How many of you own the entire series?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: How many of you own the entire series?

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:08 am

Scarz wrote:Legally no, but I do have every episode, tv special, and manga scans downloaded onto my computer somewhere. Does that count? Don't you look at me with your judgmental eyes.
Gokuden Mk II!! :lol:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:47 am

Oh man, it seems like everything in both forms. I shutter just thinking about all this... I have all three series including TV specials, all 17 movies, all 42 tankoubon, all 34 kanzenban, all 20 film comics, just about every guide book you can think of, etc. Maybe I should stop collecting this stuff? :oops:
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:49 am

Dragon Ball: Episodes 1-62. Blue bricks.
DBZ: Episodes 1-3, 118-120, 250-253, 257-262, 288-291. Movies 4(?), 6, and 13. The various triple-digit episodes and Movies 4 and 6 are dub-only VHS. Movie 4 has a "?" by it because I don't remember if I threw it out while moving, since it's VHS, not a great movie, and dub-only. I may be confusing it with Pokemon Movie 4, though, which I threw out, along with the first three, for similar reasons. Episodes 1-3 are the red and black super hardcore Ultimate Uncut release, and Movie 13 is the DVD single that apparently looked like ass. I don't remember.
DBGT: The TV Special single disc. I sure hope I didn't throw it out, as I'm not sure if the full version of "Step Into The Grand Tour" is included during the credits of the dub on the green bricks I may pick up. It's probably not, but the English version of "Don't you see!", which I guess isn't a bad alternative... but it was the full rap...

So... 81 episodes scattered throughout multiple series, three(possibly two) movies, and a special. That can't be a huge percentage of the whole thing, especially with Kai continually coming out.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:28 am

Have the entire manga, though have the Androids/Cell Saga in US Jump magazines.

DB: Funimation Season 1, rest old releases, 2nd half of Legacy of Goku set (bought only for Curse of the Blood Rubies). Movies 3-4, and one video of old dub (eps 7-8).

DBZ: Entire series:
Season 1-2, 5 sets.
Majority of Ocean dub eps through various videos or taped off CN.
All 13 movies including 2 and 4 via vhs and movies 8 and 10 autographed by Broly himself.
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs190.snc ... 0744_n.jpg
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 3303_n.jpg
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 7428_n.jpg

Didn't care for GT. Don't owsn any of it.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:41 am

All I really own nowadays are the 2 domestic Dragon Boxes and all of the Viz manga. I dunno if I should count my DB Evolution Blu Ray :P

I used to own the majority of the funi singles and the movies dragon box, but I sold those a long time ago.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:47 am

Manga:
Entire series in English and Spanish, about 1/3 in Japanese.

Anime:

Every FUNimation DB-related DVD ever put out [exception is the movie Blu-rays]
Japanese Dragon Box Z Vols. 1-2
Spanish Dragon Boxes

So there you have it! <3

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:52 am

I own all of the Viz tankobon style graphic novels for the manga, Madman's 2 collections that make up the entire Dragon Ball series, all of the orange bricks for Dragon Ball Z (and the first 2 English Dragon Boxes) and both of the GT bricks. I also have English releases of all of the movies, except for that first Dragon Ball one that wasn't dubbed. What I don't have are the Trunks special, Bardock special and Jump special.

My copies of The Dead Zone, World's Strongest and Tree of Might are the old Pioneer ones, which were probably the first Dragon Ball DVDs I ever owned.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Velasa » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:59 am

Dragonball-
#1-13- Kidmark dubbed vhs
#1-13- subtitled from internets. Loooong story*
#14-16- one really random FUNi uncut dubbed vhs I have no idea why I ever bought
#14-153 FUNi two-disk dvd

DBZ-
#1-53- Pioneer dubbed dvd singles
#1-42- FUNI Dragonbox 1 (number two should be coming for my birthday on the 20th)
#25-27- one dirty lying Ultimate Uncut dvd make me think I'm finally going to get to see Pic's death in Japanese and dick me over, now will you :evil: ... I coulda goddamn strangled somebody when it hopped merrily back to the menu.
#64-66 + "Gohan Attacks" (number unlisted)- FUNi uncut dubbed vhs
#99-102- ...... FUNI edited dubbed vhs ohgodwhy
#103-150- FUNi uncut dubbed vhs
#53-291- FUNi dvd singles

Movies-
-DB-
#1- Kidmark dubbed vhs
#2- FUNi uncut dubbed vhs
#2-4- FUNi dvd singles
-DBZ-
#1-2- Pioneer dubbed vhs
#1-3- Pioneer dvds
#4-13- FUNi dvd singles

Specials (and random shit)-
Trunks- FUNi dvd single
Burdock- FUNi dvd single
Safety videos- Internets
Ossu!- Internets until otherwise available in the US
Attack of the Sayiajin- Internets

GT doesn't count because I loathe it ^^

So on the whole, not so bad. I finished collecting the last of the FUNi singles long after we realized we were getting the DBox because I liked them and already had most of them, so I don't really consider that a loss. The only part I'll be getting burned on are all those VHS (cept the first two DBZ movies because I like those tapes) and the stupid single UUE I picked up.

EDIT- oh, and to answer the question- yes, I will have the entire thing when I get my second DBox and whatever material in it that was cut out of my last few Pioneer singles. Booyah.

*So I was going to visit a friend and wanted to show her the beginning of Dragonball in Japanese. The plan was to buy the first DB season set and we'd watch from that, so like a good little supporting consumer I went and ordered it off Amazon. Unfortunately some moron ships me the first DBZ season set two days before I'm suppose to leave *twitch* Thoroughly out of time and having put way too much effort into this crap I consult the internets to solve this problem. I'd already bought the damn things anyway years before >_> I'll finally be able to pick these up the right way when we get FUNi DB Dboxes[/endrant]
Last edited by Velasa on Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Snail

Post by Snail » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:08 am

Took an accumulative of around a frickin' decade, but I've more or less completed in the obtainment of the entire series.

Viz Dragonball Tankoubon Vol # 1 - 42

Dragon Ball
1)FUNimation 2-disc sets Vol. 2 - 8.2
2)FUNimation/MadMan Complete Collection 1 + 2

Dragon Ball Z
1)Pioneer/FUNimation - The Saiyan Conflict + The Namek Saga
2)FUNimation singles/sets
- Ginyu
- Frieza: Clash + Desperation
- Trunks
- Android
- Imperfect Cell
- Perfect Cell
- World Tournament
- Babidi
3)FUNimation Season Sets 1 - 9

Dragon Ball GT
1)FUNimation singles (They're in a box..somewhere.)
2)FUNimation Season Sets 1 + 2

Dragonball Movies
FUNimation/MadMan DB Movie 1
FUNimation DB 'Movie Box' - 2 - 4
FUNimation/Pioneer DBZ Movies 1 - 3
FUNimation UUE DBZ Movie 1
FUNimation singles DBZ Movies 4 - 13
FUNimation singles DBZ TV Special # 1 + 2
FUNimation singles DBGT: A Hero's Legacy
FUNimation season set DBGT: A Hero's Legacy

Missing: Uncut Dragon Ball movie 1.

Quite the clusterfuck the lot of us have here I've gotta say. And.. I'm quite excited to throw away more bread for the godliness that is the DragonBox. When? Perhaps after the Winter Olympics, or when the release nears it's completion.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:45 am

I own the whole series in manga form from Shueisha in Tankobon format plus some comic releases from UK and Vietnam.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:02 am

Kunzait...with the Orange Bricks *gasp*....BLASPHEMY!!!.....Ok, now that I got that out of the way, I don't own the entire series. I sold my FUNi Cell Games singles (to a member of this forum if I recall) when the Bricks were announced three years back. Bought the first brick and didn't bother to buy the rest because of obvious reasons. Here's what I own so far.

Dragon Ball Viz Volumes #1-42 (So I guess, technically, I do own the entire series in one form)

Dragon Ball Kanzenban Vols. 16, 23, 27, and 34

Dragon Ball FUNi DVDs
*Commander Red Saga
*Fortuneteller Baba Saga*
*Tenshinhan Saga
*Piccolo Jr. Saga Part 1
*Dragon Ball Movie Box: Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle, Mystical Adventure, and Path to Power

Dragon Ball Z FUNi DVDs
*Dragon Ball Z Season One
*Dragon Box 1 (Episodes 1-42)
*Dragon Box 2 (Episodes 43-84)
*Dragon Ball Z Movies 1-3 First Strike Set
*Dragon Ball Z Movies 5-6 Steel Box/Remastered Set
*Dragon Ball Z Movies 7-13 Broli Triple Threat Set and the rest in original single releases

Dragon Ball GT FUNi releases
*DBGT Seasons 1 and 2
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

ssjcj
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjcj » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:10 am

DragonBall:
1) Both Madman fatpacks
2) FUNi double disc sets 4,6 &7
3) DB Movies 2-4 set
(So no uncut movie 1)

DragonBall Z:
1) Season Sets 1-8
2) DragonBox Volume 1
3) Steelbook TV Specials
4) Steelbook Movies 1-7, 9

DragonBall GT:
Nothing

Quite a few repeats here. I should spend less.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:15 am

I own all of the 17 movies, all 3 T.V Specials and all of Dragon Ball GT in green box set form.

I don't however own any of Z or the original Dragon Ball because I just don't have the money and there are nine sets to buy. I don't mind because the movies are just like the T.V series only shorter and I own all the manga. :P

Daimo-Rukiri

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:28 pm

Dragon Ball:
Blue Brick: Season 1

Dragon Ball Z:
R2 Singles Saiya-Jin Arc
Dragon Box Vol 1-2 (Eps 1-84)
Dragon Box The Movies (Movies 1-17)

Dragon Ball GT:
Yellow Brick: Seasons 1-2
TV Special
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:33 pm

The only one I have the entire series of is Dragon Ball GT in the form of the Dragon Box.

DB and DBZ have always been a challenge for me. The Japanese Dragon Boxes come out, I don't have money. The DB box sets come out, I have money when they're out of print and missing a set of episodes. DBZ gets released in all sorts of singles and sets, I have the money and get what I can. Dragon Boxes come out, I'm flat broke! ;_;
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

kusakun004
Beyond Newbie

Post by kusakun004 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:16 pm

Dragon Ball:
-Season 1 Blue Brick
-2 Disc Sets 4-7,9.1
-Movies 2-4 (3-pack)

Dragon Ball Z:
-Dragon Box Z 1
-All nine orange bricks
-Various singles (including TV specials and some movies)
-All seven double/triple feature sets

Dragon Ball GT:
-Both lime-green bricks
-All singles + TV special disc
GT is underrated and the International Channel will always be my favorite channel for foreign programming. I still miss it.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:39 pm

As an anime? Nope. I probably won't own the entire anime from the beginning of Dragonball to the end of Dragonball Z for a long time... if ever!

As a manga, on the other hand, yes! Twice over, in fact! I have the 42 VIZ graphic novels and the 42 Japanese tankoubon. Really, that's all I need! I would like to own the kanzenban but it's not a necessity at this point.

I do plan on collecting all the domestic releases of the Dragonbox and Dragonball Kai, though.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:54 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Tue May 03, 2011 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:02 pm

1) Dragon Ball Season 1 (Episodes 1-30?)
2) Dragon Ball Z Seasons 1-9 (Episodes 1-291)
3) Dragon Ball Z Double Features 1-7 (Both TV Specials, all 13 movies)
4) Dragon Ball GT Season 1 (Episodes 1-32)

So I have at least 30 episodes from each series :P
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:40 pm

Tsukento wrote:The only one I have the entire series of is Dragon Ball GT in the form of the Dragon Box.

DB and DBZ have always been a challenge for me. The Japanese Dragon Boxes come out, I don't have money. The DB box sets come out, I have money when they're out of print and missing a set of episodes. DBZ gets released in all sorts of singles and sets, I have the money and get what I can. Dragon Boxes come out, I'm flat broke! ;_;
That's why it took me over ten years to get the entire anime. Had quite a bit of time inbetween jobs, so couldn't buy like I wanted to. Was also why it took me a bit to get all of DB's sister series YYH. Will admit the experience and seeing most guys of my age group have jobs left me a little cynical about the fanbase of my age group. That's why when guys were on here who are about 25+ were complaining about the post season 2 season sets, I shook my head and replied they should've gotten the older version years ago.