Wait for Dragon ball DBOX or get the singles

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Wait for Dragon ball DBOX or get the singles

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:49 am

Well I found my old Danke Danke account which I can use to ship Japanese used amazon items for example to me. Which means Less than $10 per single, sometimes reaching less than 5!

If the Dragon Box release follows seasons we're gonna wait like 2.5 years...
Jump the gun or wait?
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:00 am

Up to you, man. I'd wait it out unless I found it at an unbelievably low price (like when I got a bunch'a DBZ DBoz singles for $10/ea.).
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Daimo-Rukiri

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:03 am

Kendamu wrote:Up to you, man. I'd wait it out unless I found it at an unbelievably low price (like when I got a bunch'a DBZ DBoz singles for $10/ea.).
I have the first season in my amazon JP cart for arond 3,000 some odd yen. So around $30 bucks. Sad part is.. I gotta wait till monday><
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:13 am

Oh! I thought you meant you found a full DBox or something.
(they/she)

Daimo-Rukiri

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:20 am

Nope, I wish>< the cheapest is about $400.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:00 am

All comes down to if you're comfortable watching them without subs.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:05 am

I'd say hold off and see how the DBZ boxes are doing in terms of sales when FUNi releases some numbers. That will pretty much boost or kill our hopes for any further Dragon Boxes.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:10 am

SonGokuGT wrote:I'd say hold off and see how the DBZ boxes are doing in terms of sales when FUNi releases some numbers. That will pretty much boost or kill our hopes for any further Dragon Boxes.
It seems to be doing real well on Amazon. So if overall sales go as well as they are there, I think it should be safe.

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #3,141 in Movies & TV (See Bestsellers in Movies & TV)
Popular in these categories:

#12 in Movies & TV > Anime & Manga > Characters & Series > Dragon Ball
#19 in Movies & TV > Anime & Manga > By Studio > FUNimation Entertainment
#20 in Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Anime
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Xane
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Xane » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:35 pm

Get the Dragon Box itself. The book is awesome, as is the extras. I'll provide some cheap Yahoo Japan Auction links. I got mine when Amazon Japan had a couple extras in like October 2008.

42,000 yen ($420)
50,000 yen ($500)
Once upon a time everything was lovely. But that was before I had to deal with people.

Daimo-Rukiri

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Did you go through a JP auction site as most do not ship outside of japan.

Xane
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Xane » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:43 pm

Daimo-Rukiri wrote:Did you go through a JP auction site as most do not ship outside of japan.
No. Amazon themself had them in stock, so I grabbed it instantly.

Then I sold off all 26 of my singles. My friend bought 'em for $800, after I bought the big box.
Once upon a time everything was lovely. But that was before I had to deal with people.

Daimo-Rukiri

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:45 pm

Still had to use some sort of service, unless bought new amazon Jp won't ship to you.

Unless you PM the seller.

Xane
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Xane » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:46 pm

Daimo-Rukiri wrote:Still had to use some sort of service, unless bought new amazon Jp won't ship to you.

Unless you PM the seller.
They had them in stock new. They had a few extras.

Armymanis
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Armymanis » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:05 pm

I would wait....At first I was all crazy to collect all 7 Dragonbox's. I then was noted that I only need the first 2 to complete my DBZ experience. However, I still want to get all 7, so I am hoping they will come out with all 7.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:14 pm

If the Dragon Box release follows seasons we're gonna wait like 2.5 years... Jump the gun or wait?
Can't you just decide for yourself? I don't think anyone cares what you ultimately decide.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:25 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
If the Dragon Box release follows seasons we're gonna wait like 2.5 years... Jump the gun or wait?
Can't you just decide for yourself? I don't think anyone cares what you ultimately decide.
I don't think you should have said that. She wanted to see what other people say before deciding what to do herself...
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:50 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
I care. :?

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:57 am

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
I don't think you should have said that. She wanted to see what other people say before deciding what to do herself...
Last time we had a thread like this it boiled down to, "It's up to you." I think TanookiKuribo was just skipping all the filler and getting to the point.
(they/she)

BrodieK41

Post by BrodieK41 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:52 am

It depends if you want a subbed version of it or not and where you can find a copy of the original box. For me, I've seen the show enough times that I don't really mind watching it raw. I actually got the Japanese Dragon Box for the original series a few months ago on Ebay (I know, I was surprised too) for about $700 so I didn't hesitate picking it up. If you can find a copy of the original for a good price like I did and don't mind watching it without subs, I'd say pick it up.

Daimo-Rukiri

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:48 am

$400 or so dollars is really reasonable, and cheaper than the singles by a mile. Maybe for my birthday.

But since I know how the "majority" of the Japanese public takes care of there DVDs and I actually look for "very good" and at $10 a DVD which will bring me to about... $200 + Danke Danke shipping fees.

If I could just get the "BOX" and cases that'd be great cause I honestly prefer the singles artwork. DBZ has by far the best spine and dvd art.