Mike's Upcoming JPNS Toy Releases Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IAmTheMilkMan
Beyond Newbie

Re: Mike's Upcoming JPNS Toy Releases Thread

Post by IAmTheMilkMan » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:43 am

All we can really do is cross our fingers and hope for the best as far as the new sculpters go. Last years first form Freeza was one of the best, in my opinion, and that was handled by a newbie, so I remain optimistic. As for Sosa, I actually wasn't a big fan of his Cell last year, but I can appreciate the different direction he was going for.
aka TheMilkmanConspiracy on IFDB
aka WhereIsTheMilkman elsewhere

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:41 am

I hardly ever see any Dragon Ball figure discussion anywhere I go these days.

Apparently at SDCC they unveiled an UI Figure-rise Standard Goku, complete with torn off shirt. Yesterday, it went up for preorder, and I'm definitely excited about this one.

The faces in particular look like a step up from most previous Figure-rise Dragon Ball kits. The upcoming DBS movie Broly also has a great looking face:

As for the Goku, the shirtless body will be perfect for customs, as my sister makes clothing for her custom dolls, so she said she'd make me some blue undershirts of the various stages of battle damage so that I can use the Figure-rise SS Goku head and have accurate depictions of specific moments of his fight with Freeza. So excited!
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:09 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:I hardly ever see any Dragon Ball figure discussion anywhere I go these days.
This thread has basically migrated over here while I keep the OP purely DBS related since this thread lost traction I have been posting regular info & allowed discussion on non DBS figures.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:35 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:I hardly ever see any Dragon Ball figure discussion anywhere I go these days.
This thread has basically migrated over here while I keep the OP purely DBS related since this thread lost traction I have been posting regular info & allowed discussion on non DBS figures.
Ah, I've been out of the loop. Thanks for that!
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash