Dragon Box 2 And Dragon Ball Season 3 Cover Art.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:59 pm

Herms wrote:Didn't they take that picture of Vegeta from the upper lefthand corner of the cover of DBZ Legends? Maybe adapting it into a full-blown cover made it look funny?
I think they're talking about the DBoxZ 2 cover, I don't know what they mean when they say it looks off though, it looks perfect.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:05 pm

Herms wrote:Didn't they take that picture of Vegeta from the upper lefthand corner of the cover of DBZ Legends? Maybe adapting it into a full-blown cover made it look funny?
You're thinking of the picture of Vegeta on the cover of the FuniBox's Dragon Book.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Xane
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Xane » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:07 pm

Oh, awesome. I had no idea these were coming out, and I just finished buying all the Dragon Box singles. D:

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:21 pm

SSJSteve wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:Yeah, Vegeta's face just looks...off. I mean sure, say what you will about Cross-Eyed Vegeta on Season 1, but at least it still looked like Vegeta.
I wouldn't say Vegeta's face looks off, he looks like he's about to fight someone. He just seems really confident. I really like the box art.
It just looks like a different art style. Not Toriyama-esque.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Ultimate_DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ultimate_DB_Fan » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:56 pm

SSJSteve wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:Yeah, Vegeta's face just looks...off. I mean sure, say what you will about Cross-Eyed Vegeta on Season 1, but at least it still looked like Vegeta.
I wouldn't say Vegeta's face looks off, he looks like he's about to fight someone. He just seems really confident. I really like the box art.
The box-art for volume 2 looks way better than that of the first set. I would've prefered for Vegeta to be in the Namek-clothing he wore during his fight against Freeza, as it would've made more sense, I think. I'm okay with it, though.

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:16 am

Ultimate_DB_Fan wrote:I would've prefered for Vegeta to be in the Namek-clothing he wore during his fight against Freeza, as it would've made more sense, I think. I'm okay with it, though.
Yeah me too, but I'm guessing FUNimation are trying to make their Dragon Boxes exactly like the Japanese ones.

Gotham22
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gotham22 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:04 am

Great, Vegeta looks awesome on the cover and so does Roshi.

Vegeta1984
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegeta1984 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:41 pm

Here are my DBOX banners. I had to make Vegeta's an extreme close up because Vegeta's arm would have been cut off...

XBox Live GamerTag - PSYCHO50501
http://www.facebook.com/daniel.j.williams3
BATMAN ARKHAM CITY - October 18, 2011

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:48 am

Hmm, has it been confirmed that Dragon Box Freeza will be the cover image for FUNiBox 3? I mean, I've assumed it will ever since Vegeta was touted for the second cover, but has there been an official announcement?

As for the image of Vegeta... eh, I like it, but I would have preferred it to have been a more... timely picture of him. Then again, hard to complain about that since Goku in Volume 1, both in the animation style and gi, didn't match what he looked like at that point in the series. Can't blame the original Dragon Box for that too much either since it went through half the series. Eh. Small nitpick. Doesn't bother me too much. The picture of Vegeta is growing on me.

I'm just glad it was Goku on Volume 1 and Vegeta on Volume 2, not the other way around like it was on the big orange bricks. Granted, that was the least of my complaints with those (although at least the image of Vegeta was accurate to the time period), but it always annoys me when companies pander their products in line with the most popular character over the actual main character (Fonzie over Richie, Kelso over Eric, etc.).

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:23 am

On the thought of Android Saga Vegeta being on the cover for the Namek Saga episodes:

It's Funimation. Something has to make no sense.
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:52 am

The Time Traveller wrote:I think they're talking about the DBoxZ 2 cover,

Oh, that's very different [/Gilda Radner].
I don't know what they mean when they say it looks off though, it looks perfect.
Me either.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Greenman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Greenman » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:38 am

Gaffer Tape wrote:Hmm, has it been confirmed that Dragon Box Freeza will be the cover image for FUNiBox 3? I mean, I've assumed it will ever since Vegeta was touted for the second cover, but has there been an official announcement?
There has been no official confirmation. It's just assumed that Freeza is going to be on Dragon Box Three because it's that last Box that he'd make sense on in terms of episode content.

Vegeta1984
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegeta1984 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:58 pm

I'm glad everyone likes them, I made the other 2 banners looks like the close up Dragon Box 2 Vegeta one.... I will post em later on...
XBox Live GamerTag - PSYCHO50501
http://www.facebook.com/daniel.j.williams3
BATMAN ARKHAM CITY - October 18, 2011

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:03 pm

nathantheguitarist wrote:On the thought of Android Saga Vegeta being on the cover for the Namek Saga episodes:

It's Funimation. Something has to make no sense.
What about Namek arc Goku on the box containing the Saiyan arc? :P

Armymanis
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Armymanis » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:56 pm

Guys, they just lowered the Price to $53 instead of $79! I am so glad I did not waste $79 on pre-ordering the DVD set yet.

OutlawTorn
Regular

Post by OutlawTorn » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:26 pm

Amazon.ca just reduced the set to $48.99 from $62.99 after having briefly raised it to $65.99. Thankfully Amazon's pre-order guarantee gives me the lowest price.

Dragon Box 1 has also been reduced a few dollars to $59.99

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:47 pm

I just noticed AxelMusic have added the Dragon Box Z Volume 2 to their site. I know a few people on the forum pre-ordered from the site, so if anyone is interested here's a link:

http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/704400022418

Price: £27.42 ($44.69) :)

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:28 am

Speculation Time:

Vol. 1 of the Dragon Box got the One-Star Ball on the spine.

What will they do for the second?
  • 1- Will leave the ball as it is?
    2- Will replace it with the Two-Star Ball and will do the same with each corresponding volume?
    3- Will place the Two-Star Ball above or below the One-Star Ball till we get all the seven balls in the seventh and final volume?
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:33 am

SHINOBI-03 wrote:Speculation Time:

Vol. 1 of the Dragon Box got the One-Star Ball on the spine.

What will they do for the second?
  • 1- Will leave the ball as it is?
    2- Will replace it with the Two-Star Ball and will do the same with each corresponding volume?
    3- Will place the Two-Star Ball above or below the One-Star Ball till we get all the seven balls in the seventh and final volume?
There's clearly a Two Star ball on the spine.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:42 am

Nevermind then. :P
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?