable 20$ 20cm + figures are addicting...
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!