Dragon Box 2 And Dragon Ball Season 3 Cover Art.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:45 am

I probably would've put Frieza on there, but Vegeta's badassery was one of the main reasons I love the Namek saga so I'm not complaining.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:51 am

In the end, nobody is truly right about who should be on there. The only true answer is the character who owned the saga. The crab.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

OutlawTorn
Regular

Post by OutlawTorn » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:53 am

Shiyonasan wrote:I don't know, they might be able to pull off the 2 TV specials on that set....
I actually wouldn't be surprised if the specials were included in a movies Dragon Box. Or, perhaps, they will be included in one of the seven volumes when they reach the point where they were originally broadcast.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:56 am

OutlawTorn wrote:
Shiyonasan wrote:I don't know, they might be able to pull off the 2 TV specials on that set....
I actually wouldn't be surprised if the specials were included in a movies Dragon Box. Or, perhaps, they will be included in one of the seven volumes when they reach the point where they were originally broadcast.
I agree that it's a lot more likely that they will end up in a movie set.

I mean, so far (aside from the GT special), they've appeared in the movie line of releases, rather than the sets themselves.
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:56 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S THE WRONG COVER!!!!!

THEY RUINED THE PERFECTNESS OF THE RELEASE!!!!!!!!

Oh, stop whining and be gratfull the release is not cancelled......... yet!! :x

------------

You think it's bad? Because over here, we have a pile of poop. :lol:
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:59 am

Obviously, Appule should have been on the cover. With Kiwi. And the giant crab.

But I'll accept Vegeta.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:00 am

OutlawTorn wrote:I actually wouldn't be surprised if the specials were included in a movies Dragon Box. Or, perhaps, they will be included in one of the seven volumes when they reach the point where they were originally broadcast.
Well, then the first (Bardock) TV special should be on this Dragon Box, as it falls between episodes 63 & 64. Though I think if it were going to be on this set, they'd tell us since I'm sure that would get a lot more people to buy it. I'd be very surprised if it was included on this set. Not that I wouldn't like to see it on the set right after episode 63, where it belongs, but I highly doubt they'll include it here. At the end of the last Dragon Box? Maybe. On a "Features" Dragon Box? More than likely, yes.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:03 am

Let's hope FUNimation remembers it being a TV Special and not a Movie.

Let's hope...
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:18 am

I think the problem with the TV specials is that they just re-released them in "remastered" singles, and don't want to cut into their own profit margins. I'll bet they'll be in the DBox movies... which will probably be the debut of uncut DB movie 1, forcing me to rebuy every other movie and special just to get it.

Maybe if we're lucky they'll sweeten the deal with the 2008 special or the Playdia OVA.
Officer Hippoface sez: "I don't take kindly to vigilantes in my town."

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:45 am

SSJ Helldog wrote:Maybe if we're lucky they'll sweeten the deal with the 2008 special or the Playdia OVA.
Or Dragonball Evolution. :twisted:
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

G1Ravage
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by G1Ravage » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:05 am

penguintruth wrote:Obviously, Appule should have been on the cover. With Kiwi. And the giant crab.

But I'll accept Vegeta.
LOL Giant enemy crab on the cover.

Honestly though, while I think having Vegeta on the cover of the second box is fine, it shouldn't be an image of Vegeta that's from later in the series, wearing completely different armor. Of course, this is a catch-22, since that image WAS appropriate on the Japanese Dragon Box, since it covered a lot more ground, and FUNi is doing as they should, and is using the original box's artwork for their own.

Similarly, I feel Vegeta on the second box is acceptable because Vegeta plays a big role in these episodes, and the Freeza fight won't be anywhere near finished at the end of this set, so FUNi can easily use the Freeza image on the cover of the third set. But the image would be of form one Freeza, rather than form four, but there wasn't any image of form four Freeza on the Japanese set.

So in the end, it doesn't matter, and we'll all be very happy regardless. At least it's not a screen cap.

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:13 am

penguintruth wrote:I like it. Vegeta looks a little different than usual, but its a good different.

I hope Freeza is on the third box, though.
I think it will, they're only using DBOX art so yea it'll be on at least ONE box.

SSJ Son Goku will be on the fourth than Cell as the fifth.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:34 am

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:39 am

Aaaah, I was hoping it'd be another way around, oh well, I love this pic of Vegeta and can't wait to get the set!
SHINOBI-03 wrote:Let's hope FUNimation remembers it being a TV Special and not a Movie.

Let's hope...
Did they ever refer to it as a movie? Though they definitely called it a "Feature".

Hao_Kaiser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Hao_Kaiser » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:19 am

Hujio wrote:
Hao_Kaiser wrote:Ah, yeah, I forgot that there's a chance they won't put him on the spine, since they apparently have all of the individual art assets.
Well that's news to me. Since when was it decided he might not be on the spine art? If he's not there, then it's just gonna be a big empty space after Goku. Besides, Gohan's on the DVD books too, so I would think they have to have his individual artwork. I guess time will tell, but I always assumed he'd be included because with him there exactly seven individual pieces of character art that appeared on the original Z Dragon Boxes.
Dammit, Hujio! Stop making me look like a fool! :D

Yeah... I assumed that if Gohan was on the spine, they wouldn't put him on the cover of a box.

Because I am an idiot...

... And totally forgot that the art of Goku is used on both the spine and the cover of box one.

^^;

I really need to stop posting when I'm tired. Hahaha
[quote="Kunzait_83, on FUNimation's dub of [i]Dragon Ball Z[/i]"]"ACTION!!! EXTREME!!! AMERICAN!!!! PUNCHES TO THE HEAD!!! FUCK YEAH!!!"[/quote]
On [url=http://twitter.com/joey_blanton]my Twitter[/url], postin' some mad tweets.

Jon Jon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jon Jon » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:45 am

I'm really loving these! I am loving these more so because I love Vegeta XD.

I do expect the creepy Freeza picture to be on the third volume, especially considering that most of that volume will consist of the battle with him lol.

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:52 am

Holy shit, I just realized SSJ2 Gohan isn't on the Japanese Dragonboxes. That's just wrong man!

If I were FUNimation the following would have made perfect sense IMHO.

Box1: Normal Goku
Box2: Freeza + Piccolo
Box3: SSJ Goku
Box4: Vegeta
Box5: Cell + some art of (SSJ1/SSJ2) Gohan taken form the R2 DVD
Box6: Some Buu art from the R2 DVD
Box7: SSJ 3 Goku from the R2 DVD ??

Only now I realize that it kind of bugs me FUNimation is going for a single character per box. In stead of the same art on the front and the back of the box, why not different ones? Oh well, no point in nagging about it now.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:00 am

Wait did we get a release date for the second Dragonbox yet?
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:07 am

NeptuneKai wrote:Wait did we get a release date for the second Dragonbox yet?
Release date and then some.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Y ... 15_product

Febuary 16th.

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:04 pm

As I did last time, I made a straight Mock-up of the DBox 2 Cover, so we can have a front shot without the weird perspective.

Also, since people liked it Last time, I made a wallpaper out of it. Let me know if anyone wants custom dimensions and/or custom text on the blank spots.