Top Disliked Moments

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Turtle Marked Stone
Regular
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:22 pm
Contact:

Top Disliked Moments

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:22 pm

What are some moments you couldn't stand in the series? I was lurking around on DB wikia (boy....that site is....something)
and saw this topic. It was interesting to hear what they had to say so I figured I'd ask you guys about it.

User avatar
Duo
I Live Here
Posts: 3213
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:14 pm
Location: West Michigan
Contact:

Re: Top Disliked Moments

Post by Duo » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:27 pm

When Tenshinhan breaks Yamcha's legs. OMG OWFUCK
Ajay is a skank

User avatar
Perfect
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:16 am

Re: Top Disliked Moments

Post by Perfect » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:28 pm

I'm not sure why this thread can't be "Top liked moments" instead.

When Cell dies.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

User avatar
Turtle Marked Stone
Regular
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Top Disliked Moments

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:31 pm

Perfect wrote:I'm not sure why this thread can't be "Top liked moments" instead.

When Cell dies.
Er...because I want to hear what people don't like about the series?

User avatar
Perfect
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:16 am

Re: Top Disliked Moments

Post by Perfect » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:32 pm

Turtle Marked Stone wrote:
Perfect wrote:I'm not sure why this thread can't be "Top liked moments" instead.

When Cell dies.
Er...because I want to hear what people don't like about the series?
I'm sure that's evident everywhere you look.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

User avatar
Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 977
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: Top Disliked Moments

Post by Bardo117 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:32 pm

When the drawings are crappy.
El Conejo Malo

User avatar
Turtle Marked Stone
Regular
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Top Disliked Moments

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:34 pm

Perfect wrote: I'm sure that's evident everywhere you look.
It's easier to see everyone's opinion in one thread than trekking through all of them.

User avatar
Perfect
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:16 am

Re: Top Disliked Moments

Post by Perfect » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:35 pm

Turtle Marked Stone wrote:
Perfect wrote: I'm sure that's evident everywhere you look.
It's easier to see everyone's opinion in one thread then trekking through all of them.
I'm pretty sure: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopi ... &start=220 has been doing a fairly nice job of that.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

User avatar
Turtle Marked Stone
Regular
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Top Disliked Moments

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:36 pm

Perfect wrote:
Turtle Marked Stone wrote:
Perfect wrote: I'm sure that's evident everywhere you look.
It's easier to see everyone's opinion in one thread then trekking through all of them.
I'm pretty sure: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopi ... &start=220 has been doing a fairly nice job of that.
Yes but that's more from an outside "story telling" or production of the show/manga point of view as opposed to directly focusing on moments in the story.

But by all means if you want to start a "circle jerk about Dragon Ball" topic go ahead.

User avatar
Kid Buu
I Live Here
Posts: 3944
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:02 am

Re: Top Disliked Moments

Post by Kid Buu » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:38 pm

Anything to do with Supreme Kai, sorry to anyone that likes him but I hated him.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

User avatar
Castor Troy
I Live Here
Posts: 2134
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:37 pm
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: Top Disliked Moments

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:39 pm

Vegeta not even getting a good hit on Freeza when everyone else did. :evil:

I know Toriyama rectified this in later sagas, but Vegeta should have at least landed some kind of damaging blow to Freeza. That energy blast he fired on Freeza's back doesn't count.

User avatar
Turtle Marked Stone
Regular
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Top Disliked Moments

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:40 pm

Kid Buu wrote:Anything to do with Supreme Kai, sorry to anyone that likes him but I hated him.
That's interesting, any particular reason? He always seemed like a mundane side character to me. (Ironic position for the ultimate God of the universe.)

User avatar
Perfect
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:16 am

Re: Top Disliked Moments

Post by Perfect » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:43 pm

Turtle Marked Stone wrote: But by all means if you want to start a "circle jerk about Dragon Ball" topic go ahead.
You'd think that'd be all over this forum, rather than cliched negativity.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

User avatar
Kid Buu
I Live Here
Posts: 3944
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:02 am

Re: Top Disliked Moments

Post by Kid Buu » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:43 pm

Turtle Marked Stone wrote:
Kid Buu wrote:Anything to do with Supreme Kai, sorry to anyone that likes him but I hated him.
That's interesting, any particular reason? He always seemed like a mundane side character to me. (Ironic position for the ultimate God of the universe.)
He just came across of an over-paranoid annoying hack. There was so much hype and build up with all that stuff from Piccolo and all but it turns out he was just fodder that would probably be afraid of Yamcha if Yamcha drew a M on his forehead.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

User avatar
Turtle Marked Stone
Regular
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Top Disliked Moments

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:44 pm

Perfect wrote:
Turtle Marked Stone wrote: But by all means if you want to start a "circle jerk about Dragon Ball" topic go ahead.
You'd think that'd be all over this forum, rather than cliched negativity.
Go for it, sew the seeds of positivity for this forum.
Kid Buu wrote: He just came across of an over-paranoid annoying hack. There was so much hype and build up with all that stuff from Piccolo and all but it turns out he was just fodder that would probably be afraid of Yamcha if Yamcha drew a M on his forehead.
I always viewed Piccolo being afraid of him as a "oh shit, he's a god" type of response as opposed to being afraid of his power. I think the comparison between him and Trunks is interesting. They both know and fear the devastation their monsters can bestow upon the world so they end up looking paranoid to all the other fighters who don't quite grasp how terrifying the villain can be.

User avatar
Perfect
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:16 am

Re: Top Disliked Moments

Post by Perfect » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:59 pm

Turtle Marked Stone wrote: You'd think that'd be all over this forum, rather than cliched negativity.
Go for it, sew the seeds of positivity for this forum.
The seeds are already there, all they require are astute users.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

User avatar
Turtle Marked Stone
Regular
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Top Disliked Moments

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:00 pm

Perfect wrote:
Turtle Marked Stone wrote: You'd think that'd be all over this forum, rather than cliched negativity.
Go for it, sew the seeds of positivity for this forum.
The seeds are already there, all they require are astute users.
Go Perfect, go out and zap to the extreme!

User avatar
Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 977
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: Top Disliked Moments

Post by Bardo117 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:03 pm

Turtle Marked Stone wrote:
Kid Buu wrote:Anything to do with Supreme Kai, sorry to anyone that likes him but I hated him.
That's interesting, any particular reason? He always seemed like a mundane side character to me. (Ironic position for the ultimate God of the universe.)
I hate how the Supreme Kai is always being a bitch. Sort of like Vegeta was acting in the Broly movie.
El Conejo Malo

User avatar
Perfect
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1865
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:16 am

Re: Top Disliked Moments

Post by Perfect » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:04 pm

Turtle Marked Stone wrote:
Perfect wrote:
Turtle Marked Stone wrote: You'd think that'd be all over this forum, rather than cliched negativity.
Go for it, sew the seeds of positivity for this forum.
The seeds are already there, all they require are astute users.
Go Perfect, go out and zap to the extreme!
I'm not an extremist with things like these, so that doesn't work.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

User avatar
Kaboom
Moderator
Posts: 14134
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: Funky Town
Contact:

Re: Top Disliked Moments

Post by Kaboom » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm

Perfect, please don't try to veer the thread off in the exact opposite of its intended direction.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
3DS FC: 1504 - 5800 - 6358


We Gotta Power >>>>> Cha-La Head Cha-La. Fight me.

A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Post Reply