Pass around some compliments (stop the hate!)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:35 pm

Actually, Vegeta mentions landing on the day of a full moon in order to eradicate humanity quickly if they needed to.
Ajay is a skank

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:34 pm

Also, when Goku was sent to Earth, I suspect they that sent him were aware of the Earth's lunar cycle (An infant with a battle power of 2 sent to irradicate a planet with millions of "5"s? The saiyans cared too much about numbers to think that wise.); it's not inconceivable that Vegeta&co were aware of this information.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Onikage725
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Onikage725 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:50 pm

What I'm getting at is... how could they not notice the lack of one (the moon) on the way in, if they were trying to be exact? Also, they landed with the plan of using their scouters and going TO their target (namely, Piccolo). When Goku arrived, Vegeta more or less let HIM pick a new field of engagement. So I don't think the spot Vegeta was in when he ate Genki Dama was an area where could have had a reasonable expectation that the full moon would be visible to him at that moment. Hell, he didn't even fly far enough in his search for the moon to come across nightfall.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:08 pm

Onikage725 wrote:So I don't think the spot Vegeta was in when he ate Genki Dama was an area where could have had a reasonable expectation that the full moon would be visible to him at that moment.
The Full Moon is visible from half the planet.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:37 pm

I want to complient most of all Mike, but also all you other guys that stribe to use good grammar and spelling. Without you guys I'd never be at the level where I am today.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:08 pm

sangofe wrote:I want to complient most of all Mike, but also all you other guys that stribe to use good grammar and spelling. Without you guys I'd never be at the level where I am today.
Is this sarcasm?
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:35 pm

B wrote:
sangofe wrote:I want to complient most of all Mike, but also all you other guys that stribe to use good grammar and spelling. Without you guys I'd never be at the level where I am today.
Is this sarcasm?
No, it most certainly is not; my English was awful before I started posting here.

Onikage725
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Onikage725 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:41 am

Rocketman wrote:
Onikage725 wrote:So I don't think the spot Vegeta was in when he ate Genki Dama was an area where could have had a reasonable expectation that the full moon would be visible to him at that moment.
The Full Moon is visible from half the planet.
Yet he didn't notice it's lack of existence upon arrival. It'd be kind of hard to miss, if one were aiming for the appropriate side of the planet. He was clearly NOT paying attention to SOMETHING. Likewise, when he landed, he didn't pre-pinpoint Piccolo's condition. For all he knew, Piccolo was half a planet or more away from where they landed. God forbid one of the humans had surpassed Piccolo, or Piccolo had been supressing. He could have wound up flying off who-knows-where. They landed in an arbitrary spot, looked afterwards to see where they would actually be fighting, and failed to notice the utter lack of a moon on the way in. Their science fails on all practical counts here.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:56 am

Onikage725 wrote:What I'm getting at is... how could they not notice the lack of one (the moon) on the way in, if they were trying to be exact?
Weren't they in some sort of suspended animation during their whole trip? So they wouldn't have been awake when approaching the planet.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:23 am

Onikage725 wrote:Yet he didn't notice it's lack of existence upon arrival. It'd be kind of hard to miss, if one were aiming for the appropriate side of the planet. He was clearly NOT paying attention to SOMETHING.
The Saiyans land at 11:43 AM - ie, on the exact opposite side of the Earth as the Moon is when it's Full.

OutlawTorn
Regular

Post by OutlawTorn » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:34 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Onikage725 wrote:Yet he didn't notice it's lack of existence upon arrival. It'd be kind of hard to miss, if one were aiming for the appropriate side of the planet. He was clearly NOT paying attention to SOMETHING.
The Saiyans land at 11:43 AM - ie, on the exact opposite side of the Earth as the Moon is when it's Full.
The time of day doesn't matter when it comes to whether a moon is full or not, rather its position in its orbit in relation to Earth and the sun. If the moon is between the Earth and the sun, it doesn't matter where you are on the planet, it will not be full and won't be for nearly a month. The moon can also be in the sky in broad daylight should its orbital position along with the rotation of the planet bring it into view at that point.

However, the time the Saiyans landed isn't the one to take into consideration as their fight with the gathered fighters took who knows how long and then Vegeta decided to wait for several hours to give Goku enough time to arrive. If the moon, had it existed, was in any sort of full phase it wouldn't be long before it would be visible wherever they were located.

Satan-Sama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Satan-Sama » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:15 pm

GizmoKSX wrote:There was a great dub moment during Goku's fight* with Recoome. Recoome is taking ridiculously long announcing the name of his impending attack, and Goku knocks him out with an elbow, commenting, "There was an opening that just seemed to scream out, 'attack!' So, I did." :lol: I think Peter Kelamis was doing his voice at that point.
I'm pretty sure Mike mentioned this moment in one of the podcasts.
*"Fight" in the loosest sense of the word. Also see Butterbean vs. Bart Gunn.
I hope I am not the only one who got this reference. :D

But anyways, I have always been very fond of Faulconer's score, especially Vegeta's theme, Namek's destruction, Goku's ascention to SSJ3 and Trunk's introduction. Sonny Straight, Eric Vale, Chris Sabat, and Brice Armstrong are all terrific voice talents and Kara Edwards is smokin' hot.... :wink:
KRILLIN'S IN DA HOUSE!
AND HE IS LOOKING MONDO COOL!
SO DON'T BE CRAMPIN' HIS STYLE!

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:31 pm

Satan-Sama wrote:
GizmoKSX wrote:There was a great dub moment during Goku's fight* with Recoome. Recoome is taking ridiculously long announcing the name of his impending attack, and Goku knocks him out with an elbow, commenting, "There was an opening that just seemed to scream out, 'attack!' So, I did." :lol: I think Peter Kelamis was doing his voice at that point.

But anyways, I have always been very fond of Faulconer's score, especially Vegeta's theme, Namek's destruction, Goku's ascention to SSJ3 and Trunk's introduction. Sonny Straight, Eric Vale, Chris Sabat, and Brice Armstrong are all terrific voice talents and Kara Edwards is smokin' hot.... :wink:
Did you see my post on page 4? :wink:
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World
"They say assholes grow on trees/But I'm just here to trim the leaves"
"If a girl is over 35 and not married, then she must be nuttier than squirrel shit." - Reverend Pastor Father Uncle Ruckus (no relation)

Satan-Sama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Satan-Sama » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:34 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:
Satan-Sama wrote:

Did you see my post on page 4? :wink:
Yes, I did after I posted this. God Bless you, by the way. :wink:
KRILLIN'S IN DA HOUSE!
AND HE IS LOOKING MONDO COOL!
SO DON'T BE CRAMPIN' HIS STYLE!