His Power Is Maximum

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

His Power Is Maximum

Post by VenomSymbiote » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:56 pm

I'm bored right now, and typically when I'm bored, I sit looking at at my computer, or I go around the internet and end up looking like this.

So, instead, I'm gonna go eat, however, in the meantime, I'd like to know:

Where did the whole Broly meme of "His Power Is Maximum" come from? I've seen it used quite a lot lately, so I'm curious as to where it originated.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:58 pm

Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:13 pm

Brolly looks quite anorexic.

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:17 pm

Ah.... I had no idea that Broly was a superhero. XD

Somehow, "His Power Is Maximum" seems quite fitting. How did an 8-year-old come up with that?

A-dono
Not-So-Newbie

Post by A-dono » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:27 pm

Technically speaking, Bojack's power is about 50x more maximum than Broly's and Buu's would be over 100x.

Though I guess it just seems like Broly's power is maximum because he's a steroid-popping Super Saiyajin that hurls planet-destroying globs of ki and screams a lot, and was fortunate enough to go up against Goku and co. before they reached Cell Games-level power and SSJ2.

I never got the appeal of him.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:37 pm

A-dono wrote:Technically speaking, Bojack's power is about 50x more maximum than Broly's and Buu's would be over 100x.

Though I guess it just seems like Broly's power is maximum because he's a steroid-popping Super Saiyajin that hurls planet-destroying globs of ki and screams a lot, and was fortunate enough to go up against Goku and co. before they reached Cell Games-level power and SSJ2.

I never got the appeal of him.
Indeed, sir. Indeed...

I am forever baffled by how this child believed Broli to be a Superhero.

Ichigo Storm

Post by Ichigo Storm » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:49 pm

It's sad, but despite never seeing any of the Broly movies, I know this meme so much that it sticks with me. This morning in Calculus we were taking notes over Optimization and the teacher kept repeating, "So this is maximum, that is maximum, such-and-such is maximum" and after so long all I could think was "Broly is maximum. His power is maximum. LSSJ is maximum."

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:56 pm

VenomSymbiote wrote:Ah.... I had no idea that Broly was a superhero. XD

Somehow, "His Power Is Maximum" seems quite fitting. How did an 8-year-old come up with that?
It's such a short and simple phrase; so easy to become memetic, the only way one could conceive such a phrase is if they were an innocent child who's only care in the world was coloring DBZ characters with crayon.

Markus Johnson is maximum.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:09 pm

Brolly movies' suckiness are at maximum.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:03 am

He kind of looks like Bankai Ichigo from Bleach.

Shoryuken
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shoryuken » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:53 am

SonGokuGT wrote:He kind of looks like Bankai Ichigo from Bleach.
It's more a case of mistaken indentity.
The kid obviously drew Vejita judging from the armor and mistook him for being Broly. The hair of the character is also yellow, another trait of Vejita.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:26 am

No. Look at him. He's in space and he's just fine. He's obviously Freeza.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:12 am

Kendamu wrote:No. Look at him. He's in space and he's just fine. He's obviously Freeza.
He must have his space sheild on... you just can't see it!
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Shoryuken
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shoryuken » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:17 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:
Kendamu wrote:No. Look at him. He's in space and he's just fine. He's obviously Freeza.
You are all wrong. It's Friejita, the fusion between Vejita and Freeza.

ChibiKenji
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ChibiKenji » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:20 am

The "his power is maximum" quote makes me think of the UB22 manual, which made think of the PAL Budokai 1 subs I was supposed to be transcribing for Conan years ago. Guess I ought to finish that/post what I got done. It's not as amusing as the UB22 manual, but it's still pretty damn funny (Vegeta: "You aunt Sallies!").

...and now I feel bad for talking about doing things and then disappearing for so long ;_;. Guess it wouldn't hurt to hook my VCR and GCN back up and revisit Budokai 1. At least I'm not playing it on PS2; damn did those for-realz 3D graphics look like arse.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:22 am

Brolly is all abs...literally.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:42 pm

Shoryuken wrote:
Kingdom Heartless wrote:
You mean... like... Vegefriez?

Except... I don't think it'll be long before the "devolved into nonsense" alarm goes off.
But... urr... bringing up mistaken Identity involving Broli made me think of some of the ancient "AF" pictrues?
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:11 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:Brolly is all abs...literally.
Torsos that are built up of abs are clearly the greatest form of strength. Cause we all know when it comes to strength, abs are the key.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:55 pm

caejones wrote:
Shoryuken wrote:
Kingdom Heartless wrote: He must have his space sheild on... you just can't see it!
You mean... like... Vegefriez?
I prefer Vegeeza, myself.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:14 pm

You guys obviously don't see a masterpiece of art, which is in the Picasso meets Rembrandt style, when it's in front of you.