Movie DVD Questions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Re: Movie DVD Questions

Post by AgitoZ » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:53 pm

Well the singles are a bit lower quality but the colors are not messed with. Not to mention some come with things the double features don't (Movie 8:LoG2 feature, Movie 5: Mexican Dub,etc).

Also were are you guys looking for singles? At RightStuf they cost from $3 to $4.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:15 pm

Depends on if you want the movies they way they were presented in Japanese theaters and if you want the dub with Kikuchi's music. If yes to either then the Double/Triple Feature steelbooks are for you. If neither matter to you then go with the original singles.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

Goten2008

Post by Goten2008 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:46 pm

I just want good quality lol.
Last edited by Goten2008 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:10 pm

Goten2008 wrote:I just what good quality lol.
Then I'd say go with the steelbooks as they are great quality, but movies 8 & 10 are heavily DVNR'd like seasons 2 & 3, but the other 11 are fine.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:04 am

Innagadadavida wrote:
Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:That's the line of thinking that got people buying the Orang Bricks! "Well, it's better than nothing..."
Yes but consider this:
If a lot of people HADN'T bought the Orange Bricks, do you believe we would have received the Dragon Boxes? :shock:
Oh, I've never thought of it like that. I'd have to say "probably not".

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:21 pm

It really depends actually, if you just want to watch the dub with an amazing encode and at pretty affordable (can't say the same for the Coola Steelbook) price, then your best bet would be the Double Features.

But if you're wanting a more complete japanese version now rather than waiting for a Dragon Box release, then you're better off with the singles as they contain the alternate angles which was removed from the Double Features(japanese title cards and credits), preview for Movie 7 (at the end of Movie 6) and from what I remember, the audio quality for the japanese track was better than the Double Features.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:25 pm

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:
Goku100xKamehameha wrote:
Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:This question seems to get asked a lot. But my answer is always: definately get the double features. They're cheaper and look better visually. What more could you want?
Umm.... the Dragon Box The Movies?
That is currently out, I mean.
The original 4:3 masters FUNi was given, devoid of video alterations? I can hardly stand to look at my double features, sometimes...
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Does anyone know if the Dragon Box movies have the extra 5% of image on the left and right side of the footage like the remastered double features?

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:42 pm

JulieYBM wrote: The original 4:3 masters FUNi was given, devoid of video alterations? I can hardly stand to look at my double features, sometimes...
I guess it just comes down to opinion, then. I think the double features look pretty damn good.

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:08 am

Codarik wrote:Does anyone know if the Dragon Box movies have the extra 5% of image on the left and right side of the footage like the remastered double features?
Some of the movies have it and some don't, ones I know that do are Movies 8 and 13

Choice195
Banned

Post by Choice195 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:08 am

TheGreatness25 wrote: Movie Singles
- May be expensive and hard to track down
I beg to differ, you can buy all of the original Movie Singles for $3-4 at Rightstuf.com

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:13 am

Choice195 wrote:
TheGreatness25 wrote: Movie Singles
- May be expensive and hard to track down
I beg to differ, you can buy all of the original Movie Singles for $3-4 at Rightstuf.com
Or Amazon but he said "may". Well, In some cases. Yes, It's hard to track down but not that hard.

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:32 pm

I have a complete set of all the steel book double features. They are practically brand new. I took the Bardock disk out and watched it once and Cooler's Revenge and watched it once. The rest haven't even been watched at all. They are opened (no shrinkwrap) but are in pristine, perfect condition (No scratches, scuffs or anything) on any of the discs. I'm looking to sell them off if you're interested in getting the whole set in one fell swoop and want to avoid tracking them all down online. Make me an offer that is reasonable and worth my trouble to go dig them out of storage, and we can probably work something out.
"Of" =/= "Have"

Contractions:
-Should have = Should've
-Could have = Could've
-Would have = Would've

The heck does "should of" even mean anyway? Think about what those two words mean individually, and then try to read them back to back in a sentence and make sense of it. Are you forming a prepositional phrase, is "should" a part of a larger grouping, or are you just typing random words based on how you think you hear them used verbally? Perhaps take a moment to contemplate this, and see if it becomes as mind jarring for you to look at as it does for me..

Dragon Ball Freak

Post by Dragon Ball Freak » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:57 pm

Hi I also have a couple of new questions about the movies

1.When I was watching the movies long ago on Cartoon Network the English Dubs had music preformed by real American Bands and was wondering if any DVD Releases have this music?

What Is this special feature Movie 8:LoG2 feature that's not on the steelbooks?

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:10 pm

Dragon Ball Freak wrote:Hi I also have a couple of new questions about the movies

1.When I was watching the movies long ago on Cartoon Network the English Dubs had music preformed by real American Bands and was wondering if any DVD Releases have this music?

Yes the Steelbook releases do have the American band music on the TV Specials & movies 4, 5, 8 & 10.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:15 pm

Dragon Ball Freak wrote:
The feature is a look at how the people at Webfoot made the Legacy of Goku 2 game for the GBA. It sorta of a behind the scenes tour of the game.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Dragon Ball Freak

Post by Dragon Ball Freak » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:18 pm

Thanks for your responses.

Dragon Ball Freak

Post by Dragon Ball Freak » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:17 pm

It's been quite a while, but the first release of the Dead Zone I think has the insert song on the dub track, but in the Steel Book it was replaced with silence. Does anybody know why?