2011 DBZ Prototypes

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Re: 2011 DBZ Prototypes

Post by Raithos » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:24 am

TheLegendary117 wrote: The SS3 Goku Muscle Mania HQDX figure, SS Broly and Nappa were also in that series
Ah, you're right. I didn't like that figure so I disregarded it mentally. My point is SSJ3 still should have won or at least advanced as compared to the 3 other HQDX Picoolo's we already have.
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:30 am

TheLegendary117 wrote:
SonEric84 wrote:Make them all of make the ones people don't see often. Android 16 isn't everywhere and I can't even think of 1 figure of Driving School Goku or even Piccolo for that matter. We have tons of Super Saiyans, make some other characters.

That's basically what I was getting at.
Trans rights, now!

TheLegendary117
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheLegendary117 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:37 am

Raithos wrote:
TheLegendary117 wrote: The SS3 Goku Muscle Mania HQDX figure, SS Broly and Nappa were also in that series
Ah, you're right. I didn't like that figure so I disregarded it mentally. My point is SSJ3 still should have won or at least advanced as compared to the 3 other HQDX Picoolo's we already have.
Really? Wow, I really like that figure. Whatever tho, I only have 1 of the Piccolo's, I still need to pick up the other 2
Gamertag: TheLegendary117
Facebook.com/TheLegendary117
Facebook.com/The70MGame

Part Spartan, Part Saiyan

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:56 am

TheLegendary117 wrote:
Raithos wrote:
Really? Wow, I really like that figure. Whatever tho, I only have 1 of the Piccolo's, I still need to pick up the other 2
Yeah it was too over the top for me, and I don't like how his hair is white in many areas, just looked too exaggerated in my opinion for the character but the quality and sculpt are good though. The only Piccolo I'd even consider getting is the Volume 4 one with the cape. Other than that he's not someone I'd look at. Granted the Piccolo in the Budokai Master's Star Piece collection is very nice, I still think the SSJ3 Goku should have won it. By the looks of the rankings though the SSJ Goku will probably win it. I agree with others when they say Banpresto should make all of these figures. You get some really rare never before seen ones like Driving school Goku, Android 16, SSJ2 Gohan (Buu era), Perfect Cell and Dr. Gero (only other appearance in DB Creatures line). I think a lot of these figures warrant being made.
Otaku at heart.

Dbzbabe
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dbzbabe » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:17 am

Hujio wrote:
Dbzbabe wrote:When the final decisions are made can someone please post it here, I don't know how this works nor how many figures there winding down, I'd just like to know if Vegeta will make it.
Well I hate to be the one to pop your bubble, but No. 20 (Doctor Gero) handily defeated SSJ Vegeta in the first round by roughly 110,000 votes.
*Cries in the corner* WOW really? Thats a little shocking he won by that many votes...but then again I barely see any Dr. Gero figures at all and there is PLENTY Vegeta figures like that, so I guess its a good thing, that Vegeta wasn't anything really new anyways, generic Cell Saga Saiyan armor I see TOO much anyways.

*crosses fingers for Vegeta in pink shirt figure in the future*
Tackle life with as much energy as Goku! I'll try to do the same! - Akira Toriyama

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:24 am

I don't know if anyone noticed but, the picture in this thread shows Goku with triangles on his shirt and he's wearing sneakers. The earlier image looked like this...

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:32 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:I don't know if anyone noticed but, the picture in this thread shows Goku with triangles on his shirt and he's wearing sneakers. The earlier image looked like this...
*snip*
Who else but Goku could look cool wearing thongs with jeans?

Anyway, it's a shame the more original figures didn't make the cut.... I just hope that someday they will see the light of day.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Man, these figures are awesome! :shock:

Sooo, I take it the ones who "lose" aren't produced fully? I hope that SSJ3 Goku sees the light of day.
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

TheLegendary117
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheLegendary117 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:56 pm

I would assume so. The prototypes of those figures would be awesome to have tho. I have a buddy down in Dallas, we have been good friends for over 12 years, who has the prototypes of the Ox King and Raditz from If Labs. They were figures that didn't make it either but he got the prototypes through some special auction a number of years back. They are pretty cool
Facebook.com/The70MGame

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:34 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:I don't know if anyone noticed but, the picture in this thread shows Goku with triangles on his shirt and he's wearing sneakers. The earlier image looked like this...

His face is perfect. A big Image to whoever made this one.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:55 pm

I think I like this version with the flip-flops better. :3
And that the letters on his shirt spell out "pie". XD

Would really like to have both driving school Goku and driving school Piccolo.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:45 pm

Dbzbabe wrote:*crosses fingers for Vegeta in pink shirt figure in the future*
*also crosses fingers*

More casual clothing please!! XD

KKZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by KKZ » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:59 pm

I want all of those prototypes so bad...

Anyone have hopeful entries or predictions for the next competition?
[quote="temujin"]Krillin,the guy is just a ridiculous midget without nose.Seriously, he looks like some kind of bizarre monster. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Krillin's head is also pretty big like a balloon. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote][quote="Thanos"]Eh... it gets kinda old hearing elitists say things like "IT SHOULD HAVE ENDED WHEN GOKU MET BULMA"[/quote]

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:17 pm

Looks like SSJ3 Goku is still in the game even though he lost....? Maybe because there are only 5 official winners but you need 6 to hold the next round? There is a sticker attached to him but I don't know what it says.

KKZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by KKZ » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Chuquita wrote:I think I like this version with the flip-flops better. :3
And that the letters on his shirt spell out "pie". XD
Wow it spells out Scafl (My main Internet nickname) too, now I really want this figure bad...
[quote="temujin"]Krillin,the guy is just a ridiculous midget without nose.Seriously, he looks like some kind of bizarre monster. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Krillin's head is also pretty big like a balloon. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote][quote="Thanos"]Eh... it gets kinda old hearing elitists say things like "IT SHOULD HAVE ENDED WHEN GOKU MET BULMA"[/quote]

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:47 am

Driving school Goku needs a figure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-VnA4QW ... grec_index
Otaku at heart.

TheLegendary117
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheLegendary117 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:04 am

Raithos wrote:Driving school Goku needs a figure:

yes he does :lol:
Facebook.com/The70MGame

KKZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by KKZ » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:52 am

Raithos wrote:Driving school Goku needs a figure:

Most definitely the best episode, I really wish they would have kept this for Kai...