Dragon Ball GT Eyecatchers

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Dragon Ball GT Eyecatchers

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:33 pm

I just found out that DBGT had 3 eyecatchers. Here are the videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5is9sYHW ... re=channel EYECATCH 01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhgbZeZW ... re=channel EYECATCH 02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqVNg4Sf ... re=channel EYECATCH 03

* All eyecatchers with the background music are in the US DBGT dub music.

Reaction why DBGT had 3 eyecatchers? The third one was made by FUNimation for their distribution in the US.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Dragon Ball GT Eyecatchers

Post by Hujio » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:21 pm

Yeah, there aren't three eyecatches, there are two... and FUNimation's. You even said so yourself, one of them is FUNimation's, but then called it "the third" eyecatch. I really don't know what to make of this post, except you're trying to show off your videos by using a misleading tag line to get people to view the thread. Not to sound too mean, but I guess that's what it comes off as to me.

Anyway, FUNimation's eyecatch was used when the series was first released in the US under their "more hardcore" marketing stance. You know, when they skipped the first 16 episodes to get to the action. It's as much an official eyecatch as "Rock the Dragon" is an official opening animation, but I don't think you can lump them in together and say they're all the same thing. The FUNimation eyecatch is a completely different entity than the Japanese ones. It's even more odd that you used the Dub track for all three. I'm just baffled by your logic on this one...
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Greenman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Greenman » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:39 pm

The combination of US dub music and original eyecatches is so awkward.

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:51 pm

Yeah, seems to me SilverPlaqueVII is trying to get people to view his youtube videos via this thread. Although, it is very possible that I'm wrong, since I can not make heads or tails of what he's trying to say on FUNimation's forums either. I have all but given up trying. Whenever I see his posts I just skip right over them. Not to sound mean or anything but, it's just so much easier to do that rather then ask you what you're talking about in each single post you make.

I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is. We all know there are *2* eyecatchers and the most confusing part of this thread is why would you use the dub track for all of them?

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:06 pm

Is it possible that the "third one" was simply used on the English video track of the original single DVDs, same way how it had English titles cards for the dub and Japanese title cards for the original?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:32 pm

Tsukento wrote:Is it possible that the "third one" was simply used on the English video track of the original single DVDs, same way how it had English titles cards for the dub and Japanese title cards for the original?
That's what is, a FUNimation English track only sort of thing.

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:17 pm

Hujio wrote:
Tsukento wrote:Is it possible that the "third one" was simply used on the English video track of the original single DVDs, same way how it had English titles cards for the dub and Japanese title cards for the original?
That's what is, a FUNimation English track only sort of thing.
It's my idea, I'm restricted to Japanese openings and endings of the anime.
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:45 pm

SilverPlaqueVII wrote:It's my idea, I'm restricted to Japanese openings and endings of the anime.
Huh?! Can you clarify a little, because that doesn't make much sense? What's your idea? Why are you restricted? What do either of those things have to do with the topic at hand?

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:08 pm

Hujio wrote:
SilverPlaqueVII wrote:It's my idea, I'm restricted to Japanese openings and endings of the anime.
Huh?! Can you clarify a little, because that doesn't make much sense? What's your idea? Why are you restricted? What do either of those things have to do with the topic at hand?
It's true, I personally like the Japanese and American scores of DB, DBZ,and DBGT.

Hao_Kaiser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Hao_Kaiser » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:15 pm

:lol:

Hahahaha... Oh, Lord.

Um... As for the "topic" at hand, I think the Japanese eyecatch with the dub music is my new favorite thing ever. It really epitomizes how FUNimation was treating the series until just recently.
[quote="Kunzait_83, on FUNimation's dub of [i]Dragon Ball Z[/i]"]"ACTION!!! EXTREME!!! AMERICAN!!!! PUNCHES TO THE HEAD!!! FUCK YEAH!!!"[/quote]
On [url=http://twitter.com/joey_blanton]my Twitter[/url], postin' some mad tweets.

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:30 pm

SilverPlaqueVII wrote:
Hujio wrote:
It's true, I personally like the Japanese and American scores of DB, DBZ,and DBGT.
Alright, let's try this again. Use your words and please elaborate. You're making absolutely no sense whatsoever.

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:32 pm

Hujio wrote:Alright, let's try this again. Use your words and please elaborate. You're making absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Sorry. I was trying to say was I'm restricted to Japanese openings and endings of the anime and I listened to American scores in each episode I watch. There you go.

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:06 pm

Maybe if I explain where you lost us, that might help. Tsukento asked if it was possible that the third video you posted was simply from FUNi's English video track. I responded telling him that that is where it is from. Then you said, "It's my idea, I'm restricted to Japanese openings and endings of the anime". Your statement doesn't fit in at all within our conversation. It seems to neither be a response to anything either of us had said, nor to really the topic. It appears to be a random thought thrown into the middle of things. And after looking through other threads, it seems that's a bad habit of yours.

Besides, you still haven't answered any of the questions I asked. So, how are we supposed to have a conversation if you just blurt out random things?

I must ask though, since you're from Ontario, is English your first language?

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:11 pm

Hujio wrote:Maybe if I explain where you lost us, that might help. Tsukento asked if it was possible that the third video you posted was simply from FUNi's English video track. I responded telling him that that is where it is from. Then you said, "It's my idea, I'm restricted to Japanese openings and endings of the anime". Your statement doesn't fit in at all within our conversation. It seems to neither be a response to anything either of us had said, nor to really the topic. It appears to be a random thought thrown into the middle of things. And after looking through other threads, it seems that's a bad habit of yours.

Besides, you still haven't answered any of the questions I asked. So, how are we supposed to have a conversation if you just blurt out random things?

I must ask though, since you're from Ontario, is English your first language?
I'm sorry about that. I was just doing this FOR THE PEOPLE who are familiar with the franchise (and GT). But I was born in the Philippines, raised in Ontario

Back on topic guys, I apologize for my absurdness. But let it go.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:23 pm

I just don't understand the point of the thread.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:28 pm

This could be come close to being almost as entertaining as Kenshi and his drawings were.... :lol:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:29 pm

Now do you guys see what I'm talking about? :roll:

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:31 pm

SilverPlaqueVII wrote:Back on topic guys, I apologize for my absurdness. But let it go.
What exactly is the topic? You showed us three videos, two of which frightened most. We've established what each is and where they're from, so what is left to discuss?
desirecampbell wrote:I just don't understand the point of the thread.
Exactly.

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:32 pm

craddle wrote:Now do you guys see what I'm talking about? :roll:
Since my brain wasn't right, close this please. Thanks.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:25 pm

Wow, who the hell would put that music with the original GT eyecatches... :lol:
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku