Mike's Upcoming JPNS Toy Releases Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:49 pm

Hey Oldphan, I keep meaning to ask you, and I can't remember if I already did ask you... are you looking forward to these Figuart figures? They look so amazing...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Vegeta, Gohan or Freeza next...

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:12 pm

Mike wrote:Yes, they recently announced a Super Saiyan Goku figure. You can see it here.
:shock: Yay!

Man I'm excited for some DB figures that have some real articulation!!!!!!

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:16 pm

Ex-Dubbie369 wrote:
Mike wrote:Yes, they recently announced a Super Saiyan Goku figure. You can see it here.
:shock: Yay!

Man I'm excited for some DB figures that have some real articulation!!!!!!
What about the Hybrid Action Figures? :?
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:55 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:What about the Hybrid Action Figures? :?
True, but I personally am a fan of bigger figures and those damn V-hip joints pissed me off.

Mike
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mike » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:21 pm

Bandai Light Up Key Chains

As far as I can tell this is an all new series of key chains by Bandai. I don't know why Goku's kamehameha is yellow instead of blue. The light up scouter on Freeza is pretty cool though.

Banpresto Kai Effect Pose

A new line by Banpresto. Each figure shows off some cool energy effects, hence the name. These are around 3 inches each and should be right around the same scale as the HG figures. I especially like the Freeza.

Series 1

Series 2

Freeza's Force

Another new series by Banpresto showcasing all of Freeza's henchmen. These around 2-3 inches tall. It is truly amazing how many obscure characters they are including here. In series one we get Freeza and his three main henchmen in addition to the Doctor. Series 2 gives us the entire Ginyu Force. Series 3 consists of Freeza in his hover chair, Freeza form 2, and Appule, Raspberry and Blueberry. The fourth series gives us Freeza's third and final form, a transformed Zarbon, and those two henchmen who destroyed Krillin and Gohan's ship. Aside from some small single color rubber figures released in Japan in the early 90s, I believe these are the ONLY other figures of Appule, the Doctor, and the 4 henchmen ever made. Best of all, they are making a Freeza spaceship vehicle as well. It looks fantastic and while not exactly to scale, it'll still be a great display piece for the figures. I can definitely see them adding a couple more series as well. We still need Oran, King Cold, Max Freeza, Cyborg Freeza, and a couple of other nameless henchmen.

-Mike

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:34 pm

That Freeza spaceship :shock: DO WANT.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Mike
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mike » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:39 pm

Banpresto DragonBall Creatures

Series 5

Series 5 has a brand new, amazingly looking Shenron as well as a rerelease of King Piccolo. I believe the Piccolo is exactly the same as the original release but he might have some slight paint varitatons.

Series 6
Series 6 features a new Freeza which is either him in mid transformation between his second and third forms or it might be a representation of Freeza's final form as imagined by Krillin. Either way it's creepy as hell. We also get a rerelease of the original third form Freeza.

Series 7

Series 7 features an all new Saichourou (Eldest Namek/Guru). He's not exactly a scary representation but he is awfully detailed and looks great. We don't get too many figures of him so this is definitely a welcome addition. Series 7 also features rerelases of Porunga and the giant ape Vegeta.

Overall it's a little disappointing to see them releasing only one new figure per series now, but as long as they keep releasing these amazingly creepy looking figures I can't complain.

-Mike

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:01 pm

Mike wrote:Bandai Light Up Key Chains

As far as I can tell this is an all new series of key chains by Bandai. I don't know why Goku's kamehameha is yellow instead of blue. The light up scouter on Freeza is pretty cool though.
Just wondering because these look so cool, when are these coming out and where could I purchase them. :)

Mike
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mike » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:17 pm

To be honest I'm not actually sure. This series is not one of the main releases or ongoing releases so I haven't been able to find much information on it. I originally found them in this ebay auction here.

They're listed as preorder as well on this site:

http://www.japan-toys.com/cgi-bin/us-go ... id=BDT-662

Oh and I just noticed but it seems like the full name of the series is DragonBall Sparking Keychain.

Once they're released it should be easier to find import sites and auctions selling them.

I hope that helped!
-Mike :)

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:34 am

Mike wrote:To be honest I'm not actually sure. This series is not one of the main releases or ongoing releases so I haven't been able to find much information on it. I originally found them in this ebay auction here.

They're listed as preorder as well on this site:

http://www.japan-toys.com/cgi-bin/us-go ... id=BDT-662

Oh and I just noticed but it seems like the full name of the series is DragonBall Sparking Keychain.

Once they're released it should be easier to find import sites and auctions selling them.

I hope that helped!
-Mike :)
Awesome thanks for the help! :)

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:34 pm

Wow, they are putting out some pretty 'dark' looking DBZ figures now; I love them...as well as Frieza's space ship.

I really hope they keep up with those RAH figures and show up who they will release after Gohan. Maybe Vegeta?

They should do all the main fighters, as those are the best figures I've ever seen. [If any better exist, do tell]

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:33 pm

They've got Kid Trunks, and yet no Goten to be seen?

Are these manufacturers on fucking crack?

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Mike
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mike » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:13 pm

While I agree with your sentiments, to be fair, Goten was previously released in both the HG 7 series and HG SP 4. (And a SS version in HG 19)

You can see all the previous serieshere.

-Mike

Kibosuru412
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kibosuru412 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:08 pm

Mike wrote:You can see all the previous serieshere.

-Mike
Hi Mike. I checked out your website. Just a questions. Aren't there 3 parts to the Bandai Mini Figures Selection series and 2 parts for the Mini Figures Selection Plus?
DBZ card collector since 1992 and Saint Seiya Myth figure collector since 2003
My Deviant Art | My Dragonball Cards YouTube | My Website

Mike
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mike » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:08 pm

Yes you are correct Kibosuru412. There are 3 series of Bandai's Monochrome Mini Figure Selection and there are 2 series of Bandai's Mini Figure Selection Plus. We have multiple editors on DragonBalltoys.com but there are so many DragonBall releases that it will take quite some time to fill all the categories of the archive. If you spot anything else incorrect or missing feel free to let us know and we'll get on it.

Bandai's Monochrome Mini Figure Selection

Series 1

Series 2

Series 3

Bandai's Mini Figure Selection Plus

Series 1

Series 2

And now for some more upcoming releases:

Banpresto HQ DX Figures

Banpresto is continuing their HQ DX statue series with a bunch of new releases. They seem to have restarted the numbering for these new Kai releases so we're back to series 1.

Series 1

Series 1 contains rereleases of Goku and Piccolo, except this time they are "special clear version" variants. They're nice I suppose but not too exciting.

Series 2

Series 2 contains a kid Gohan figure and yet another Piccolo. The kid Gohan is an all new release and looks amazing. I'm not quite sure how this Gohan will be scaled in relation to the other statues. Piccolo is sort of a new figure but is mostly composed of pieces from the last Piccolo figures. All he gets is a new head and the cape. I suppose it is a legitimate variant but they really should have given him a new pose or something.

Series 3

Series 3 contains Super Saiyan Goku, Max power Freeza and Captain Ginyu. The only new figure in this series is Ginyu. Both Goku and Freeza are rereleases with sightly new paint decos.

Series 4

Series 4 consists of Freeza's first form and Dodoria. Both figures are all new releases. It's nice to get another Dodoria and he definitely looks great. Freeza is also a winner with a nice fluid pose and that creepy smile. I really like how they have him hovering slightly with his tail wrapping around the front.

Series 5

Series 5 seems to consist of the same Freeza from series 4 and an all new Zarbon. I doubt they're planning on releasing the exact same Freeza in two consecutive series so I expect once these are released one of them will have some slight paint deco change or one will be a clear variant or something along those lines.

One Piece X DragonBall

While not technically the same series as the stuff above Banpresto is also releasing another two statues based on the One Piece and Dragonball crossover idea. You have Goku holding Luffy's magic fruit and Luffy holding a DragonBall. I don't know why Goku is missing his wrist band on his right arm. Hopefully that is something that will be corrected before these are released.

-Mike

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:32 pm

Mike wrote:Image
I understand what they're going for here but it just look like tentacles coming out of Piccolo's ass.

Mike
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mike » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:31 am

Bandai Real Works Series 9

Bandai’s latest Real Works series consists of Goku, Super Saiyan Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Freeza (form 1) plus a variant without armor and finally 100% max Freeza in his final form.

The regular Goku is a great addition to the Real Works line as we have yet to get a normal Goku in any of the past waves. We came close with the Angel Goku in series 06 and the powering up Goku in series 08 but this is the first fully standard Goku in the line. Next up we get a Super Saiyan Goku in his famous “Are you talking about Krillin?!” rage from the Freeza fight. Also included is a Vegeta in his late Namek armor. There’s not too many figures of him in this get up so definitely a welcome addition. The only problem is that from the image it looks like they’re going with a light blue jumpsuit when it really should be an extremely dark, almost black, blue. Hopefully that’s something that will be tweaked before release. We also get a Piccolo sans his cape and turban, which is a first for this line. Also included are three Freeza figures. It’s nice to see they’re including both a Freeza form 1 with armor and a variant without. Finally my favorite figure in the bunch 100% max power Freeza. Again a really nice looking figure but I think he would look even better with the clear, transparent purple parts as they did on the last Freeza release from series 4.

All in all definitely a great bunch of figures to look forward to. Hopefully some better images will surface soon!

-Mike

Mike
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mike » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:36 pm

Some new updates:

First off here's some better images of previous items on my list:

HG 23

Real Works Series 9

HSCF Series 11

And now for some new stuff:

Banpresto Creatures Series 8

Looks like they are continuing with only one new release again. This time we get a reissue of Dodoria and an all new Zarbon form 1. I think the Zarbon is the weakest figure in this series so far. He doesn't look creepy or scary at all. He just looks like a skinny Zarbon.

Banpresto Freeza Figure

A new series by Banpresto showcasing each of Freeza's forms. I absolutely love the second form figure. It looks amazing and can probably be used with many other DBZ lines for a nice massive in scale Freeza form 2.

Bandai Digital Grade Gashapon

Another all new series this time by Bandai. They've taken the already amazing HG series and upped the detail and sculpting tremendously. I think the HG gashapon are some of the best DBZ sculpts and yet these DG figures put them to shame. You can see in the comparison pics just how much sharper these new figures are. Definitely another amazing line to look forward to.

-Mike

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:09 pm

The kid Gohan is an all new release and looks amazing. I'm not quite sure how this Gohan will be scaled in relation to the other statues
That Gohan does look really good, but it is not to scale with the others. You can see how it looks in comparison in my Recent Dragon Ball purchases post, if you like.

Anyway, has anyone else noticed that HobbyLink Japan haven't been putting up images before releases lately? What's up with that?
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

DNA
I Live Here

Re: Mike's Upcoming JPNS Toy Releases Thread

Post by DNA » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:18 pm

Anyone know where to get those Bandai HG EX Trading Figures? I'm desperate for that Neiz and Dore to complete my Coola Tokusentai set. I heard they are pretty rare and expensive.