How will Funimation's Dragon Box of the movies be released?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: How will Funimation's Dragon Box of the movies be released?

Post by Bardo117 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:45 pm

I don't think we'll ever see Funi release an entire box set like that. They'll probably do double features again.
El Conejo Malo

NUDEoctopus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NUDEoctopus » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:14 pm

Bardo117 wrote:I don't think we'll ever see Funi release an entire box set like that. They'll probably do double features again.
Why on earth would they do that? That makes no business sense whatsoever. I believe they will in fact, create a Dragon Box for the movies, only on a cheaper scale without bonus features, just like the NA DBoxes. If its really for "hardcore" fans, its going to mimic the JP as much as possible, even FUNi gets why that would be important to do so.
PSN: moyerman105

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:29 pm

NUDEoctopus wrote:
Bardo117 wrote:I don't think we'll ever see Funi release an entire box set like that. They'll probably do double features again.
Why on earth would they do that? That makes no business sense whatsoever. I believe they will in fact, create a Dragon Box for the movies, only on a cheaper scale without bonus features, just like the NA DBoxes. If its really for "hardcore" fans, its going to mimic the JP as much as possible, even FUNi gets why that would be important to do so.
FUNI is know for doing retarded things like that. They wanna sell as much as they can.
El Conejo Malo

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:56 am

Bardo117 wrote: FUNI is know for doing retarded things like that. They wanna sell as much as they can.
FUNimation is some cheap, moneygrubbing company. They actually listen to their fans; they released the Dragon Boxes. They've could've just stuck with the Season Sets (which were selling well at the time).

Kakarotto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kakarotto » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:50 pm

I dont know if this makes sense but the first japanese Dragon Box was worth ¥100,000 and it was Approximately 3,700 minutes and the Dragon Box for the movies was worth ¥52,500 and it was 898 minutes. So rounding up the numbers and dividing them (¥100,000/¥50,000= 2 and 4,000/1000= 4) would make it seem like the movies are worth twice that of what the first half of the series is worth. So insted of releasing them in one Dragon Box, which is possible since its around 1000 minutes like the other NA Dragon Boxes, will they release two Dragon Boxes both around 500 minutes (less if they do not include the four DB movies) and both around the same price of the other NA Dragon Boxes?

What do you think of my hypothesis?
Bald that way