Borders Dragonbox 3 & DragonBall Season 4 Discount

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

xzero
Regular

Borders Dragonbox 3 & DragonBall Season 4 Discount

Post by xzero » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:27 am

I know most people here order from Rightstuf, but if anyone hasn't done so yet, I'd recommend ordering from Borders.com (though you won't get stuff super early, it should come around the release date).

Here's the deal: DragonBox 3 is $50.99 at Borders; Dragonball Season 4 is 42.99. Order the two of them together, totaling $93.98. Enter BDB7496K as a discount code by Thursday 4/15 and it'll take 40% off the total price of up to 2 DVD or Blu-Ray box sets, which these qualify as. The total price is $59.77 with free standard shipping.

I don't know what their shipping rates are when shipping isn't free, but a couple of bucks would probably be added on. If you just order DragonBox 3, it's $30.59 plus shipping. Like I said, it won't be coming early like RightStuf does, but if you can wait the extra week or so, it'll save some money (barring any good RightStuf sales between now and then).

On another note, since I was on the Borders site, I checked out VizBig V. 7, and the next VizBig release is still coming out next week, which makes it the second one (to the best of my knowledge) to actually hit its release date!!!!

EDIT: Borders also has Dragonball Kai V.1 for $25.79 after the discount. Once again, you can get free shipping if you order it in conjunction with something. I'm probably going to order that and FMA Brotherhood V.1 together.
Last edited by xzero on Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SonEric84
Banned

Re: Borders Dragonbox 3 & DragonBall Season 4 Discount

Post by SonEric84 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:46 am

Thanks for sharing this! I was looking for a good sale on DBox 3 before I put my order in. Only thing I'm wondering is if they charge the card now or not?
Trans rights, now!

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:27 pm

Um, wondering if anybody can link me to the Dragon Box 4 on borders.com? I can only seem to find 1-3. :?

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:46 pm

Rory wrote:Um, wondering if anybody can link me to the Dragon Box 4 on borders.com? I can only seem to find 1-3. :?
Why would they have 4, which hasn't even been announced yet, when the 3rd box isn't even out yet?
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:57 pm

Big thanks for this!

I canceled my rightstuf order which would have been $90+ to get it early. Now I'm only paying $64. :D

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:51 pm

$90 to ship it to CA? I like in Indiana and DBox 3 is being sent from Rightstuf by UPS Second Day Air and my total is only $55.99.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:27 pm

Kendamu wrote:$90 to ship it to CA? I like in Indiana and DBox 3 is being sent from Rightstuf by UPS Second Day Air and my total is only $55.99.
I was getting both DBox 3 and Kai season 1 which was 80 something + 7 something shipping.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:51 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
Kendamu wrote:$90 to ship it to CA? I like in Indiana and DBox 3 is being sent from Rightstuf by UPS Second Day Air and my total is only $55.99.
I was getting both DBox 3 and Kai season 1 which was 80 something + 7 something shipping.
That makes much more sense. I'm not getting both at once because they're coming out at opposite ends of the month and I want each ASAP rather than having them shipped together when Kai hits shelves.
(they/she)

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:31 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
Rory wrote:Um, wondering if anybody can link me to the Dragon Box 4 on borders.com? I can only seem to find 1-3. :?
Why would they have 4, which hasn't even been announced yet, when the 3rd box isn't even out yet?
Ah, misread title of thread.

xzero
Regular

Post by xzero » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:34 pm

I just ordered Kai & FMA together for $54. The thing that sucks is that now I'll get Kai a week late instead of two weeks early. The nice thing is that those two weeks that I'll be Kai-free, I have finals and then I'm going to Disney World, so I wouldn't have watched it anyway.

The free shipping only applies if your total order per shipment is $50. It was only $3 for standard shipping, but I didn't want to spend money to get it during a time I won't be able to watch anyway.

DbzFanboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by DbzFanboy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:00 am

Wow, thank you so much for this tip because now I can actually afford to get all the Dragon Ball releases in May as well as the entire Kodocha series I been having my eyes on.
FOREVER FORNEVER

DbzFanboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by DbzFanboy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:33 pm

Can anyone tell me if Borders charges your card immediately, or do they wait until they ship your pre-order to charge it? It's really important and I would really appreciate it.
FOREVER FORNEVER

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:46 pm

DbzFanboy wrote:Can anyone tell me if Borders charges your card immediately, or do they wait until they ship your pre-order to charge it? It's really important and I would really appreciate it.
I have a pending charge on my card right now from them. I'll have to wait and see if it goes through.

DbzFanboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by DbzFanboy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:35 pm

So does anyone have a definitive answer for me? I was thinking about buying my releases but I would like to know if they charge your card immediately or they don't until shipping time.
FOREVER FORNEVER

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:52 am

I don't know about this store specifically, but every place I've ever pre-ordered from doesn't charge me until it ships or I come pick it up.
(they/she)

DbzFanboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by DbzFanboy » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:52 am

Thanks a lot man
FOREVER FORNEVER

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:33 pm

The charge didn't go through. Most likely it was just a test to see if my card was valid. Whew!

DbzFanboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by DbzFanboy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:45 am

Hey I just wanted to give everyone a cool tip where I found the cheapest prices online for Dragon Box Z 3 $34.99, Dragon Ball Season 4 $28.99 and Dragon Ball z Kai (Blu-Ray)$30.99. You can order them from FamilyVideo.com. Shipping for 5-10 business days is $1.99 so that's another plus and again these are the lowest prices I have seen for all of these. Hope I helped some of you guys.
FOREVER FORNEVER

DbzFanboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by DbzFanboy » Tue May 04, 2010 6:51 pm

Has anyone's Dragon Ball season four or dragon box shipped (Those who purchased from borders)? I pre-ordered mine about a month ago and now that its released it says back-order. How can something that you pre-ordered become back-ordered?
FOREVER FORNEVER

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Tue May 04, 2010 7:26 pm

DbzFanboy wrote:Has anyone's Dragon Ball season four or dragon box shipped (Those who purchased from borders)? I pre-ordered mine about a month ago and now that its released it says back-order. How can something that you pre-ordered become back-ordered?

Mine is back-ordered too. I put in my order on 4/13. Maybe it means they didn't get enough in stock to fulfill all pre-orders and we just happen to fall into that lucky category? If that's the case I wanna cancel and put in an order with rightstuf, cause they have a few other things I wanna pick up anyway. I don't know how to cancel though...probably gotta call customer service. Blah.
Trans rights, now!