A Punch to the Gut!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

A Punch to the Gut!

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:21 pm

You know... Dragon Ball got a lot of hard blows to the guts and they look really painful...!!

What were your favorites?

My favorites are Goku's Super Gung-Fu-esque punch at Piccolo!

Just look at how deep it went! And Piccolo's bug-eyes tells how painful it felt!

And my most favorite one is Vegeta's Super hardcore punch on Kiwi in the anime ((It wasn't that impressive in the manga))!!

So hardcore that it made Kiwi's guts burst outside his body ((Much to Kunzait_83's joy :lol: ))!! And Kai didn't censor it!!!

My runner up is another Vegeta one, and that is the one before he blows Zarbon up.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:28 pm

There were all from Z, but Meri's picks waaaaaaaay back when on the podcast:

http://www.daizex.com/general/podcast/m ... d.shtml#24
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:30 pm

To be honest... the moment I saw your name as the first reply, I thought I did something wrong! :shock:
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Nils_McCloud

Post by Nils_McCloud » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:34 pm

Jinzo-Ningen #17 vs Piccolo Daimao.

At one point during the battle in the anime, it was one shot after another of close-ups showing their fists bulging out of their backs.

I thought that was just cheesy as hell, but that wasn't the only time it happened in the Dragon Ball series.

Also, not to mention Movie 02, where Goku kills one of Uiro's minions by stretching his stomach over MILES, before finally piercing it.

EDIT: Also, I never saw that shot of Kui getting gutted O.O. Wasn't he "Shoddy Fireworks"-ed by Vegeta?

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:11 pm

Meta-Cooler vs. Super Saiyan Son Goku from DBZ Movie 6: Return Of Cooler. It just looked like an epic gut-wrenching hit. Cooler suddenly vanished, and then the moment later you saw him slamming his fist into Goku's stomach and you could see the bulge of Goku's back as a result of the punch. And then next Goku's pained expression. A truly painful hit.
Nils_McCloud wrote:Also, I never saw that shot of Kui getting gutted O.O. Wasn't he "Shoddy Fireworks"-ed by Vegeta?
In the manga, it is shown that Vegeta punched Kiwi in the gut before knocking him into the sky and making him explode.

In the anime, Vegeta does punch Kiwi in the stomach, although I think in some versions they censored it. So you probably watched the censored version of that scene.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:33 pm

The Goku/Piccolo gut punch looked like Toriyama had a Bruce Lee movie on in the background while drawing that panel.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:46 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:In the anime, Vegeta does punch Kiwi in the stomach, although I think in some versions they censored it. So you probably watched the censored version of that scene.
Strangly, the Arabic dub left it intact, yet, they edited out Vegeta's knee slam on Goku.
My Anime List
My Manga List

Nils_McCloud

Post by Nils_McCloud » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:02 pm

Also another one: at one point during the SSJ4 Goku vs Golden Oozaru Bebi fight, the latter slammed his fist down on Goku, causing him to barf up probably a gallon of blood.

That was just nasty :lol: .

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:30 pm

My favorite is Goku's punch to Vegeta's gut during their first battle, because it just looks so utterly painful, both to his body and his pride. That look on Vegeta's face is priceless.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Freeza Heika
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Freeza Heika » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:35 pm

Does the Toei Punch count? It went through him,, so isn't it more like the Toei Impalement?
My Super Awesome GT Origins Idea
"さあ、お前の罪を数えろ!"
"SuperSaiyan3Goku, give me all your breasts."

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:41 pm

Freeza Heika wrote:Does the Toei Punch count? It went through him,, so isn't it more like the Toei Impalement?
I totally glossed over the movies!

There were two punches in Movie 9 went through to the back! The first was Trunks/Gokua and the second was Gohan/Bojack.
My Anime List
My Manga List

Tenshinhan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenshinhan-san » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:20 pm

How about this one? You can get a better feel of it in the anime, but the original works as well...

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:32 pm

Tenshinhan-san wrote:How about this one? You can get a better feel of it in the anime, but the original works as well...
Like thus?

Krakabeast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Krakabeast » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:01 pm

The scene in Movie 8 right before Goku gets all the energy from his buddies. Broly gives Goku a few good punches into his ribs while fighting between a boulder, and there's a few frames where Goku looks like he just received the beating of his life.

These aren't really my most favorite punches, but to me, are the most memorable.
Gohan: At least he doesn't have his sword out anymore.
Kuririn: Yeah, and your dad put his finger away too.

Amigo Ten
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Amigo Ten » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:34 pm

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:39 pm

Super Vegeta's epic gutpunch on Semi-perfect Cell (2nd stage) was so hard that Cell's reaction to pain was diminished for the first instant, leaving his facial expression in a blank, surprised state, as if he didn't even have time to react to the abnormal amount of pain and suffering.
That punch went deep.

Also, Piccolo and Android 17's gutpunches. Classic.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:57 pm

Amigo Ten wrote:Image
Beautiful. I vote for this one.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:05 pm

Kendamu wrote:The Goku/Piccolo gut punch looked like Toriyama had a Bruce Lee movie on in the background while drawing that panel.
He probably did.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:45 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Amigo Ten wrote:Image
Beautiful. I vote for this one.
Seconded.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:50 pm

What about Goku's punch to Nappa's gut or his elbow to Reacoome's gut? Anyone a fan of those?
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co