Buying Dragonbox Z 2 from RightStuf

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Buying Dragonbox Z 2 from RightStuf

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:33 am

The Dragonbox Z Volume 2 comes out on the 16th. I am NOT waiting forever like with the first Dragonbox, so I am going to pre-order from RightStuf on the 31st. How long does RightStuf normally take when shipping orders?
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Buying Dragonbox Z 2 from RightStuf

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:56 pm

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:The Dragonbox Z Volume 2 comes out on the 16th. I am NOT waiting forever like with the first Dragonbox, so I am going to pre-order from RightStuf on the 31st. How long does RightStuf normally take when shipping orders?
RightStuf is no different than any other retailer, online or otherwise. They ship things when they become available.

The only minor difference is that, seemingly after FUNimation's Z-Store merged into RightStuf, they SOMETIMES ship out FUNimation items slightly ahead of street date. Do not ever rely on that or expect it to come true 100% of the time. There is absolutely no way for anyone to tell ahead of time if a particular retailer will have stock problems.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:11 pm

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:The Dragonbox Z Volume 2 comes out on the 16th. I am NOT waiting forever like with the first Dragonbox, so I am going to pre-order from RightStuf on the 31st. How long does RightStuf normally take when shipping orders?
To add to Mike's above statement, my experience in the past 5 years or so has been that RightStuf will consistently ship things within one business day of receiving your order (assuming the item is "In Stock").
"You don't know what you're talking about. You're not very smart, and the things you're saying are nonsense. And I'm not angry. But you do need to shut up." - Tycho Brahe

xzero
Regular

Post by xzero » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:59 pm

I ordered from RightStuf when the sale was going on (it might still be, not sure). It's unique for the now-*official* source for Funimation DVDs to (a) regularly ship early (many people on this forum got their Orange Bricks and DBox 1 well before the street date), and (b) actually offer the lowest prices for things. Usually, you get one or the other, not both.

Of course, as Mike said, there's no guarantee that they'll ship DBox 2 out early, but if you want it ASAP for the best price, RightStuf is easily the best option. The only brick-and-mortar retailer I've ever seen carrying the DBox was Best Buy, but it charged full price. As for street dates, I ordered from Target for the first one. Its website indicated that the set would ship early. Not only did it not ship early, it shipped late (I think Amazon had the same problem). The real benefit of RightStuf is that it's the official "Z Store," so barring internal issues that would affect everyone, ordering from RightStuf is tantamount to ordering directly from Funimation itself.

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:20 am

To be entirely honest, Mike's statement is somewhat true, it's an "Ahead of street date" deal, so you can't trust that it will be 100% Consistent from release to release, but I've ordered every single FUNimation One Piece DVD (10 total so far if you count the Movie) as well as Dragon Box 1, and in my experience, I have ALWAYS received my DVD at least a week before street date. The very first One Piece DVD boxed set was a whole MONTH early.

So while there is no guarantee... There's a pretty good chance you'll get it early from Right Stuff...
"FUNi should take [DBZ] out behind the woodshed, give it one last treat, then blow its f%#@$ng brains out before it attacks the baby again." ~Rocketman

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:33 am

So whenever people say "I got ______ from RightStuf early" it's either luck, or they just shipped it out early. Either way, I'm definitely pre-ordering Dragonbox Volume 2 from RightStuf. 8)

Not expecting an early delivery, but it would be nice! :P
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:31 am

It's not "Luck". FUNimation made a deal with Right Stuff and merged their Z-Store with it and stopped selling their DVDs online themselves, so Right Stuff is FUNi's official store now. So when you're ordering from Right Stuff it's basically like you're buying it from FUNi direct.
That means they get their shipments in sooner than other online retailers which means they ship earlier than everybody else.

What that translates to is, Every One Piece and Dragon Ball DVD I have EVER bought from Right Stuff has been at least a week early. Again, it's not a 100% Guarantee, but your chances are really good.
"FUNi should take [DBZ] out behind the woodshed, give it one last treat, then blow its f%#@$ng brains out before it attacks the baby again." ~Rocketman

GizmoKSX
Beyond Newbie

Post by GizmoKSX » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:30 pm

DemonRin wrote:It's not "Luck". FUNimation made a deal with Right Stuff and merged their Z-Store with it and stopped selling their DVDs online themselves, so Right Stuff is FUNi's official store now. So when you're ordering from Right Stuff it's basically like you're buying it from FUNi direct.
That helps explain the big discount on FUNi products, and how with discounts, many of us have gotten DBoxes for under $40. If we're essentially ordering "direct," they don't need to markup the prices like retailers, which is a win for us as customers.

I ordered Tekkaman Blade volume 2 from RightStuf along with the second DBox to get my order price high enough for free shipping. I was just notified today that Tekkaman Blade shipped. Originally, it was going to be held to ship along with my DBox when it's released, but they've apparently decided to send it early, and at no extra shipping charge. Awesome deal! No guarantee that this is going to happen if you order multiple items at this point; it was probably courtesy on their part since I placed the order about a month ago, even though I'm pretty sure the deal was that the order would ship when all the items were ready. :)

Also, for both this order and the first DBox, I selected (free) economy shipping. Despite being the slowest rate, I got the first DBox very early (I think the day after the first people here got them). No guarantees, but with that experience, if you don't want to pay extra shipping charges, consider one of the cheaper options; you might still get the order extra early.
I can see their parachutes.

LilKokuLink
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LilKokuLink » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:04 pm

May I ask a question? I'm guessing rightstuf ships international, does anyone know what shipment usually costs? I live in the UK, just a general idea would be nice.
Actions have reactions so don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships that people don't speak of.
Dub fan.
Naveed.

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:22 pm

LilKokuLink wrote:May I ask a question? I'm guessing rightstuf ships international, does anyone know what shipment usually costs? I live in the UK, just a general idea would be nice.
This should help you. http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/custome ... /shipping/

AxelMusic is a good store to buy the Dragon Box from. The site is easier for me because I live in the UK. I used the site for Dragon Box Vol.1 and it arrived 4 days after the official release date. :)

http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/704400022418

LilKokuLink
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LilKokuLink » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:34 am

Thanks man.
Actions have reactions so don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships that people don't speak of.
Dub fan.
Naveed.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:31 pm

I got a pending charge on my credit card today for my Dbox2 from rightstuf. This can only mean good things. 8)

How about you guys?

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:26 pm

Castor Troy wrote:I got a pending charge on my credit card today for my Dbox2 from rightstuf. This can only mean good things. 8)

How about you guys?
My balance is about $40-ish less than I thought it was. If it's due to RightStuf, the charge will probably show up on my online statement tomorrow morning. Being that I ordered it back in November, I'm confident that I'll be seeing the charge on my card very soon.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

INVINCEABLE
Not-So-Newbie

Post by INVINCEABLE » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:24 pm

Castor Troy wrote:I got a pending charge on my credit card today for my Dbox2 from rightstuf. This can only mean good things. 8)

How about you guys?
Same here. Surprising, as there's still more than two weeks until release.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:28 pm

INVINCEABLE wrote:

How about you guys?
Same here. Surprising, as there's still more than two weeks until release.
Not at all. RightStuf did this last time and they're known for doing it pretty often with FUNimation products.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

EE_Bob

Post by EE_Bob » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:50 pm

Just got charged for DBOX2 from rightsuff.
I guess that means they're shipping?

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:05 pm

I got charged from RightStuf with my only outstanding order being the Dragon Box. It seems these will be coming out pretty soon! There's no way this can be a coincidence.

@Hujio: Did you pre-order from TRSI? If so, what kind of shipping did you get? I know we live relatively close so I wanted to see if you or I would be one of the first to get our hands on it. ^_^
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:25 pm

Fuck.... I figured, since the first one came out on the 17th, and this one on the 16th, they'd charge my bank account a day less then the first time, which would've been the 2nd (it was the 3rd last Box).

Now I'm -$40 in the bank. Dammit Rightstuf. I wish their emails would just say when they're shipping shit, rather than beating around the bush about it. "We're working on it!" and "This item is on backorder" and the other random things they send you aren't very helpful to people with tight budgets...

I'm :mrgreen: and I'm :evil: with Rightstuf.
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

gregorthegame
Not-So-Newbie

Post by gregorthegame » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:35 pm

Just letting you guys know... My credit card was just charged today for the DragonBox Z 2 from rightstuf today.
I know for a fact because my DragonBall Season 3 was charged separately 2 days ago.

P.S. This is like my 4th time re-buying these fucking episodes.... But how the hell can you pass on this?
PS3 ID: GregorTheGame

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:57 pm

nathantheguitarist wrote:Fuck.... I figured, since the first one came out on the 17th, and this one on the 16th, they'd charge my bank account a day less then the first time, which would've been the 2nd (it was the 3rd last Box).

Now I'm -$40 in the bank. Dammit Rightstuf. I wish their emails would just say when they're shipping shit, rather than beating around the bush about it. "We're working on it!" and "This item is on backorder" and the other random things they send you aren't very helpful to people with tight budgets...

I'm :mrgreen: and I'm :evil: with Rightstuf.

I know what you mean. I had $2.77 in my account before I went and deposited my financial aide check at 11:30 a.m. If I hadn't got that check in yesterday (I don't get paid from my job till around midnight tonight) I woulda seriously been in the hole. While I appreciate TRSI for shipping early, it seems like its not without its downsides. We all know that TRSI "might" ship their stuff early, so its a good idea to make sure you've got the money in the bank for at least a month before release, but it's really a bad business practice without letting your customers know you'll be charging them WEEKS before schedule.

Send them an e-mail describing your situation, see what they say and find out what would be the best way to rectify it. If that doesn't work, go to your bank, tell them what happened, and see if they can waive your overdraft since it was in no way your fault.
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.