Dragon Box 2 And Dragon Ball Season 3 Cover Art.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:04 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:He probably simply can't switch audio, and since he already dislikes the Japanese version, then well, there's no reason for him to even own it, because it's nothing but shit to him.
Highly unlikely. Odds are, judging from Krycek's account of his behavior... he's just a tasteless idiot.
Sounded to me like the guy had no idea how DVDs work, think about it, most people don't actually know it's possible to have TWO audio tracks, as well as two video tracks and even subtitles.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:09 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:Maybe he doesn't have a working DVD remote, and most DVD players only have the skip, play/pause, and stop buttons on them, while everything else needs a remote. Maybe he just can't change the audio. That's why I don't watch the Dragon Box on one of my DVD players anymore, at least until I buy some new batteries - because I can't switch it to the dub, wheras with the remastered sets, if my remote isn't working, who gives a fuck, the dub is the first option anyway. He probably simply can't switch audio, and since he already dislikes the Japanese version, then well, there's no reason for him to even own it, because it's nothing but shit to him.
It's like a taste of what myself and others have dealt with for years.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:09 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:He probably simply can't switch audio, and since he already dislikes the Japanese version, then well, there's no reason for him to even own it, because it's nothing but shit to him.
Highly unlikely. Odds are, judging from Krycek's account of his behavior... he's just a tasteless idiot.
Oh fuck. I really want to say something about everything wrong about this statement, but that's probably not a good idea. :?
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:13 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote:
Oh fuck. I really want to say something about everything wrong about this statement, but that's probably not a good idea. :?
Assuming Kaboom meant he was tasteless because he didn't like the original Japanese...which I'm sure that's not what he meant. :wink:
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:18 pm

"I paid for an American product, not some shitty girly Japanese voices"
^ The "tasteless" part, though I suppose "ignorant" or "borderline racist" could apply, too.

And "idiot" because he's too dumb to realize that there IS an English track on the discs.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:25 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
"I paid for an American product, not some shitty girly Japanese voices"
^ The "tasteless" part, though I suppose "ignorant" or "borderline racist" could apply, too.

And "idiot" because he's too dumb to realize that there IS an English track on the discs.
Yep. This.

To be honest, though, if I hadn't stumbled upon my first GT DVD back in 8th grade, I probably wouldn't have known about separate audio tracks for a while.

But as for the rest...yeah, he's a douche.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:26 pm

And with that taken care of, I think we oughta get a little more back on-topic. Though I'm not sure how.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:43 pm

Vegeta isn't cross eyed this time!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:54 am

I'm still waiting on Season 2 to hit Wal-Mart....eh, I guess it's not gonna happen by now. Any particular reason why Season 1 got to Wal-Mart late in the first place?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:01 am

Big Momma wrote:I'm still waiting on Season 2 to hit Wal-Mart....eh, I guess it's not gonna happen by now. Any particular reason why Season 1 got to Wal-Mart late in the first place?
Depending where you live? My Wal-Mart has both Season 1 and 2, and today they where both $20 each.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:24 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Big Momma wrote:I'm still waiting on Season 2 to hit Wal-Mart....eh, I guess it's not gonna happen by now. Any particular reason why Season 1 got to Wal-Mart late in the first place?
Depending where you live? My Wal-Mart has both Season 1 and 2, and today they where both $20 each.
Ah, I see. Mine only has Season 1. I was just there last night.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:22 am

Castor Troy wrote:Dammit, I'll just have to buy a dragonbox for everyone who doesn't buy one. :?
Would you please? :)
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:32 am

sooo sidestepping the goopy part, I'd like to comment on the price reduction. You guys do realize that it may have absolutely NOTHING to do with the sales good or bad. GoC pointed out that FUNi was cutting prices all over the place.

This sounds more like trying to correct for the bad economy in general, not poor sales of a specific product, especially given Dragon Box One is still the same price. Hell, I've been unemployed since July, so if it's cheaper I might be able to get it as a pre order christmas gift of mercy or something.
-Laserkid

fig404
Beyond Newbie

Post by fig404 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:15 am

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/9739/illcrushit.png
So, I'm guessing that this didn't make it into the US Dragon Box.

Also, I've never seen a photo of the figure. Has anyone here stumbled upon it?

Greenman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Greenman » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:11 am

Kanzentai has some pictures of it in the DVD guide page.

Image Image

fig404
Beyond Newbie

Post by fig404 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:45 am

Oh, thank you.

EDIT: I suppose I should say something more to the point of the topic.

The Dragon Box art is terrible. Why is Vegeta jutting his neck forward? His face is morphed, and his pose is just awkward.
I don't know whether its just the style that doesn't work, or that its just flat-out a bad drawing. The ink and color job is good, though.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:53 am

Yeah, Vegeta's face just looks...off. I mean sure, say what you will about Cross-Eyed Vegeta on Season 1, but at least it still looked like Vegeta.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:09 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:Yeah, Vegeta's face just looks...off. I mean sure, say what you will about Cross-Eyed Vegeta on Season 1, but at least it still looked like Vegeta.
Just another reason not to buy that stupid set other then those pussy ass girl voices the Japanese version has.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:46 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:Yeah, Vegeta's face just looks...off. I mean sure, say what you will about Cross-Eyed Vegeta on Season 1, but at least it still looked like Vegeta.
I wouldn't say Vegeta's face looks off, he looks like he's about to fight someone. He just seems really confident. I really like the box art.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:57 pm

Didn't they take that picture of Vegeta from the upper lefthand corner of the cover of DBZ Legends? Maybe adapting it into a full-blown cover made it look funny?
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.