Has Dragon Ball ever made you do anything silly?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Re: Has Dragon Ball ever made you do anything silly?

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:20 pm

Big Momma wrote:
dchan316 wrote:Let's see...
-I used to wear weights on my ankles and run up and down the seven flights of stairs at school instead of taking the elevator.

Every get any results from that?
OH YEA I DID THAT TOO!

I did get some results from this after a few months. They were only 5lbs each so it wasn't much of a result but my speed actually did increase(I have no actual times but I managed to outrun my friend, who before the weights was always faster than me). I couldn't find anything greater than 5lbs so after a year I stopped.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:24 pm

I'd ask my friend where he got his weighted vest, but his email address apparently died in the past year. :(
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:55 am

I made my boyfriend dress up as Gogeta. :lol:
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:11 am

Blue wrote:I made my boyfriend dress up as Gogeta. :lol:
Seriously? Happen to take any pictures?

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Savage68 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:32 pm

I tried to make a ki blast once.

I got a nosebleed.

Kiyza
Regular

Post by Kiyza » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:41 pm

Ever since I picked up that Dragon Box, I've been singing Cha-La Head-Cha-La in the shower. After I got the Blue Bricks, I'd sometimes switch over to Makfushigi Adobencha! Strange? My family thinks it is, since they're the ones listening to me. I sing rater loudly. :oops:

GreggMays64
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GreggMays64 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:01 pm

When I was younger, I watched the FUNimation dub of the Trunks special and thought that 17 and 18 were supposed to be like some couple or something. Then later on I saw some reruns of the Artificial Human Saga on TV, and when I saw 19 and 20, I thought they were supposed to look different or something in that timeline. I thought 19 was a girl and is basically 18 of that timeline, 20 was the 17 of that timeline. Then I learned that 20 and 19 were completely different people, and this made me come up with this wierd pairing between 19 and 20. I watched this parody of Megaman called the Dr Wily Show where it is about Dr Wily and his life with his robot masters. This made me come up with an idea for a show called the Dr Gero Show where Dr Gero and 19 were lovers and 17 keeps filming them and posting it all on the internet.

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Post by Travis Touchdown » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:47 pm

Kiyza wrote:Ever since I picked up that Dragon Box, I've been singing Cha-La Head-Cha-La in the shower. After I got the Blue Bricks, I'd sometimes switch over to Makfushigi Adobencha! Strange? My family thinks it is, since they're the ones listening to me. I sing rater loudly. :oops:
Sooooo... would this be an accurate portrayal?
http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1 ... BIoZowCVCo
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

Savage68
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Savage68 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:38 pm

Oh, and I don't know if this is considered silly or not, but every time I get pissed about something, I make that, "kkkkghkkgkkk' noise that characters in the show do whenever they're struggling with something.

I also say things like, "...Nani!?" in Cell's voice, for whatever reason.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:20 am

I accidently hit my hand on a door at a Subway. Instead of saying "Ouch" I went "Kkgghh" like Goku in the Japanese version. It happened sub-conciously. Similar to what Savage68 said.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:57 am

Travis Touchdown wrote:Sooooo... would this be an accurate portrayal?
Wait, "Head-Cha La" is mainstream? Does that mean most people know the song in Japan?

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:45 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:
Travis Touchdown wrote:Sooooo... would this be an accurate portrayal?
Wait, "Head-Cha La" is mainstream? Does that mean most people know the song in Japan?
It's as if it was the theme song or something...

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:10 am

The Time Traveller wrote:It's as if it was the theme song or something...
Thanks smartass.

No seriously, I was asking If everybody in Japan knew the song just like Americans know the Simpsons' theme song. I'm thinking yes but I don't know if Dragon Ball is that popular anymore.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:25 pm

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:
The Time Traveller wrote:It's as if it was the theme song or something...
Thanks smartass.

No seriously, I was asking If everybody in Japan knew the song just like Americans know the Simpsons' theme song. I'm thinking yes but I don't know if Dragon Ball is that popular anymore.

....it's Dragon Ball Z. How can you not expect it's THEME SONG to not be known throughout Japan?

You know it's pretty popular over there, right?
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:29 pm

I owned this girl today who thinks she knows SO much Japanese today. I said "Chikyuu Marugto Choukessen" and "Majin Jo No Nemuri Hime" and she was clueless. w00t.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:46 pm

RoarkVegeta wrote:I owned this girl today who thinks she knows SO much Japanese today. I said "Chikyuu Marugto Choukessen" and "Majin Jo No Nemuri Hime" and she was clueless. w00t.
While I absolutely support this kind of behavior(ITT: Weeaboos getting pwned) I gotta wonder....what DOES that say? :lol:

I study Japanese and take classes for it, but all but my freshman year High School Japanese teachers sucked! (Trust me, it was the teacher. Every other student in the class would agree with this).
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:26 pm

Big Momma wrote:
RoarkVegeta wrote:I owned this girl today who thinks she knows SO much Japanese today. I said "Chikyuu Marugto Choukessen" and "Majin Jo No Nemuri Hime" and she was clueless. w00t.
While I absolutely support this kind of behavior(ITT: Weeaboos getting pwned) I gotta wonder....what DOES that say? :lol:

I study Japanese and take classes for it, but all but my freshman year High School Japanese teachers sucked! (Trust me, it was the teacher. Every other student in the class would agree with this).
1. Super Decisive Battle For Earth 2. The Sleeping Princess In Devils Castle. DBZ Movie 3 and DB Movie 3 titles.

Milton
Patreon Supporter

Post by Milton » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:37 pm

-I routinely whistle Ore wa Tokoton Tomaranai just about anywhere.

-I've driven through town with [F] blasting out my speakers with the windows down multiple times.

-While walking home one day, I made up my own lyrics to the instrumental version of We Gotta Power! (which at the time I had only heard through Idainaru Dragonball Densetsu). And don't bother asking me what they were, because all I remember was the line, "In this decisive hour, we gotta power." :lol:

-Tried to write a fan-fiction where Goku had to fight his Super Saiyajin half after an enemy "pulled" it apart from him. Came complete with Toriyama-style pun names, and featured Chi-Chi trying to get out of a force-field that surrounded their home with a pair of scissors.

-Once called Irwin Toys to ask questions about the quality of their DBZ figures.

-On occasion, will imitate Julian's "hottie Freeza voice" as heard at the tail end of one episode of the podcast. I'm not too bad at it, if I do say so.

-One extra-credit assignment for an English class in high school wanted students to write an essay about anything, and would be graded on how many words were used in it. I therefore chose to write about my favorite films, which included the full, English-translated titles of all 17 Dragonball movies.

-Have spend $15 on a gashapon figure/diorama.

-Tried (at random) to do my best imitation of Cell laughing, followed by a deep, "Omoshiroii," while out driving with a friend. Laughter ensued.

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:23 pm

Has Dragon Ball ever made me do anything silly? Ahh, it sure has...
I still wish I could perform the Kamehameha, and still love trying to do it when I get the chance. And I'm 21. You may laugh.
I've tried powering up, screaming my lungs off. :oops: And, of course, on several occasions I've tried different "stylish" hairdos... even made pictures. I've tried different techniques from the series. Couple of years ago when I last rewatched Z, my favourite one was Nappa's Bakuhatsuha [not entirely sure about the spelling]. I remember making a super crappy gif of me performing it. I think I can find it in my archives but it would probably be for the best if I don't bother to search for it and publicly humiliate myself. ^^''
I'm pretty sure I've done lots of other silly and embarrassing things but that's all I can remember for now.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:36 pm

I can't think of anything unless you count making me waste my money on a bunch of DVD releases since 2007 and thus keeping me from ever buying all of the awesome Wrestling compilation DVDs that have been released over the past 3 years.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler