Dragon Box 3 discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Box 3 discussion

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue May 18, 2010 1:45 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Welp, FUNimation said on Twitter Volume Four would hit in September: http://twitter.com/funimation/status/14236304525

Whee~!
Well, that's that outta my birthday list. :(
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Tue May 18, 2010 1:58 pm

Vegeta IS in the garlic jr. saga.

The movie has no blackwater mist.

Theres kami and Mr. Popo relevance.

There was more plot in the saga than the movie.

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Tue May 18, 2010 2:21 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Welp, FUNimation said on Twitter Volume Four would hit in September: http://twitter.com/funimation/status/14236304525

Whee~!
Hurrah! I'm glad we finally heard something about it. I hope I wasn't too obnoxious or annoying @funimation when asking. I just wanted my Dragon Box collection to be finished, afterall...
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue May 18, 2010 3:32 pm

I obviously don't have numbers, but one would think it would actually be poor business for Funimation to have bought all this footage and not finish the releases. I'd put money on seeing the rest of Z no matter what. And probably the movies as well.

Only, why in the name of God do they continue to schedule these releases simultaneously with DBZ Kai? Talk about confusing for the average consumer. And spendy for the completionists.

jordanator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jordanator » Tue May 18, 2010 4:06 pm

Finally!!
I got a response from Supermart!
Here it is.
''Sorry that you have not yet received your order.

It was shipped on May 11 via standard international post.

It could take 6-20 business days for the package to be received.

Please contact us if you have not received the package by June 7.

Thank You,
SuperMart''
Well despite it not saying it has been posted, at least I now know it has!
PS3 PSN: Jordanator
XBOX 360 GAMERTAG: J0RDANAT0R
nathantheguitarist wrote: I will punch children.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue May 18, 2010 4:09 pm

Awwwwwww, geez, September? I was hoping Box 3 was an indication they'd switched to a two and a half month release schedule, meaning we'd see Box 4 in the middle of July and Box 5 in October!
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Tue May 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Saiyan wrote:
Puto wrote:The only really big problem with the double features is that the JP audio track sounds like crap. A Dragon Box release would have high quality stereo audio.
The thing about that is that the Japanese track was recorded ONLY in mono, so they remastered it the best they can with what they had. That's what made Kai such a big deal, that it was recorded the series in stereo.
Not for the movies... Those are stereo on the JP DBoxes (and the Spanish release, too).
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Tue May 18, 2010 7:14 pm

Puto wrote:Not for the movies... Those are stereo on the JP DBoxes (and the Spanish release, too).
They weren't true stereo though were they? They were just the same Mono track automatically sent through both channels weren't they?
"FUNi should take [DBZ] out behind the woodshed, give it one last treat, then blow its f%#@$ng brains out before it attacks the baby again." ~Rocketman

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue May 18, 2010 8:11 pm

DemonRin wrote:
Puto wrote:Not for the movies... Those are stereo on the JP DBoxes (and the Spanish release, too).
They weren't true stereo though were they? They were just the same Mono track automatically sent through both channels weren't they?
No, but that's what every single other DB R2 release is (the same mono channel duplicated into a "stereo" track).

Am I remembering correctly that the BGM masters used for "Dragon Box: The Movies" was stereo, and the voice-only (mono) track was laid on top of that?

'Cuz yeah, the movies sound amazing.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Tue May 18, 2010 10:45 pm

Yeah, the movies had true stereo BGM, not just mono on both channels (which is pointless to begin with). The voices were mono, but you wouldn't gain much from stereo voices anyway (except maybe on echo effects, and possibly some panning depending on on-screen positioning, but even then... eh).
DemonRin wrote:They weren't true stereo though were they? They were just the same Mono track automatically sent through both channels weren't they?
Have a sample from Movie 4 and see for yourself.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

bjnelson19705

Post by bjnelson19705 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:16 pm

Great. Got a month to earn some money. :D

But wished it was going to come out in August. Oh well.

Anarchistguy

Post by Anarchistguy » Wed May 19, 2010 1:27 am

The Tori-bot wrote:

Whee~!
But it just got in mine ;)

GizmoKSX
Beyond Newbie

Post by GizmoKSX » Wed May 19, 2010 1:45 am

Brad Redfield wrote:Speaking of Best Buy, I went in there this past Saturday and it looks like they made room on the shelves for Kai. Its kinda crazy, the DragonBall stuff takes up about three shelves out of the entire anime section. :lol:
I saw Kai on the new releases shelf today. Taking up three shelves at Best Buy is impressive now, but I remember when Suncoast had an entire wall dedicated to Dragon Ball, apart from the anime section. Of course, that was when we were getting 3-4 episodes per VHS (or DVD if you were on the cutting edge :wink: ).
Puto wrote:The voices were mono, but you wouldn't gain much from stereo voices anyway (except maybe on echo effects, and possibly some panning depending on on-screen positioning, but even then... eh).
Makes sense; even on releases with surround encoding, the voices are almost always exclusively in the center channel for clarity, with a few exceptions like a scene in X-Men where Professor Xavier's voice echoes around the speakers for effect. Was just the BGM in stereo, or did we get stereo SFX as well (auras, ki blasts, etc.)? I love good audio, and I would be interested in hearing the movies' BGM in stereo on the Japanese track, so I hope those make their way over to the States.
I can see their parachutes.

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Wed May 19, 2010 4:17 am

The Tori-bot wrote:

Whee~!
My too. I was really hoping for an August release. Why would they release the first three boxes in an average time period of three months and suddenly change that with the fourth release. It's dumb. Oh well, nothing we can do about it except wait I guess. September it is and I will be looking forward to it. :)

P.S:
twitter funimation wrote:@haseowolf Dragon Box Four will be releases in September
Will be releases? :lol:

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Wed May 19, 2010 4:26 am

BobZ wrote: P.S:
twitter funimation wrote:@haseowolf Dragon Box Four will be releases in September
Will be releases? :lol:
Haha, I caught that, too. Very professional, Funimation! :lol:
You must have faith in who you are.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed May 19, 2010 4:39 am

Well, Twitter doesn't have an edit button, and the s and d keys are right next to each other.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Wed May 19, 2010 4:57 am

jjgp1112 wrote:Well, Twitter doesn't have an edit button, and the s and d keys are right next to each other.
One of the very flaws of Twitter and keyboards.
You must have faith in who you are.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Wed May 19, 2010 7:16 am

Well, mine came today! :D Eleven days plus ash cloud is pretty good going, I'd say. And, thankfully, unlike Box 2 which I also ordered from Supermart, the box was in perfect shape! :D

It did however have the crappy adhesive. :x But I think I got lucky, it only took off a little bit of the artwork.

New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

jordanator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jordanator » Wed May 19, 2010 9:18 am

Hopefully I will still be into the DB/Z/GT series and not change into something different by the time DB4 is released....Oh well.I guess I'll be spending a lot to keep me preoccupied with DB/Z/GT.
So far I'm on the hunt for the GT season sets, the DB season sets, and all of the movies.:)
Also maybe some Kai.But does anyone know how many parts there are to it?
So overall...over 250 pounds leaving my possession.:(
PS3 PSN: Jordanator
XBOX 360 GAMERTAG: J0RDANAT0R
nathantheguitarist wrote: I will punch children.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed May 19, 2010 2:30 pm

Got mine today. I was quite surprised by how fast it came. About thee days with standard shipping. That, with the price, has definitely earned Right Stuf a returning customer.

And I continue to have no problem with the packaging. There aren't any nicks and the paper's glue peeled off easily.