With Vegeta dishes taste better!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

With Vegeta dishes taste better!

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:35 am

So, I was randomly googling things and something compelled me to google "Vegeta" and the third website that came up was in fact: http://www.vegeta.com.au. That's right, the Saiyan prince has his own website.

Yes, I know people have posted the "Vegeta" spice before (and sometimes even with Vegeta himself photoshopped on it), but no one has posted the website and I thought it would be a fun thing to share with you guys. I wonder though how the people who make this product managed to use the word "Vegeta" as it's name and still avoid lawsuits from FUNimation.

If the moderators feel that this thread is pointless or stupid, I have no problems with them locking this thread.

Gouki*
Not-So-Newbie

Re: With Vegeta dishes taste better!

Post by Gouki* » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:41 am

Oh man, I kept seeing the ads for this during Master Chef and the like and never picked up on the name.
... Maybe later.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:59 am

Gouki* wrote:Oh man, I kept seeing the ads for this during Master Chef and the like and never picked up on the name.
Lol. Next time I'm going to the supermarket, I'm buying Vegeta. :P

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:10 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:I wonder though how the people who make this product managed to use the word "Vegeta" as it's name and still avoid lawsuits from FUNimation.
By predating them by several decades? :P According to wiki, it was created in Croatia in 1959.

Also, in addition to the Australian website: http://www.vegeta.com/

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:37 am

It should be the spice company that should sue Toriyama for infringing on their trademark. :P

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:49 am

Godo wrote:It should be the spice company that should sue Toriyama for infringing on their trademark. :P
That's a character's name. Like they added the "®" next to Vegeta on it in the Budokai/Sparking (Budokai Tenkaichi) games. Hence, it's a name pun from vegetable.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

Big Boss
Regular

Post by Big Boss » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:55 am

Without "Vegeta":

With "Vegeta"

:P
Last edited by Big Boss on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:04 am

SilverPlaqueVII wrote:
Godo wrote:It should be the spice company that should sue Toriyama for infringing on their trademark. :P
That's a character's name. Like they added the "®" next to Vegeta on it in the Budokai/Sparking (Budokai Tenkaichi) games. Hence, it's a name pun from vegetable.
You seem to have missed a substantial part of the discussion, but here is an explanation.

The company name "Vegeta" is a trademark, and the name was created in Croatia in 1959. Dragonball started in 1984, and came thus after the name "Vegeta" was a trade mark. Thus, in theory, the company "Vegeta" could sue Toriyama for using their company name for a character.

But I wonder how it would work since you can romanize Vegeta in different ways (Bejita, Vegeta, Begeta ect.). Or am I totally wrong? :P

Budogenkai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Budogenkai » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:49 am

I was in Slovenia over the summer and literally right next to the place I was staying was a Vegeta factory.

I was like waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah?!
PSN: Genkaidomo
360: Bhuda64

http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips

anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?

Khalid Shahin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Khalid Shahin » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:55 pm

Fig404 made this image.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:54 pm

In Indonesia there's a brand name Vegeta it's make shit easy!
The Website

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:46 am

Godo wrote: Thus, in theory, the company "Vegeta" could sue Toriyama for using their company name for a character.
I think FUNimation would be the ones to get sued, because they specifically trademarked the "Vegeta" romanization. Toei/Toriyama would probably be okay, since they've only trademarked "ベジータ" (Bejiita).

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:06 am

Big Boss wrote:
Can't un-see, thanks a lot.

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:21 am

I have a pic of it now...

Future lawsuit...
Godo wrote:
SilverPlaqueVII wrote:
You seem to have missed a substantial part of the discussion, but here is an explanation.

The company name "Vegeta" is a trademark, and the name was created in Croatia in 1959. Dragonball started in 1984, and came thus after the name "Vegeta" was a trade mark. Thus, in theory, the company "Vegeta" could sue Toriyama for using their company name for a character.

But I wonder how it would work since you can romanize Vegeta in different ways (Bejita, Vegeta, Begeta ect.). Or am I totally wrong? :P
I doubt Toei/Shueisha will get their butts sued for the name usage by Podravaka.
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:18 am

SilverPlaqueVII wrote: I doubt Toei/Shueisha will get their butts sued for the name usage by Podravaka.
I'm not saying that they will, but that they could sue them. If they wanted to.

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:21 pm

Godo wrote:
SilverPlaqueVII wrote: I doubt Toei/Shueisha will get their butts sued for the name usage by Podravaka.
I'm not saying that they will, but that they could sue them. If they wanted to.
OK.

BTW, Podravka was the company trademarked it.