One Step Closer to Real Scouters

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:55 pm

http://www.kopin.com/golden-i/

They just need to make it lighter so it clips to your ear and not your head and then mait it a transparent screen and we are in Scouter business.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:18 pm

We'll probably have full fledged scouters in ten years or less. You know somebody there HAS to be a Dragonball fan.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:23 pm

This is good news. :D

How far along are real-life lightsabers? 8)
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:30 pm

nathantheguitarist wrote:This is good news. :D

Swords are obsolete. I doubt much pressure is on to create a highly expensive version of a useless weapon.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:47 pm

I would adore a real life scouter. X3

It wouldn't read power levels of course, but it'd make an awesome alternative to cellphones.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:07 am

Lean over here so I can slap you for using those words in that order in relation to DBZ.

Anyway, these are certainly cool... But what are they actually supposed to do?
Last edited by Kaboom on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:12 am

SSj Kaboom wrote:
Lean over here so I can slap you for using those words in that order in relation to DBZ.
Can someone explain this quirky (and probably comedic) post to me so I can laugh at it?
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

.:PoetikaL:.
Regular

Post by .:PoetikaL:. » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:13 am

I believe it has to do with the constant use of Linkin Park music in Dragonball Z AMV's.
My Deviantart: http://poetikal.deviantart.com
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheycallmeBrod

"I beat Toguro, and after that I assumed everything else would just be a big ol' piece of cake. And then some rogue Spirit Detective has to go and open up the freakin' gates of Hell!" -Yusuke Urameshi

I think Tom Dubois of "The Boondocks" said it best for me when FUNimation announced the release of the domestic Dragonbox, after buying all of the Season Sets: "MOTHERFUCK!!! SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT, PRICKS, SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIIIIIIIT!"

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:14 am

I wonder if my power level is as high as Farmer with the Shotgun.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

russ869
Beyond Newbie

Post by russ869 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:21 pm

penguintruth wrote:I wonder if my power level is as high as Farmer with the Shotgun.
Don't kid yourself. None of us could ever rival Farmer with a Shotgun.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:27 pm

Lol.......5.

But that thing is for like UPS type people and contruction and such that cant be right at a computer all day but can still have one with them.

There is a video on that link that explains it all.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:29 pm

The only way a "power level" could be read from a distance would be if it were being used while a person was being active and the device had advanced body part recognition. For example, there are things you can punch to tell you how strong your punch is. With advanced enough technology, a "scouter" would be able to recognize parts of the body, the way the body was moving to generate force (cross-referenced with a number of fighting styles), and how fast the fist was to estimate how much power was behind that punch from a distance. Couple that with some sort of distance way of the technology guessing a person's overall health and fitness and you'd have a general idea of how hard he could hit, what martial arts styles he was using, and how much stanima he has.

It could even go as far as to make a prediction based on the guy's fitness level, overall health, size, and what fighting stance he took. Probably not the most accurate prediction, but it could very easily predict potential power before throwing the first punch. It would just depend on whether you got the reading before or during a fight in order to get the most accurate results.

It would be more similar to those cyborgs from the Street Fighter II anime movie that were monitoring the characters to find the strongest fighter, but if it was turned into a device that wrapped around the head that was attached to some sort of small computer or wirelessly transmitted to a computer that could calculate all these sophisticated things then it could be very close to what a Scouter is.

Of course, we all know that in Dragonball the Scouters were something you weren't supposed to rely on because they could very easily be fooled. Same could be said if a guy feigned weakness despite his fitness level or size and then turned around and sucker punched a guy after he got his reading.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:44 pm

Even if they made "real" scouters just for looks, I would wear it all the time.

But I swear a few years back I remember seeing one that had a tiny transucent screen on front of your eye like a computer screen.

The army has ones sort of like that for aiming guns so they dont have to have them up to their face while shooting; but I do not think they are see-through.

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:03 pm

I find this amazing and interesting to note that this is what I see after a long absense from here. I don't know what to say other than that it's awesome. Next thing we need is a ROCKET LAWN CHAIR! I do see this going somewhere, I just don't know where...since power level is a bit not realistic enough for real life lol.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

Son Goku
Regular

Post by Son Goku » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:08 pm

Rocketman wrote:

Swords are obsolete. I doubt much pressure is on to create a highly expensive version of a useless weapon.
I dunno, I saw this thing on the History Channel last night about laser weapons, and one of the guys in it was all like "LASERS ARE THE FUTURE OF WARFARE". So, y'know, adding a laser to a sword wouldn't be that much of a stretch. :P

.:PoetikaL:.
Regular

Post by .:PoetikaL:. » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:57 pm

Son Goku wrote:
Rocketman wrote:

I dunno, I saw this thing on the History Channel last night about laser weapons, and one of the guys in it was all like "LASERS ARE THE FUTURE OF WARFARE". So, y'know, adding a laser to a sword wouldn't be that much of a stretch. :P
That screams out this:

Beam swords are the future!
My Deviantart: http://poetikal.deviantart.com
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheycallmeBrod

"I beat Toguro, and after that I assumed everything else would just be a big ol' piece of cake. And then some rogue Spirit Detective has to go and open up the freakin' gates of Hell!" -Yusuke Urameshi

I think Tom Dubois of "The Boondocks" said it best for me when FUNimation announced the release of the domestic Dragonbox, after buying all of the Season Sets: "MOTHERFUCK!!! SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT, PRICKS, SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIIIIIIIT!"

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:55 am

I reckon Farmer With Shotgun would have a pretty high level for a human... someone who works all day the way he was would build up a lot of strength! Even if he was kind of a fatty.... so was Buu!
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Lightsabers: That Technology of Starwars special (on the History channel?) implied that we could make lightsabers now... they'd just require a building-sized hilt. :?
Lasers as the future of warfare confuses me, somehow.

If the electricity in one's body is anything close to a hint at powerlevel... there's ... ways to measure that.
It's pretty much the main atraction for getting me to the MidAmerica Science museum... To like... compare "power levels". (My father does in fact phrase it like that. :D ).
... And yeah, by that reasoning, the most powerful person in the family is the youngest, who happens to be the fattest and ick-sweatiest. Yay electrolites?
(I'm second, though! :P. )
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

ssjcj
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjcj » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:58 pm

Well they designed flip phones from Star Trek and we already have toy scouters. That would be so cool if scouters were actually made.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:52 am

Pfft... Someone call me when they make real life capsule. Oh and don't be wise guy and say "they already have," and show me a picture of a real capsule. You now darn well what I mean.