Favorite Super Saiyan Transformation Scene

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LilKokuLink
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Favorite Super Saiyan Transformation Scene

Post by LilKokuLink » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:42 am

Piccolo Daimao wrote: On-topic, my favourite Super Saiyan transformation is Vegeta's SSJ 2nd Grade transformation. That was the one that had the most impact on me, more than Son Gohan's 1st SSJ2 transformation or Son Goku's 1st SSJ transformation. The visuals are impressive, the muscles bulging look awesome, the aura flaring are dazzling...great.
Well said, that indeed looked great to be honest. It's a shame that he let the power get to him... and that final flash was fucking amazing.
Actions have reactions so don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships that people don't speak of.
Dub fan.
Naveed.

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:15 pm

My all-time favourite Transformation and all-time favourite scene is Trunks transforming into a Super Saiyan upon seeing Gohan dead in a puddle in the Trunks TV Special. It's so damn emotional and dark. I especially love it in English with the awesome music and amazing dub work. It's one of the few occasions I prefer the dub over Japanese.
You must have faith in who you are.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:40 pm

LilKokuLink wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote: On-topic, my favourite Super Saiyan transformation is Vegeta's SSJ 2nd Grade transformation. That was the one that had the most impact on me, more than Son Gohan's 1st SSJ2 transformation or Son Goku's 1st SSJ transformation. The visuals are impressive, the muscles bulging look awesome, the aura flaring are dazzling...great.
Well said, that indeed looked great to be honest. It's a shame that he let the power get to him... and that final flash was fucking amazing.
Wow I forgot about this one, it is pretty cool. Good job.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:03 am

penguintruth wrote:
I didn't find either of those nearly as impactful. I thought Gohan's SSJ2 transformation was probably the defining moment of DBZ.

But then, you don't really give a damn about Gohan.
I can't help but express how overrated that segment of the series is (the Vegetto fiasco as well might I add). I personally feel that one of the most prominent defining moments of DBZ is begot by Goku and Vegeta's very first duel.

As for my favourite Super Saiyan transformation..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTXrAatn39E

The scene just hits the right note I feel, what with the tragic history in the buildup to this showdown via the Saiyan genocide etc.