Daisuke Gouri Passes Away (?)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nachochip

Re: Daisuke Gouri Passes Away (?)

Post by nachochip » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:57 am

Wow. I visited the site tonight to download the new podcast episode and learned of this news. It's very depressing. He was definitely one of my favorite actors no matter role it was. Every time I recognized his voice I would smile and know Immediately who it was. I hope he is very healthy and happy in a better place now.

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:21 pm

With Gouri-sama gone many projects that he was involved with is up in the air such as One-Piece, the Tekken franchise and of course any future incarnation of Dragonball (anime or video games). I have no idea if anyone can or should I say, anyone should, be cast to replace Gouri-sama in any of the projects he was involved in. :|

O-chan30

Post by O-chan30 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:59 pm

Maphisto86 wrote:With Gouri-sama gone many projects that he was involved with is up in the air such as One-Piece, the Tekken franchise and of course any future incarnation of Dragonball (anime or video games). I have no idea if anyone can or should I say, anyone should, be cast to replace Gouri-sama in any of the projects he was involved in. :|
Hello, first time poster here. Decided to start here (my signature non-withstanding) but I can understand IF Dragonball Kai wanted to end its airing with the Freezer arc to avoid running into any problems. Especially since Videl's actress may decline returning to the series because Gouri has passed.

Still, for stuff like One Piece which has yet to finish its narrative I don't think ANY of their fans would be happy if it abruptly went off the air because a voice actor passed. No matter how much that person's voice was important I think that would be a slap in the face to anyone putting money into the show.

O-chan