Madman / Pioneer / FUNimation Box Sets (Wanted)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

hunterxhunter21
Beyond Newbie

Re: Madman / Pioneer / FUNimation Box Sets (Wanted)

Post by hunterxhunter21 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:12 am

I know they have a few sets at this used dvd place near my house. I can run their and see what they have and the price. Then if you want to pay me back plus pay shipping ill pick them up for you.
Dragon Ball Famicon/Super Famicom game scans : HERE

Namek'jin Ryu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namek'jin Ryu » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:03 pm

That'd be greatly appreciated, Hunter. :)
100th Post: October 22, 2006 @ 1:58 pm

Spike_86

Post by Spike_86 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:30 pm

Interested in my Madman Dragon Ball sets? The two big sets that is.

Namek'jin Ryu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namek'jin Ryu » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:05 pm

Spike_86 wrote:Interested in my Madman Dragon Ball sets? The two big sets that is.
Not necessarily, but send pics my way. I could be persuaded.

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:41 am

I don't have the box sets, but I do have every single from all the sagas you listed. Heck, I have the whole series of Funimation single releases on a small book shelf. That means no second half of Saiyan Saga and no Namek Saga. I have everything from Ginyu - Kid Buu. All in perfect condition, no disc scratches, all adult owned. Been thinking for a while what to do with them now that I have the Dragonbox sets. I know you wanted the boxes for the sagas, but to be honest, very few of the boxes were actually that, most of them were flimsy folded over half plastic things. I know this because I think I got the Majin Buu saga in a "box set". Been so long ago it is hard to remember, but I remember being severely disappointed with the "box" and realizing that they weren't worth pursuing for the rest of the sagas.

Not sure if it would be better to sell my singles individually, or wait until someone wants the whole lot. I remember when I sold off my VHS tapes of DBZ I got stuck with a dozen or so random tapes because I let people pick and choose and piece it out. I also have the whole set of the steel book movies on DVD, looking to sell those to someone who wants the whole set because I later bought the same thing on Blu-ray.

Planning to keep all my Movie Singles though, I like that set for some reason.
"Of" =/= "Have"

Contractions:
-Should have = Should've
-Could have = Could've
-Would have = Would've

The heck does "should of" even mean anyway? Think about what those two words mean individually, and then try to read them back to back in a sentence and make sense of it. Are you forming a prepositional phrase, is "should" a part of a larger grouping, or are you just typing random words based on how you think you hear them used verbally? Perhaps take a moment to contemplate this, and see if it becomes as mind jarring for you to look at as it does for me..

hunterxhunter21
Beyond Newbie

Post by hunterxhunter21 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:31 am

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you Namek'jin Ryu. I did check that used dvd store and they no longer had the sets they had. Ill keep an eye out next time I'm in tghere.
Dragon Ball Famicon/Super Famicom game scans : HERE

Namek'jin Ryu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namek'jin Ryu » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:41 am

Akira wrote:I don't have the box sets, but I do have every single from all the sagas you listed. Heck, I have the whole series of Funimation single releases on a small book shelf. That means no second half of Saiyan Saga and no Namek Saga. I have everything from Ginyu - Kid Buu. All in perfect condition, no disc scratches, all adult owned. Been thinking for a while what to do with them now that I have the Dragonbox sets. I know you wanted the boxes for the sagas, but to be honest, very few of the boxes were actually that, most of them were flimsy folded over half plastic things. I know this because I think I got the Majin Buu saga in a "box set". Been so long ago it is hard to remember, but I remember being severely disappointed with the "box" and realizing that they weren't worth pursuing for the rest of the sagas.
If you do decide to sell your singles, individually, let me know. I'd be interested in the Ginyu and Frieza saga's, as well as a few Cell Game DVD's.
hunterxhunter21 wrote:Sorry for taking so long to get back to you Namek'jin Ryu. I did check that used dvd store and they no longer had the sets they had. Ill keep an eye out next time I'm in there.
That's all I could ask. :) I thank you for taking your time to check.

Namek'jin Ryu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namek'jin Ryu » Sun May 25, 2014 2:36 am

Well guys seeing as how I just recently was able to get my hands on the Ginyu and Frieza DVD's, I'm back to see if anyone could help me complete my old-school DVD collection? I'm now down to only needing five saga's and have updated the first post with which they are.