What would of been the best way to show Goku's final death?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kaialone
Regular

Re: What would of been the best way to show Goku's final death?

Post by kaialone » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:51 pm

JulieYBM wrote:I love the supposed fate of he and Vegeta in Dragon Ball Online. It seems right for those two to bring an end to their era and a beginning to the next with their deaths.

Yeah me too
-凯

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:13 pm

Lol I love the pic of ChiChi killing Goku. Being married to a woman who plays with swords that's even funnier to me.

(and btw "would of" is wrong, it's "would have" or contracted "would've"...stupid pet peeve of mine)
- Scott
http://morganstudios.com

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:32 pm

Perfect wrote:I like Dragon Ball Online's way. He goes off to fight Vegeta one last time before he dies.
Since DBO is technically canon, isn't his death canon to?
I loved this one.

Though GTs ending with Goku was pretty awesome.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:53 am

Daimo-Rukiri wrote:Since DBO is technically canon, isn't his death canon too?
Not this again...

On the topic, I like Dragon Ball Online's idea of Goku and Vegeta going off to have one last battle. A death worthy of a Saiyan, and an end to the current generation and the beginning of a new one.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:02 am

Rocketman wrote:*Snip*
Herms wrote:1. Chi-Chi [#FR2#CHI]

Chapter: 329 (DBZ 135), 9.4-5
Context: after learning that Goku refuses to return to Earth
Kame-sennin: “I-I know! He’s afraid of his wife! He can’t stand her! So the strongest in the universe is Super Saiyan Son Goku’s wife!”
*Chi-Chi threatens him with a sword*
Kame-sennin: “I-I was joking…joking!...”
http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopi ... =7&t=15488
Kamesennin saying he was joking was to not get killed, so his statement still stands.
Chi Chi is the strongest in the universe, stated by a reliable source, so Rocketman is spot on.

LilKokuLink
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LilKokuLink » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:03 am

:/

How does Goku die in DragonBall Online?

Actions have reactions so don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships that people don't speak of.
Dub fan.
Naveed.

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:22 pm

LilKokuLink wrote::/

How does Goku die in DragonBall Online?

He and Vegeta feel their ends drawing near and thus decide to fly off to have one final epic battle to the death yeah right,they're not fooling me

Its during Age 801 so Goku is physicaly about 64 and Vegeta is physicaly about 71
-凯

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Dr. Casey » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:40 pm

Wait... what. Do Saiyans have shorter lifespans than humans? Because 64 isn't particularly close to the end unless you're offed early by some kind of accident or health complication. Vegeta's hanging it up kind of early, too.

Not that I really like Goku's Dragon Ball Online final death anyway... I don't think Vegeta's such an important element of his life that a fight between them's the most logical conclusion to his story. Just seems like random fanboy pandering to me.
Princess Snake avatars courtesy of Kunzait, Chibi Goku avatar from Velasa.

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:00 pm

Dr. Casey wrote:Wait... what. Do Saiyans have shorter lifespans than humans? Because 64 isn't particularly close to the end unless you're offed early by some kind of accident or health complication. Vegeta's hanging it up kind of early, too.

Not that I really like Goku's Dragon Ball Online final death anyway... I don't think Vegeta's such an important element of his life that a fight between them's the most logical conclusion to his story. Just seems like random fanboy pandering to me.
Appearently Saiyajin stay in their prime longer so they can fight more,but at a certain age they start to age a lot faster than humans

In the morning,Vegeta goes into the bathroom.He looks into the mirror...and spots a grey hair on his head.Vegeta:FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
-凯

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Dr. Casey » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:11 pm

In the morning,Vegeta goes into the bathroom.He looks into the mirror...and spots a grey hair on his head.Vegeta:FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I remembered the bit about the accelerated aging, though I assumed it kicked in later; I figured it started somewhere around the early or middle 80s and the Saiyan would die within the next five or six years. The rapid aging must be a more gradual process than I thought if Goku's worried about it at 64; originally I pictured the rapid aging thing as saiyans practically turning into skeletons overnight, but the aging speed is actually closer to simply being doubled from the sound of it.
Princess Snake avatars courtesy of Kunzait, Chibi Goku avatar from Velasa.

p123
Advanced Regular

Post by p123 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:04 pm

IMO Goku should never die. He's not a person, he is all that is good in the universe. I rather like GT's ending for Goku, an ever eternal sense of good who will combat evil whenever it shows up. Goku is much more than a mere man, he's a symbol. He shouldn't die. Or if he does, let him keep his body forever in Other World and allow him to access the mortal realm if ever needed. That would probably be more realistic...

Great Saiyaman I
Regular

Post by Great Saiyaman I » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:29 pm

p123 wrote:IMO Goku should never die. He's not a person, he is all that is good in the universe. I rather like GT's ending for Goku, an ever eternal sense of good who will combat evil whenever it shows up. Goku is much more than a mere man, he's a symbol. He shouldn't die. Or if he does, let him keep his body forever in Other World and allow him to access the mortal realm if ever needed. That would probably be more realistic...
Good Lord that was sappy.

I think if he died he would do it accidentally while sparring or training.
-The Great Saiyaman
Herms wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:Herms can you translate the whole thing
No.

SegaSaturnGamer

Post by SegaSaturnGamer » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:02 pm

Great Saiyaman I wrote:
p123 wrote:IMO Goku should never die. He's not a person, he is all that is good in the universe. I rather like GT's ending for Goku, an ever eternal sense of good who will combat evil whenever it shows up. Goku is much more than a mere man, he's a symbol. He shouldn't die. Or if he does, let him keep his body forever in Other World and allow him to access the mortal realm if ever needed. That would probably be more realistic...
Good Lord that was sappy.

I think if he died he would do it accidentally while sparring or training.
Or in sacrificing his life to save the people of Earth. :mrgreen:
http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_image ... _full.jpeg

Rosette Christopher, the Sexiest and deadliest Nun to ever exist in fiction!