Dragonball Parodies and Homages

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:04 pm

Tsukento wrote:
Khalid Shahin wrote:You mean less funny? :|
No, I'd say he's right on the "Family Guy funny."

As in, really not funny at all.

Ye gods, that was terrible.
I thought it was a good laugh. The voices were horrible and everything was all screwy.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:47 pm

the_abberration
Regular

Post by the_abberration » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:12 am

Momonari Junta from DNA^2 (Squared) = A cross between Goku and Yugioh.
1 Corinthians 13: When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Except the anime. Never the anime.

"Look. I'm not allowed to hold you, but I'm sworn to protect you"-Sergeant Hatred

The Lineup: Danger Mouse

DBZGokuSaiyan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZGokuSaiyan » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:12 am

Shiyonasan wrote:I remember someone posted a long ago on these forums a music video of a band which used Dragon Ball Z clips along with the band performing the song (not live). Does anyone remember that?
Teehee, thank you. That would happen to be me, kind fellow. :P It was "F" by a J-Rock band called Maximum the Hormone. Just for ol' time's sake, I'll post the link again. :lol: And for those of you that haven't seen/listened to it already, here's your chance to witness this bad-ass song. 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anw6b4Eo ... re=related

And on a semi-related note, the lead singer's vocals during the chorus (when the band starts saying "Frieza! Frieza! Frieza! Frieza!") reminds me of FUNi dub King Kai's voice. :D I'm sorry if I killed any of your kittens with that last comment. :(
Get Sponsored. Give Back.

SocialVibe

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:35 am

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:56 am

DBZGokuSaiyan wrote:Teehee, thank you. That would happen to be me, kind fellow. :P It was "F" by a J-Rock band called Maximum the Hormone. Just for ol' time's sake, I'll post the link again. :lol: And for those of you that haven't seen/listened to it already, here's your chance to witness this bad-ass song. 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anw6b4Eo ... re=related
Err... are you sure it's OK to post the whole song here?!

And... didn't we had like two similer topics?!

http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=10859

http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=8934
@.:PoetikaL:. Your signature reminded me of another thing from the Ryusei Nakao episode of Gintama. That line is parodied! Daraku (Nakao's character) hates people who get in the way of work, people who don't wash their hands after using the restroom, & people who have wavy hair. Gintoki possesses all three traits.

Was that line in the original?! I thought it was one of FUNimation's usuall lame-assed dub jokes!!
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

.:PoetikaL:.
Regular

Post by .:PoetikaL:. » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:14 am

@Shinobi: I just remember hearing it in the show, like I said though, I can't remember which episode.
My Deviantart: http://poetikal.deviantart.com
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheycallmeBrod

"I beat Toguro, and after that I assumed everything else would just be a big ol' piece of cake. And then some rogue Spirit Detective has to go and open up the freakin' gates of Hell!" -Yusuke Urameshi

I think Tom Dubois of "The Boondocks" said it best for me when FUNimation announced the release of the domestic Dragonbox, after buying all of the Season Sets: "MOTHERFUCK!!! SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT, PRICKS, SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIIIIIIIT!"

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:34 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:Was that line in the original?! I thought it was one of FUNimation's usuall lame-assed dub jokes!!
That line was not in the original, no.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:36 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
SHINOBI-03 wrote:Was that line in the original?! I thought it was one of FUNimation's usuall lame-assed dub jokes!!
That line was not in the original, no.
It's not even in the Season Two "Ultimate Uncut" dub.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Dr. Casey » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:03 pm

Seitokai no Ichizon bashes Evolution within the first minute of the first episode. Best series ever.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:31 pm

In the south park movie when Cartmen is singing about Kyle's mom he calls her "a big kamehameha bitch."

Also if you ever watched Grounded for life(and I wish I could find the episode but), In one episode the middle son and his father were in a comic shop that had Dragonball Z mangas in the background. Its not really a tribute but I thought it was a cool Easter egg.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:03 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:In the south park movie when Cartmen is singing about Kyle's mom he calls her "a big kamehameha bitch."
I thought it was Super King Kamehameha Bitch, not at all referencing the series, but King Kamehameha.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:20 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:
SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:In the south park movie when Cartmen is singing about Kyle's mom he calls her "a big kamehameha bitch."
I thought it was Super King Kamehameha Bitch, not at all referencing the series, but King Kamehameha.
Eeeeeyup.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:24 pm

I listened again and your right, it was "Super King Kamehameha Bitch" but looking at the year the movie was released(1999) and the fact that Trey and Matt love to make pop culture references its hard to say this wasn't directed at Dragonball. Maybe it was both...I'd like to think it was anyway. :lol:
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:25 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:
I listened again and your right, it was "Super King Kamehameha Bitch" but looking at the year the movie was released(1999) and the fact that Trey and Matt love to make pop culture references its hard to say this wasn't directed at Dragonball. Maybe it was both...I'd like to think it was anyway. :lol:
Cartman pretty much goes Super Saiyajin and shoots a Kamehameha at the end of the movie though so...

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:04 am

Dr. Casey wrote:Seitokai no Ichizon bashes Evolution within the first minute of the first episode. Best series ever.
Uh, say what now? I just looked at it and there's nothing bashing Evolution there. All they did was make a reference to collecting 7 items and having someone have a Super Saiyan effect.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:14 am

Tsukento wrote:
Dr. Casey wrote:Seitokai no Ichizon bashes Evolution within the first minute of the first episode. Best series ever.
Uh, say what now? I just looked at it and there's nothing bashing Evolution there. All they did was make a reference to collecting 7 items and having someone have a Super Saiyan effect.
Skip to 1:41 brohan.

samuraigundam
Not-So-Newbie

Post by samuraigundam » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:15 am

This was from an episode of Saturday Night Live a few years back, that parodies DBZ with the Japanese hot dog eating champion, Kobayashi, as Goku, eating hot dogs and saving the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPzopHNbuWM

Kind of funny.
Together!
Allegiance or Death!!
BIG FIRE!!!
-The Magnificent Ten,Giant Robo

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:22 am

samuraigundam wrote:This was from an episode of Saturday Night Live a few years back, that parodies DBZ with the Japanese hot dog eating champion, Kobayashi, as Goku, eating hot dogs and saving the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPzopHNbuWM

Kind of funny.
Actually using scenes from the anime and parodying one of the movie ending themes is what helps it be so awesome.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:02 am

I bought Gintama vol. 15, and look what I've got:

Also from Naruto vol. 24

My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?