Zoukei Tenkaichi Budoukai by Banpresto

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Re: Zoukei Tenkaichi Budoukai by Banpresto

Post by Raithos » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:39 pm

oXdanXo wrote:So when it's all said and done, how many will get made :?:
Just one unfortunately, the Master's star piece line produces PVC figures with special attention to detail clocking in at almost 30 cm tall. So that SSJ3 Goku would be a whopping 30 cm, PVC with high attention to detail- that's insane.
StarRot wrote:
Raithos wrote:So coloured pictures of the pieces have started to come in, and... just look.
snip*
Aw, I love it. I like that they added a hermit crab to the base. Little details like that on figures always makes me smile.

I definitely agree, the Driving school piece would have been an excellent piece to have been made.
snip*
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Drooling. That smirk.
Seeing this one really makes me hope they make a Vegetto and Gogeta figure to the same level of detail.
I know right! The figure is downright amazing. I acknowledge SSJ Gohan and Driving School Goku, and even Piccolo even though we have a lot of him. But I truly feel hands down the SSJ3 piece deserves to win, I mean look at it! That detailing on his clothes, hair and face is insanity. The figure looks so good, I would honestly pay 100$ to have 2 of them, it's so well made. Oh god if they made a Vegetto and Gogeta in this scale with that much detail I'd have a heart attack.
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:52 pm

I really want SSJ3 Goku to win now too! It’s just … so high quality. Almost Alter level of detail. (Off topic, but I would love for Alter to make DB figures. The quality and detail they put into their figures is just stunning. I mean, just look at this. AMAZING.).

If they did make Vegetto and Gogeta figures they’d probably end up making you vote for either one. D=

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:00 pm

StarRot wrote:I really want SSJ3 Goku to win now too! It’s just … so high quality. Almost Alter level of detail. (Off topic, but I would love for Alter to make DB figures. The quality and detail they put into their figures is just stunning. I mean, just look at this. AMAZING.).

If they did make Vegetto and Gogeta figures they’d probably end up making you vote for either one. D=
I sincerely hope SSJ3 does win, it deserves it for the quality alone.
Damn, Alter spares no expense for quality eh?
I know, Banpresto loves to release and announce beautiful figures, and then "ooops- we're only making one, sorry bye lolololol". It's upsetting at times, lol.
Otaku at heart.

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:08 pm

Raithos wrote:Damn, Alter spares no expense for quality eh?
Totally. Best $100+ I've ever spent and the damn thing isn't even released yet.
Then again, now that I think of it, if Alter did start making DB figures they’d all be in the $100-$200 range. =/
Worth it though.
Raithos wrote:I know, Banpresto loves to release and announce beautiful figures, and then "ooops- we're only making one, sorry bye lolololol". It's upsetting at times, lol.
A lot of companies have been doing that lately. (Konami, I’m looking at you in particular.)
“Hey, we were gonna make this a general release, but now we’re making it limited/exclusive, enjoy spending 15,000 yen on a tiny robot girl!”
*Sob* Alastore, Kyknos will you ever be mine?

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:42 pm

StarRot wrote:
Raithos wrote:Damn, Alter spares no expense for quality eh?
Totally. Best $100+ I've ever spent and the damn thing isn't even released yet.
Then again, now that I think of it, if Alter did start making DB figures they’d all be in the $100-$200 range. =/
Worth it though.
Raithos wrote:I know, Banpresto loves to release and announce beautiful figures, and then "ooops- we're only making one, sorry bye lolololol". It's upsetting at times, lol.
A lot of companies have been doing that lately. (Konami, I’m looking at you in particular.)
“Hey, we were gonna make this a general release, but now we’re making it limited/exclusive, enjoy spending 15,000 yen on a tiny robot girl!”
*Sob* Alastore, Kyknos will you ever be mine?
Lol I agree so much it hurts :/
Otaku at heart.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:50 pm

So wait, if they're not all being made why did they release color versions of the "losers" too? Also, does anyone know how much these will run?
Trans rights, now!

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:07 pm

SonEric84 wrote:So wait, if they're not all being made why did they release color versions of the "losers" too? Also, does anyone know how much these will run?
I don't know to be honest, I know there will be only one MSP winner. Maybe the others could be rolled out on the HQDX scale? That would be nice. But it's up in the air at the moment.
Otaku at heart.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:03 am

Raithos wrote:I don't know to be honest, I know there will be only one MSP winner. Maybe the others could be rolled out on the HQDX scale? That would be nice. But it's up in the air at the moment.
Oh okay, thanks. Yeah, I'm hoping so. I really like the look of these and Driving School Goku is just awesome.

Also, nice signature. haha
Trans rights, now!

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:10 am

SonEric84 wrote:
Raithos wrote:I don't know to be honest, I know there will be only one MSP winner. Maybe the others could be rolled out on the HQDX scale? That would be nice. But it's up in the air at the moment.
Oh okay, thanks. Yeah, I'm hoping so. I really like the look of these and Driving School Goku is just awesome.

Also, nice signature. haha
The Driving school figure definitely deserves to be made, I don't think anything like it has been officially produced on a DX scale before?

Lol, thank you. I sort of sat back one day while reflecting on myself and that line just popped into my head. :P
Otaku at heart.

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:26 am

Raithos wrote:
SonEric84 wrote:So wait, if they're not all being made why did they release color versions of the "losers" too? Also, does anyone know how much these will run?
I don't know to be honest, I know there will be only one MSP winner. Maybe the others could be rolled out on the HQDX scale? That would be nice. But it's up in the air at the moment.
That’s what I think they’ll do.
Though, to be fair, it’s not uncommon for toy companies to make a complete item, show it off … then just not release it.
Hopefully these figures will be released, in some form or another.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:09 am

For me, the smile ruins SS3 Goku. They're all pretty awesome...but I really want dat Driving School Goku.

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Tue May 10, 2011 6:34 pm

From what I can tell from the blog I read here: http://ameblo.jp/watana-blog (scroll down about halfway, translator recommended if you're not Japanese) The master star piece dragonball figure torunament is over and the winner is Piccolo, with SSJ3 Goku runner up in second and SSJ Battle damged Goku (Freeza Arc) as third place. Now I THINK Banpresto will make the other two figures, but only Piccolo's designer will get the added bonus and stuff that comes with first place.

Edit: Driving school Goku and Freeza also got some other figure awards of some type.
Last edited by Raithos on Wed May 11, 2011 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Otaku at heart.

capsule X nike
Not-So-Newbie

Post by capsule X nike » Tue May 10, 2011 10:26 pm

Wow... I can not believe the Piccolo won, or that the SSj Gokou even made it into the top 3. Who the hell wants ANOTHER super Gokou with tattered clothes? Not me. The Saiyaman Gohan and the driving school Gokou definitely should have made it into the top 3. I guess people are okay with seeing figures of the same character over and over and over again....

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Tue May 10, 2011 10:34 pm

Yeah, I really want a Saiyaman figure... plus that Goku looks pretty much the same as the new Wild Style one. So I'll give it a miss.

I really wish the Driving Outfit had gotten the chance to be released... that would be a definite pre-order.

Still, I really hope I will get the chance to buy the Piccolo and SSj3 Goku.... are these going to be rare items, or would they become available on most of the standard figure sites?
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Wed May 11, 2011 11:53 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:Yeah, I really want a Saiyaman figure... plus that Goku looks pretty much the same as the new Wild Style one. So I'll give it a miss.

I really wish the Driving Outfit had gotten the chance to be released... that would be a definite pre-order.

Still, I really hope I will get the chance to buy the Piccolo and SSj3 Goku.... are these going to be rare items, or would they become available on most of the standard figure sites?
The Master Stars Piece stuff should be available to the general market. These are huge figures though, we're talking like 30cm plus. I might pick up the Piccolo for the hell of it but above all else I want that SSJ3 Goku, I MUST have it, hell I'm getting 2 of that. The battle damaged SSJ Goku is a "meh" at best. I mean I'll still get it but... meh. Lol.
Otaku at heart.

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Wed May 11, 2011 12:26 pm

I would probably pick the the Piccolo. The size and look of it are appealing aspects I guess. I really wanted something more obscure though. :(
I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

oXdanXo
Regular

Post by oXdanXo » Wed May 11, 2011 5:33 pm

So it's going to be 30 cm tall? That's going to cost me an arm and a leg, the normal DX ones set me back between £15 and £20 a piece. :twisted: Looks like I can't afford figures anymore then :lol:
Next to get; Leged of Saiyan figures and Freeza's force

If anyone sees
Any of the Legend of Saiyan line going cheapish
Or any other Banpresto DBZ figure :)

If anyone has a cooler steelbook dvd that wants to sell it (prefer new but used is fine) when/if the dragon box movies comes out contact me :)

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Wed May 11, 2011 8:52 pm

oXdanXo wrote:So it's going to be 30 cm tall? That's going to cost me an arm and a leg, the normal DX ones set me back between £15 and £20 a piece. :twisted: Looks like I can't afford figures anymore then :lol:
The MSP Naruto is 28.99 off toyslogic preorder. Judging by that price I don't think these will be too bad at all as long as you order them early or get it at Angolz.
Otaku at heart.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Thu May 12, 2011 1:21 am

So when can we expect these to be available for pre-order.... I want to get in as early as possible.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Thu May 12, 2011 2:04 am

No clue yet, I'd expect in a few months, Banpresto originally wanted the winning figure to be produced for the 2011 year so I'd say towards the end of the year? But factor in the tragedy that happened in Japan it halted some things and I think it affected the contest, that's why it was only decided like 2 days ago, so the announcement for release and etc, is yet to be seen.
Otaku at heart.