Curse of the Blood Rubies Trailer

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kirbopher
Regular

Curse of the Blood Rubies Trailer

Post by Kirbopher » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:26 pm

(My apologies if there's a thread on this somewhere already.)

http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=video&v=6349

Came across this on FUNi's video site. STILL can't tell if this will have a dub track on it, it was too difficult to tell from the trailer. Any thoughts on this? Sounds like we're finally getting it soon at least.

piccolo-san785
Beyond Newbie

Re: Curse of the Blood Rubies Trailer

Post by piccolo-san785 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:38 pm

Well that was a pretty crappy trailer.

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:53 pm

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:37 pm

Can anyone rip it for foreigners or is it the exact same trailer as before?

Greenman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Greenman » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:02 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:Can anyone rip it for foreigners or is it the exact same trailer as before?
It's the same one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7mJ_qDnBBA

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:29 pm

That box looks way to big to hold 1 DVD.

Atleast Z didn't get 3 movies about slightly different ways for Goku to meet Bulma and everyone else. Wasn't that almost every DB movie and the 10 anniv. special?

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:46 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:That box looks way to big to hold 1 DVD.
Well it's probably in the same type of packaging that their viridian collections have, which I assume reduce cost.
LeprikanGT wrote:
Atleast Z didn't get 3 movies about slightly different ways for Goku to meet Bulma and everyone else. Wasn't that almost every DB movie and the 10 anniv. special?
Although you're partially right not all DB movies are like that. It's better to say they retell arcs.

The first and tenth anniversary special remake the first arc, the tenth anniversary partially does red ribbon too.

The second movie retells Goku and Kuirin's meeting and training right before the 21st Budokai.

While the third retells part the Red Ribbon arc and the 22nd Budokai arcs. Sort of a weird mix of both where it tells a new story with elements of both arcs.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:18 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
LeprikanGT wrote:That box looks way to big to hold 1 DVD.
Well it's probably in the same type of packaging that their viridian collections have, which I assume reduce cost.
That's not the actual packaging, it's a generated image of the packaging, keepcases always look like that in their trailers.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:22 pm

I'm willing to bet there will be a dub. Somebody on Chris Sabat's Facebook page asked if this movie was going to get an uncut dub, and his response was, "You have nothing to worry about :)." I don't know for certain, but something tells me that was his way of saying, "Yes there will be, but I can't legally tell you that right now."
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Cowboy Dev
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cowboy Dev » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:23 pm

I might get this if I have nothing else to buy at the time.
A Dragon Ball/Urusei Yatsura crossover would be awesome.
Having Toshio Furukawa balance between Piccolo and Ataru would be hilarious.

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:29 pm

Since I can't really watch flash videos at the moment, what's the known details on this so far? Will it be like the old release and singles and be 4:3, like the recent stuff in "Remastered" widescreen?

And... we don't know if there's a dub? ...Really!?

:|
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:34 pm

Uh, doesn't that trailer have the scene from the TV series that was inserted into the movie for the previous release? Not good.

I wonder if Naldony and Vollmer will return as Goku and Bulma. I don't mind the former returning, but the latter? Well, I hope she's improved.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:43 pm

There's a new dub for the movies now eh? If Goku's voice is anything like Gohan's, I won't touch it with a 50 meter pole.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:22 pm

TheBlackPaladin wrote:I'm willing to bet there will be a dub. Somebody on Chris Sabat's Facebook page asked if this movie was going to get an uncut dub, and his response was, "You have nothing to worry about :)." I don't know for certain, but something tells me that was his way of saying, "Yes there will be, but I can't legally tell you that right now."
Yay! FUNimation, give me Nadolny as Gokū and we're golden. :P

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:16 pm

Perfect wrote:There's a new dub for the movies now eh? If Goku's voice is anything like Gohan's, I won't touch it with a 50 meter pole.
Really? I heard his new voice was better. Is it bad or just different?

Anyway, I'm glad I'll finally be able to get this movie.... I've never even watched my cut version on Collection 1.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:19 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:
Perfect wrote:There's a new dub for the movies now eh? If Goku's voice is anything like Gohan's, I won't touch it with a 50 meter pole.

Anyway, I'm glad I'll finally be able to get this movie.... I've never even watched my cut version on Collection 1.
It's really just personal preference, you can go on FUNi's http://DragonBallZKai.com and look at some trailers.
It's insanely annoying to me, I'd rather listen to Brian's Vegeta scream over and over and over and over.
Last edited by Perfect on Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:19 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:
It's exponentially better than the previous, hollow, soulless Gohan.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:05 am

penguintruth wrote:
Kingdom Heartless wrote:
It's exponentially better than the previous, hollow, soulless Gohan.
I guess you're entitled to your opinion, but "hollow and soulless" is a bit over-the-top I think. My issue with Nadolny's voice for Gohan was the unnatural rasp it had, which isn't really the voice for a kid. But soulless? She definitely had a lot going on in the enthusiasm department. If you want to see a "hollow and soulless" Gohan.......okay, my apologies in advance to German fans.......look at clips of the German kid Gohan.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Great Saiyaman I
Regular

Post by Great Saiyaman I » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:58 pm

Perfect wrote:
Kingdom Heartless wrote:

It's really just personal preference, you can go on FUNi's http://DragonBallZKai.com and look at some trailers.
It's insanely annoying to me, I'd rather listen to Brian's Vegeta scream over and over and over and over.
Ooh, that's the first time I heard that voice. I'm not liking it too much.

However, I've never seen this movie and I'm looking forward to it.
-The Great Saiyaman
Herms wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:Herms can you translate the whole thing
No.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:21 pm

The voice changes as Gohan develops. At first, he's a cute but a coddled crybaby. Later, he's more mature, and not whining anymore.

I suppose I would prefer to hear Clinkenbeard's Gokuh (though, we don't really know what it'll sound like), but I'd be okay with Nadolny. As for Bulma, though, I MUST have Rial; Vollmer's Bulma never sounded right to me.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."