Mike's Upcoming JPNS Toy Releases Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mike
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Mike's Upcoming JPNS Toy Releases Thread

Post by Mike » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:21 pm

They had them on angolz.com but now they're sold out. You might want to try a Japanese auction site or keep an eye on ebay. I still need that set myself.

-Mike

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:55 pm

Bollocks, these are probably going to be the hardest and most expensive figures I'll get, if I actually get them.

Tracer1
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tracer1 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:53 am

Hi newbie on this forum. Just want to know, Why is this article called "HSCF Special Collaboration Edition" --> http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/hobby_fighte ... ?mid=18928

It does look like a...

1. SS3 Goku
2. SS Trunks
3. SS3 Vegeta <-- new from HSCF series
4. SS or SS2 Broly <-- if it's a SS2 Broly, it's new from HSCF series

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:47 pm

Tracer1 wrote:Hi newbie on this forum. Just want to know, Why is this article called "HSCF Special Collaboration Edition" -->
HSCF stands for “Hi-Spec Coloring Figure”, if that’s what you meant. As for why this set is called the “Special Collaboration Edition”…beats me.
Tracer1 wrote:4. SS or SS2 Broly <-- if it's a SS2 Broly, it's new from HSCF series
It says its SSJ3 Broli. You can't really tell from the angle they have the figure at though.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Tracer1
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tracer1 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:45 pm

Herms wrote:HSCF stands for “Hi-Spec Coloring Figure”, if that’s what you meant. As for why this set is called the “Special Collaboration Edition”…beats me.
Thanks for the answer bro... I just want to know why does this called Special Collaboration Edition and what's the difference with these already released HSCFs...
ImageImage
Herms wrote:It says its SSJ3 Broli. You can't really tell from the angle they have the figure at though.
That's good... it's new to the HSCF series. Must buy for me 8)

Mike
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mike » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:15 pm

The series you posted the pic of is an all new release in the High Spec Coloring Figure line by Banpresto. It's likely called "Special Collaboration Edition" either because they're using the new made up characters from the video games (SS3 Vegeta & SS3 Broly) and/or they want to differentiate this from the main series. The regular releases are currently focusing on the Freeza stuff as that is what they're up to in DragonBall Kai.

Based on the picture, the SS3 Goku and SS Trunks figures are straight rerelease from past series. (Though they will probably have slightly different paint schemes) The SS3 Broly and SS# Vegeta are also mostly rereleases but they each have new heads.

-Mike

Tracer1
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tracer1 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:31 pm

Thanks mike for enlightening me 8)

Now there are 4 lines in the HSCF series:
1. HSCF original (Stopped)
2. HSCF OVA - based on DBZ movies (4 figures have been released), I do hope they continue this series
3. HSCF Kai - Ongoing series, released 3 waves of figures... 2 more waves are coming.
4. HSCF Special Collaboration

Mike
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mike » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:36 pm

Yes they've restarted the numbering of the figures several times in the HSCF series. For my purposes I just count them all as part of the same line.

Here's all the HSCF released so far:

Series 1

Series 2

Series 3

Series 4

Series 5

Series 6

Series 7

Series 8

Series 9

Series 10

Series 11

Series 12

Series 13

Tracer1
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tracer1 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:37 pm

I just started collecting HSCF figures November last year. That's the reason I decided only to get all the Gokus of the previous waves (01,02,09,13 & 17) thru ebay and some shops here in Singapore. But I got all of the figures from series 9-12 8)... series 13 & 14 are still not yet release

Series 14

Tracer1
Beyond Newbie

Re:

Post by Tracer1 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:06 pm

Mike wrote:Two generally great places to buy import DragonBall toys are Hobby Link Japan and angolz.com. Ebay can also be a great resource but you must be EXTREMELY cautious and wary of bootlegs. About 90% of import Dragonball items on ebay are bootlegs. You should be especially careful if you are buying from Hong Kong or China in general. Often you will see auctions with extremely low prices and relatively good looking bootlegs as well. They have gotten extremely good at making bootlegs so that it is hard to tell them from the real products.

For example:

This is an image of the authentic High Spec Coloring Figures Series 5 by Banpresto.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/ ... es05-1.jpg

Now this is an image of the bootleg version of those figures. I found this within 30 seconds of searching on ebay and sure enough the seller is located in China and had an opening bid of $0.99.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/MBL/boot.jpg

-Mike
I'm trying to get the old waves and checking out ebay... I have a question, is it safe to assume that If the item is in the Box (the box looks legit with stickers on top), then it's a legit HSCF item?

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:32 pm

I'd love to continue collecting the HSCF figures, but alas..with a car to pay off, a student loan, and my love for food. I hate chu debt!

I remember just about a few years ago when figures like the ones you can dig up with ease over at sites such as hlj, or ebay nowadays, were like finding a diamond in the rough. The quality of figures by Banpresto, and several other companies have just improves tremendously. I can't help but envy those who have just gotten into the fandom of Dragonball. Dragonbox, beautiful figures (be it small or large) complete sets of episodes, films, and manga all available at the local mall.

But, I'm deriving too far from the point of my post here :P These are awesome figures, and although I've claimed that I shouldn't be making purchases to satiate my hunger for accumulating an even larger heap of Dragonball junk ("useless clutter" as my other half has called it =[ ) I've got to get my hands on this thing!

Does anybody know where I can find this?

Also, this one is for Oldphan, or any toy knowledgable DB toy enthusiast. Are there any bobbleheads or moving Dragonball ornaments for placement in a car perhaps?

Thanks,

-Snail

Mike
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Re:

Post by Mike » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:58 pm

Tracer1 wrote:
Mike wrote:Two generally great places to buy import DragonBall toys are Hobby Link Japan and angolz.com. Ebay can also be a great resource but you must be EXTREMELY cautious and wary of bootlegs. About 90% of import Dragonball items on ebay are bootlegs. You should be especially careful if you are buying from Hong Kong or China in general. Often you will see auctions with extremely low prices and relatively good looking bootlegs as well. They have gotten extremely good at making bootlegs so that it is hard to tell them from the real products.

For example:

This is an image of the authentic High Spec Coloring Figures Series 5 by Banpresto.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/ ... es05-1.jpg

Now this is an image of the bootleg version of those figures. I found this within 30 seconds of searching on ebay and sure enough the seller is located in China and had an opening bid of $0.99.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/MBL/boot.jpg

-Mike
I'm trying to get the old waves and checking out ebay... I have a question, is it safe to assume that If the item is in the Box (the box looks legit with stickers on top), then it's a legit HSCF item?
I answered your PM with a detailed response on the auction. Generally if an item comes in its retail box, with the gold Toei sticker and looks completely legit then it probably is. From what I've observed, most bootlegs don't come in packaging resembling their official counterparts, but merely come loose or polybagged. Of course there are always exceptions and I have seen bootlegs not only mimic official packaging but do it so good that you can't tell the difference. As always, you should view the auction or items in question as whole taking into account several factors, such as the location of the seller, his feedback, whether he has other bootlegs up for sale, the price of the auction, and the quality of the figures in question.
Snail wrote: Image

Does anybody know where I can find this?

Also, this one is for Oldphan, or any toy knowledgable DB toy enthusiast. Are there any bobbleheads or moving Dragonball ornaments for placement in a car perhaps?

Thanks,

-Snail
The figures in the image is from Bandai's Imagination Petit gashapon series 1. There was also a red car variant in the same series with a number 1 on the car hood.

They still have a set of 6 for sale on angolz.com.

http://www.angolz.com/home/productDetai ... 9&catId=34

As far as bobble heads, yes there have been several DragonBall bobble heads released over the years. Here's a list of them.

Classic Collecticritters, Inc.
DBZ Bobble Heads
Series 1
1. Piccolo
2. Super Saiyan Goku
3. Super Saiyan Vegeta
*. Gold Hair SS Goku
*. Gold Hair SS Vegeta

NECA
DBGT Head Knockers
Series 1
1. Goku
2. Trunks

Bob-a-Longs
1. Super Saiyan Goku
2. Super Saiyan Gohan

Everything above are American releases.

As for Japanese releases:

Popy
Swing Heads
1. Goku
2. SS Goku
3. Vegeta
4. Trunks
5. SS Goku (Battle Damaged)
6. Majin Buu
7. Vegetto

If you're putting these on a car dash board, the only ones that I would think are feasible are the Bob-a-Longs. Everything else would be far too big and heavy. There are of course thousands of Dragonball keychains and mini-big head figures that would be perfect for putting on a car dashboard but they aren't bobbleheads.

-Mike

Tracer1
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tracer1 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:00 am

@Mike
Got your PM. Thanks 8)

Tracer1
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tracer1 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:52 pm

S.H. Figuarts vol. 1

More... Click Here

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:17 am

MOAR!!!
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:57 am

Okay, now I'll start collecting the S.H. Figuarts stuff-- especially now that they're doing One Piece too. :mrgreen:

Any word on when normal Goku is supposed to come out? (Please don't be an exclusive...!)

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:52 am

Tracer1 wrote:S.H. Figuarts vol. 1
More... Click Here
Holy shit... I should pick up Piccolo and SS Goku already...

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:32 pm

Damn they look sexy. :shock:
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:04 pm

Oooohh... S.H. Figuarts ...You know how to treat a fangirl.

Vision

Post by Vision » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:41 am

These are incredible. Way better than the MG Goku IMO. That Vegeta looks like it will be awesome, I hope it is to scale with Goku and Piccolo though.